Toy Fair 2017 Titans Return Display Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 18, 2017.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    It's a real shame Hoist and Trailbreaker got made when Deluxes were at their tiniest and jankiest.

• Like Like x 2
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I'm OK with them doing the iconic guys until the get them right - Hot Rod for instance, I like both OK, but neither is anywhere near what is consider a "definitive" version, where's I never need to see another Bumblebee, because I just can't see them topping Classics.

But, yeah, Voyager or leader Shockwave???? Gimme. He's basically now the only G1 'con Leader-type I can think of who hasn't got a Classics update (WFC/FOC doesn't even remotely count). Oh, and Scorponok, but I am pretty confident we'll be seeing him in the next 18 months...

3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Really? Because I know I'm not the only one who thinks that mold has serious problems. For starters, the head is stuck looking downward, the vehicle looks like a messed up jigsaw puzzle, and he can't use any weapons other than the one he comes with. It needs an update almost as much as Galvatron did.

• Like Like x 3
  4. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And to me, it looks like he's glaring at you from under his eyebrows. Sort of like pretty much any badass you EVER see get into a fight, real life or celluloid. Now the massive number of panel lines are a bit excessive, but the mold still looks good, and I have no problem posing or playing with mine on the rare occasion I get to. Now if only they'd do a black one. Just one. Make it rare, I don't give a shit. I need it for my Diaclone shelf.

5. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    When i get my uw lynxmaster and the shapeways piece i'll have all the ironhide and ratchet i'll ever need for chug.
    I'm perfectly happy with my classics seekers, voyager class is way to big for them and makes no sense but if they do them that way i hope they'll come from a Dreadwind mold, cause that guy needs a voyager size toy and that way i can have the mold.
    But Shockwave and the dinobots, yes please.
    And i agree they need to do the iconic chatacters untill they get them right, so voyagers for the headmasters and targetmasters should definently come along in the next three years.

6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Are Blitzwing and Octane closer to their G1 toy or cartoon appearance? I was considering getting Unique Toys Provider and DX9 Gewalt, but these look pretty good and will be much more budget friendly.

7. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    They're sculpted based on the cartoon designs, although there's the odd toy-specific touch in the decoes, such as Blitzwing's purple face.

8. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I've seen his face done purple in a few official art illustrations and toys. So that's fine with me.

9. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Cosmos is by far 1 of the best legends figures out there. Curious on the price. I got the original with payload. And it shines ever so brightly next to my G1 cosmos. These toys are fun and bring back memories.

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's definitely a good figure, but with the current Legends being able to carry the little head dudes, I couldn't wait to get a UFO that I could put someone into.

11. ca12nag3

1 and 3 I love as well. Though the dinobots if they come, better be great. I got all the movie dinos and they are ok. Shockwave I do not see happening, neither Soundwave. We got those with TR and CW. Yes we have the 3 seekers as leader class with CW but that is just remoulding from Jetfire. Great toy btw. Voyager seekers would be great. Actually Hasbro often goes with Voyager for plane bots. Cyclonus, Silverbolt and Scattershot are good toys. The old movie line had Starscream and the other 2 as well. Good toys "hate or love the design". I have both screamer and Thundercracker. Thundercracker being my fav seeker.
    I always felt the deluxe size does not do well with jets "except for the aerialbots". With a seeker you want to see the wings move about and the cockpit shift. Aerialbot design simply slaps a jet on the back of a bot. And that is just not a seeker worthy. "ghost starscream has that issue of being a nice looking toy but just not a starscream to me".

12. ca12nag3

It is a odd choice, having cosmos re-released. This is as far as I know the first time with a newer figure being random re-released.

13. Spector

Spector Banned

We're still missing Jazz, Hound, Cliffjumper, Prowl, Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Ultra Magnus (Voyager size), Springer, Wheeljack (Combiner Wars Jackie, no comments), Cyclonus, Scourge, Trailbreaker, Sideswipe, Red Alert, Tracks, Runamuck & Runabout, Dreadwing,

14. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Missing in what way? Most of your list was already done, AND were well-touted figures. In what way are they missing?

15. Spector

Spector Banned

Releaes

16. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    With the exception of Cliffjumper, Red Alert, Tracks and Dreadwing all are in either RID2.0 or the Prime Trilogy so don't think the others will get a Titan release. Oké maybe a RID Scourge

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  17. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Reveal the Shield had Jazz released, along with a Takara release under United, I believe.

Hound was released in Universe 2.0, and also Henkei. Combiner Hound was done in Combiner Wars. Don't care if there was a JP as the Universe is perfect.

Released in Classics, along with a TFP Cliff remold in GDO.

Universe 2.0 and Henkei, combiner in Combiner Wars.

Universe 2.0 and Henkei, blue version of combiner Club exclusive.

Universe 2.0 and Henkei, Combiner Wars

Classics two pack. Not sought after as he's a white Prime.

Generations (considered to be one of the best molds of that series) and United.

CW Wheeljack WAS released, and there was also Generations and United Wheeljack.

Universe 2.0, Henkei, Reveal the Shield two pack. There's also the voyager CW figure.

They JUST RELEASED this figure last year. Both Titans Return AND Takara Legends. There was also another mold released in Generations and United

Generations and United, also CW and Unite Warriors.

Universe 2.0 and Henkei.

Generations and Henkei.

Reveal the Shield and United.

Club exclusive remolds of Wheeljack. Also Blackjack repaints in Transformers Adventure in Japan.

The G2 guy was released in Generations. If you mean the Powermaster combiner, there were a couple of repaints for Botcon and one in Universe 2.0 I believe. May have been a Movie subline.

REGARDLESS, to say there was no release is completely false, unless you live in a country with no distribution, at which case I say "That sucks, hit the sales threads here."

• Like Like x 8
  18. Spector

Spector Banned

I know he have these figures in those in the Henkei/Universe/Classics

What I'm saying is, they need to release certain figures in the Titans Return.

Perceptor got a released in the Universe/Classics line and still had a figure that came out in the Titans Return toy line

19. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    No, we only need the figures redone that have legitimately bad figures. Perceptor was one of those in some eyes, in others, it simply wasn't GEEWUN enough. In my opinion, which is shared by more than a few people, a predominance of your list doesn't NEED redone. If your reasoning is because you don't have them? I don't know what to tell you, the nature of collecting.

20. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But it's not like they aren't going to redo every character eventually at some point anyway.

• Like Like x 4