Toy Fair 2017 Transformers The Last Knight Display Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    Is crosshairs the same mold as his aoe incarnation?

2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He seems to share some tooling, but also some new. There's some subtly different things going on with his forearms for example: he no longer has the spikes of kibble behind his fists. Feet are new. Front coat pieces are also different, no longer awkwardly trying to plug into his chest.

Still 95% the same toy, using the same transformation, so if you didn't like the previous toy at all, then this probably won't do anything new to wow you.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Wow, I'm blown away by that Leader Megatron. Awesome jet alt mode (it's certainly Cybertronian but familiar looking enough to be an Earth vehicle), the nosecone and cockpit section becoming his signature right arm fusion cannon, and the beastly looking barbarian knight motif he has going in bot mode. Love the pearlescent sheen on him and hope that remains in the final production figure. HasTak did their homework finally on Megatron.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm surprised that there are a few figures I actually like. Both voyager and leader megatrons look quite nice. Scorn looks pretty cool (aside from the red). And deluxe bumblebee looks pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    @Galvatross, where did you find out that the Barricade wave is the third one? I was under the impression that he, Slash, Old Bee and Berserker were wave 1.

6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think people are assuming that Masterpiece Saturn is Barricade and thus Barricade is Saturn the in the third wave of deluxes. It's unusual for wave 3 figures to be leaked before wave 1 or 2 though, especially as they appeared to be production versions given a couple were in boxes, so I'm just waiting to see.

It's a slight retool.

• Like Like x 1
  7. skylight

skylight Well-Known Member

Perhaps. I also think that they could at least try their hand at a Triple changer Drift. It may be a bit hard, but as from what I've seen, they're getting a little bolder with their engineering, and really, what could it hurt at this point?

• Like Like x 1
  8. User_136440

News Credits:
    I'm in two minds about Megatron. I don't like how the jet nose becomes the arm cannon on the leader, the cannon on the Voyager looks more accurate to the concept art. But then I like the modded skirt armour on the leader more than the panels on the Voyager. The leader has a nicer deco, but the voyager will probably scale better with the Optimus. I hate choices and decisions sometimes lol

I can see the line runnng beyond three waves of each. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Shadow Spark repaint of the Optimus voyager at some point, given there's going to be one for the Allspark Starter Pack. Like many have said, the most likely candidates for the deluxe and voyager left are Hot Rod and Onsluaght, though again I wouldnt be surprised if there's a voyager or leader Dragonstorm too. I guess we just have to watch this space.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Horzzo

Horzzo Well-Known Member

I kind of like the scooter but I know I'll likely hate the character in the movie. Guessing he'll be the goofy "Jar-jar" comic relief type character. Maybe he'll be a Wheelie type though. Here's to hoping.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    What's the difference?

11. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I would have gone for a Deluxe Helicopter Drift as a new mold. Similar to the One-Step, but more articulated. I don't think a triple-changer of movie Drift could be done without one(or more) of the modes looking terrible.

• Like Like x 3
  12. MyloTron

MyloTron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MyloTron's ratings of his liked figures on a 5 star rating system.

-Leader Megatron: 4.5 stars
    -Voyager Megatron: 4.7 stars
    -Mmp: Bee: 5 stars
    -New Deluxe Bee: 4.5 stars
    -Deluxe Crosshairs: 4 stars
    -Deluxe new Dragon: 4 stars
    -Deluxe new Drift: 3.75 stars
    -Deluxe Beserker: 5 stars
    -Deluxe Sqweeks with trailer part: 4.75 stars
    -All the voice helmets minus the funny looking mouth on the Bee one: 5 stars
    -That biggest Optimus leader retool: 4.5 stars
    -Voyager Scorn: 3.9 stars

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pie125

pie125 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  14. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I be cautious about predicting future movie waves. I do not believe that they have ever extended a movie line, aoe was only three waves and retailers have wanted to move on from the movie line to the next new thing after each movie.

While I'm on the hot rod, onslaught train for the missing deluxe and voyager figures I wanted to point this out. If you were to take a look at Voyager hound, a Mercedes, and not excacly alt mode correct. Then take a look at the photos of the junk truck, a Mercedes. Wouldn't it be relatively easy to retool hound into the junk truck?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron reminds me of the creeper
    Creeper_Jeepers.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Coming from a guy that hates 88% of the movie toys thus far. These appear to be the best looking ones yet (some). That Voyager Scorn looks all kinds of tits. Steelbane's robot mode looks neat as hell. The Megatrons actually look very good. Repaints - Bleh.

• Like Like x 3
  17. User_136440

News Credits:
    I'm not talking about them extending it in the sense of doing more than they planned, just that everything we've seen isn't necessarily everything that will come out. They didn't show deluxe Barricade but we know he's going to be released. The toy lines for 1-3 were more than three waves, the only reason why AOE didn't was because of the small number of named characters. Remember, a lot of the stuff shown here's not due out till Autumn to start with, and they're running RID and TR simultaneously this time, whereas CW and RID came out after the movie lines were done.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    The Wheelie type is annoyingly goofy AND a bit of an arrogant asshole.

• Like Like x 1
  19. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, I'm sure there is a bunch of exclusive stuff still to come, seams like most of it will be from TRU.

Never bought into this "simultaneously" toy line thing. TR Wave 4 is out before the movie toys and then TR wave 5 and Trypticon should be out after wave 3 of the movie line. I don't see how that is really the same time. As it has gone, and I'd expect it will go in the future. Collecting MP in the spring, movie figures in the summer and prime trilogy in the fall.

• Like Like x 1
  20. User_136440

News Credits:
    oh so that's what the uv paint's for.
    Looking at that Scorn Voyager's made me wish they'd done a new Grimlock. Both versions of him are ok in robot mode but neither really captures the Dino mode, and Scorn really shows the Grimlock voyager up with its odd proportions