Toy Fair Show Any Classics?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dxtra30, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Dxtra30

Dxtra30 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was out all weekend , did Hasbro unveil any more Transformers Classics at all ? Any link to any images??

Thanks!

2. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord

haven't seen anything online, it's mostly movie stuff (and even that was light coverage) I think Hasbro might be waiting for Comic Con or Botcon for Classics, Movie, or Heroes stuff

3. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Comi-con and Botcon will be all about the movie toys and Titaniums. These are the only testshots that have appeared lately. If classics testshots do appear there's a good chance they're related to the Botcon exclusive set. While there is still several months before Botcon, I seriously doubt that Hasbro is releasing any new Classics figures.

4. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hasbro made it pretty clear from the start that Classics is a filler line between The Cybertron line and The Movie line.

*If* there are to be any more Classics toys at retail, we will not even hear about them for quite some time to come, never mind actually *seeing* them at retail.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm worried we're grasping too desperately at the phrase "maybe after the movie" in relation to Classics. Truthfully, that sounds like a pretty dismissive, noncommittal statement, akin to a wave of the hand and "sure, maybe later".

I suppose you could choose read it as, "Yes, we're planning to get back to Classics once we get through the movie stuff", but it's probably more likely the intended expression was "It's all about the movie toys right now - anything else will be way down the road".

Please note, the following is all conjecture.

Based on what we've been told the design timeframes look like, there's no doubt a post-movie TF line in the early design stages at this point... and then there are toys for the presumed sequel, which (assuming a 2010 launch) would have to begin development by late-2008 or so.

Classics was planned as a filler and is done, although undoubtedly we'll see these molds in future lines. For Hasbro to put aside their established plans and resurrect it post-movie, or (even more unrealistically) make new molds NOW as some have suggested... I think Classics would have needed to be a monumental success (think Tickle Me Elmo levels). The full pegs of Classics at every WM and Target seem to indicate differently.

That said, though - we really have no idea what the current plans are, but I'd imagine Botcon will provide those answers. No reason they couldn't continue Classics in Universe-style with repaints that fit the theme. There have been plenty of good ideas in the numerous "what other figures belong in classics" threads.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Toyfair was sort of a letdown.

Thought I expected as much, I would at least have liked a better look at the deluxe movie figures.

7. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Toy Fair effing sucked. I can't imagine why they even bothered to go, for how little they showed. Like D_C I swore we'd at least have seen the first wave of Movie guys.

Classic deluxes sell extremely well around me. Prime & Megs warm unfortunately, as do the craptastic Mini-Cons. But the deluxes move well enough to warrant making some new ones and perhaps shoehorning them into the next line. The rest of the pre-movie G1 cast is begging to be updated, esp. Jazz.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    A single tear *drip* for Classics.

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

Didn't think we'd hear anything on Classics ... kinda surprised movie toys were so light though.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Alternators has been replaced by Classics as the new favorite for panicked over reaction.

11. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's my stance on it, too. I love the Classics we got, but I've made peace with the fact that these will be the only official Classics we get. Of course, I'm looking forward to the movie line. I can see why those who aren't are so desperate for some more.

I would just advise that no one hold their breath over it.

12. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I would be fairly surprised if we see any more Classics, aside from a repaint or two.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aside from the fact that Hasbro hardly ever really reveals anything of any monumental proportions at ToyFare *come one guys, we hear the toyfare sucked stuff every year*, I still wouldn't hold my breath for more Classics toys. If we get anything to do with Classics it will probably come our way via the Titanium 6" line.

Honestly, I agree with ams, people are really so desperate to be more of these guys that they're grasping to readily at a statement that was made more as a wave of the hand in Hasbro's typical "sure, sure... maybe later" kind of thing. Personally, while I love Classics and desire more of them, I've made a personal peace with the fact that -outside of the Botcon set- we probably won't get anymore official Classics figures and likely no more new molds for the line. And, aside from them possibly giving us the rest of the Decepticon Jets at some point -assuming they're not part of the Botcon set of course- I don't really see Hasbro doing much more for this line than possibly repainting the figures as different characters and releasing them in other lines down the road.

Of course, we really have no idea what their current plans are as last Botcon was too far away for them to really tell us anything about anything coming after the movie blitz and they can't talk much about the movie at all. And by the time this Botcon comes around, movie toys will have been on shelves for about a month and the movie will be literally days away. We'll probably see some of the later movie offerings and just maybe catch a glimpse of some stuff they might be planing for after the movie blitz. If we don't see anything to do with Classics at that point I'd pretty much say it's done.

But, hey, it had a great run didn't it?

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Sure did. Who knows, mabye they'll release the rest of the jets in a universe-esque type filler line in the future.

15. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree people tend to read way too much into noncommital statements from Hasbro at Botcons and elsewhere. A statement like "No plans at this time, but it's not completely impossible." translates to "New mold Galvatron is coming March 2008!" :) 

I don't expect new Classics toys anytime soon, though I'd love to see it return in a slow-burning line similar to TF Universe. I suspect IF (colossal IF) we see any new Classics in 2007 (maybe 2008 too), they will be limited to store-exclusive repaints, which wouldn't appear at Toyfair anyway. I'm holding out hope for a good showing in the 2007 Botcon set. (I can't go this year, so I'm kinda hoping the stuff outside the main set is not worth plowing Ebay for. :)  )

16. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I honestly expect to see Classics return at some point, although probably not until 2008 at least.

17. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Classics becomes a somewhat regular filler line when there's a fairly large gap between toy lines. I think if anything we'll probably get some before each of the movie lines. That's pretty much the extent I think classics will ever really go, though. I never expect them to go beyond 2 or so waves at a time.

18. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    ya know, if there'd been any classics shown at the Toyfair, it would've for sure been mentioned clearly in the stickied news post on the Frontpage.... But yeah, nadda... and as for disappointing? This show gave us more stuff from Hasbro than we've ever gotten from a Toyfair. I was actually impressed, even if the bulk of their stuff was in a no-pictures room.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    no more classics

god has truly forsaken us :( 

20. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

The annoying part of this is: If Classics is the "filler line" between Cybertron and the Movie, well sorry to say this Hasbro but the damn thing aint filled yet. We still have 5 months til the movie. :banghead: