Toy Fair 2017 Titans Return Display Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I only want that Tidal Wave, so what to do with the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like how the box are for the speed set uses G2 Laser Prime and not TR Laser Prime.

3. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Number One in Boogieland

News Credits:
    Hasbro please stop. My wallet has already had about seven funerals.

• Like Like x 5
  4. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After seeing this I'm glad paid nearly $200 for a Carnifex. This Hasbro one is not anything near to what I was expecting. It looks great as a G1 update and is going to look superb next Ginrai, but I am more than partial to IDWs take on the character.

I have no exposure to the character prior to Last stand of the wreckers. So to each their own and props to the ones that like this one. But it's not my cup of tea.

5. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

Octane I'm not sure if I want, but it feels like the mold was built for him, and not two different decos of Optimus Prime.
    Blitzwing doesn't seem like an improvement over the Generations mold IMO.

Overlord is a BIG buy for me.

6. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    Is it really BBTS? Well depending on the price I may just go for Takara Ginrai on its own versus the set. Still though this is lame and you're right the mark up will be because it's "exclusive".

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    So we get a Seaspray, Bumblebee, Brawn, and Wheelie molds who can each hold a little Titan Master inside with an all new mold, but Cosmos doesn't get a proper little chubby UFO to port one around in? :( 

That said, I'm actually pretty impressed by the box sets. Nautica may be Blurr with new upper arms and head, but I actually like it. That's a slight shame, as I'm not particularly "needy" on the rest of the set. The other box set though, wow, that's a really nice set. Metalhawk from Triggerhappy looks to be very well executed. Tidal Wave looks fun, as does Pounce, it's for me, without a doubt the stronger box set of the two.

Blitzwing and Octane both look great.

Overlord looks as good as I had hoped, though I still hope there's some way to make the combined jet with the retool.

8. cirrusstratus1

cirrusstratus1 Banned

Blitzwing and Octane look sweeeet!!

9. Ch40sKnight

Ch40sKnight Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. I was thrown off guard by his colors. He does still look cool though. He's gonna be weird as a voyager however.

10. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    You wanted a Titans Return Shockwave?
    Well, here it is
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    OMG! Overlord is fully painted and his titan master too?! This is madness!
    I don't mind if he don't come with another titan master, since he has one with PAINT:)  .
    I am also getting Ramhorn and maybe Twintwist and Topspins, also Pounce and Windbalde.
    I am not sure how I feel about Octone/Laser G2 prime, I am not a fan of the robot mode.
    I think I dig Nautica, she looks quite femnine which is weird since Blurr still looked kinda manly. I am very confused right now....myabe I should get her as his evil twin sister:eek: ?!

13. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh cool. I don't have to import Ginrai now.
    Both sets will be mine.

The new Windblade looks nice as well.

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You and me both, brother! Octane was my favourite TF in the cartoon, but his Universe toy was a fucking travesty.

My thoughts on individual figures:
    Nautica: Basically a purple Blurr with a new head and fans. Simple, but effective. I have a thing for fembots.
    Fastlane and Pounce: The designs are great, but I seriously hope they're not limited to their respective sets. I want them sold individually. They seem a bit big for Legends class.
    Quickswitch: Meh, it's a Sixshot repaint with a new head. Suddenly that Greatshot retool doesn't sound so bad...
    Tidal Wave: Is this an Armada character? I barely recognize the guy. :confused: 
    Metalhawk: A clever reuse of Triggerhappy, and it should complement Timelines Metalhawk well. But where's Misfire? I was looking forward to him. :( 
    Seaspray: Finally! A decent toy of the loveable sailor to call my own. (Well, I had a sticker-less G1 Seaspray back in the day.) Now gimme Beachcomber plz!
    Windblade: Niiiiiice! It's great to see a new Windblade toy that resemblance her media counterpart so closely. I'd say it's superior to the Gen. Hasbro toy, but on par with the Legends toy (which I own).
    Blitzwing: Lookin' good! I'm sure this will make a lot of fans happy, but I'm still pleased with my Generations Blitzwing, thankyouverymuch.
    Octane: Hallelujah! This looks sooooo much better than that God-awful Universe toy. The remolding seems to fit this figure better than Prime does. Bought on sight!
    Laser Prime: Love the repaint! That tanker deco is a blast. I wasn't keen on Optimus Prime to begin with, but I think this Voyager figure will be replacing the Deluxe RTS one on my shelf.
    Overlord: Still on the fence about this. It's a great retool, but I have bad memories of the character ever since I read LSotW. (Don't ask.)
    Magnus Prime: BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! And fans thought Hasbro would never release Ginrai stateside. If they also release Godbomber, PM Optimus Prime owners are gonna be pissed! :D 

• Like Like x 2
  15. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:
    Quickswitch, Fastlane, Laser Prime and nautica all come in one pack. The same goes for Tidal wave, Ginrai, Metalhawk and Pounce.

16. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Considering I probably couldn't have afforded Ginrai right now as it is, I'm happy as all hell to see him get released over here.

17. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    It's painted because it's a mockup. My guess is most the underlying parts are actually Black Shadow. Samething with Tidal Wave, you can see gray under the purple from Broadside.

18. Nems

Nems Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My wallet just started crying, oh no.

Sky Shadow is really good looking, but I'm probably gonna go for Overlord. Really liking Blitzwing, and Octane is mostly good (the jet mode is still weird). I might be willing to buy some of the box sets and sell off the figures I don't want. Seaspray is looking good. Like the new Windblade. I already like Topspin, so Twin Twist is a no brainer.

If Hasbro does another Beachcomber I'd buy two of them. :v

19. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  20. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

Of these I may only go after Octane and Blitzwing.

Tidal Wave looks pretty bad.