Toy Fair 2017 Titans Return Display Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Onslaught24, Feb 18, 2017.

1. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    Yeah, I remembered that once I checked tfwiki. It's been a while since I've seen Masterforce.

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    remember, that wave got seriously limited distribution in the US, it's actually pretty cool of them to reissue it (honestly, I wish they did a better job of mixing occasional hard to find items back into assortments)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everything is hard to find these days, Why not just distribute them directly from their website.

• Like Like x 3
  4. artiepants

News Credits:
    Technically they do. And it never got TR Deluxe Wave 2 in... and is still waiting for most of Wave 3...

5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's at least partially this. Quickswitch probably doesn't warrant a mainline release, but it's a nice way to get a second use of the Sixshot mold.

I hope these box sets are successful, because I think we'll continue to see some interesting things from Hasbro in these - using the larger total budget to kind of bring back scouts (for the clones) is a great idea. We could also see them use that extra wiggle room to give us extra weapons, more "scouts" (Reflector, perhaps?), or some more significant remolds.

• Like Like x 2
  6. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    ... I have nothing. I guess if we take it to this extreme, then yes, shitty remold is better than nothing. Now, on the flip-side, a decent third party that got close to her actual presentation in MTMTE/LL? Yes, I would be willing to pay third party pricing on that.

• Like Like x 1
  7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    To each his/her/its/zwie/splorgh's own, I guess. I didn't have a problem with Grimlock Overkill, and I don't have a problem with Blurr Nautica.

On a more positive note, I realized today while looking at the roster that we are getting that much closer to a complete CHUG representation of the character roster of Transformers: Call of the Future. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

8. MarinerPrime

MarinerPrime Well-Known Member

I actually am kind of worried about the Super Ginrai US release because of Takara's use of rigid red plastic for the front of the trailer/back and sides of the torso.

I mean snapping the shoulders between modes feels REALLY scary, even when the chest is kept intact. I think PmOP might be better off in the long run because the grey plastic isn't going to snap from that kind of stress.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    Darn it, im grabbing at the screen but i cant reach that Seaspray! :mad: 

• Like Like x 5
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I've been trying that for Pounce, Overlord, Nautica, Twin Twist, Seaspray... I actually broke my screen trying to get Steelbane out of it, so i need a new laptop.
    I think i'm better off waiting for pre-orders.

11. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

Love it too, but most of the legends figures lately came out really well.
    Brawn, Powerglide, Wheelie, Shockwave, the insecticons. Seems to me the smaller the figure the less can go wrong. Sometimes the bigger figures suffer from fancy transformation wishes by the engineers. I get it they don't want to bring us boring toys. Galvatron suffers a lot from bad choices in my opinion. While Megratron/Blitzwing are knock out of the park in my opinion. True that Megs his tank mode is wanting but it pulls it off.
    Blitzwing has a less dominant cockpit for the jet mode which in turn aids the tank mode because it is less visible.
    And how a few pannels can just make a bot look better. Octane looks 100x better then prime. With just 2 different nosecone pieces and a set of different wings, it screams Octane. While the Prime version looks like a kiddie toy. No wonder online sites have that one in stock and Megs still waiting. Just got mine the other day. Months delay.
    All in all this wave looks great. Octane, Blitzwing and Seaspray must buys. After that is depends on like or dislike.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    The only Legends that are duds IMO are the cassettes.

13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Silly idea: What if you put the Rodimus head on Sentinel Prime? Vehicles modes are totally wrong, but the colors are close.

14. ca12nag3

True, but I believe as kids toys they are ok. For the gimmic. But that makes the line more so oddly. With true to G1 figures like Perceptor, Blitzwing and Brawn. You get figures like Soundwave and Blaster with casettes who are more kids toys. It all just seems a bit odd to me.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    The cassette beasts are even worse, and just being "kids toys" isn't an excuse IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ca12nag3

I would not call it being an excuse being kids toys. TBH kids toys is what keeps hasbro in business. Making fan stuff is a bonus. The Takara MP line is the line to go for if you are solely interested in G1 accuracy. What generations gives us is "affordable" figures that can sometimes have great accuracy towards G1. It is a bonus if it goes that extra mile. The Generations line is aimed at teens + collectors in a sense. So the gimmicy stuff I take for granted. However if it gets too close towards kiddie it gets into issues. The cassette line is close. But same said for the HM Voyager Prime. Basically taking Octane and dye him in G1 Prime colors. It goes a bit too far. And honestly online it is already a shelfwarmer. Sadly will do the same in retail.

17. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Problem with the casettes is the attempt at making them triple changers, which didn't turn out well. Lazerbeak and Ravage look vastly inferior to the G1 toys, and I can't think of any other CHUG figure I'd say that about.

18. artiepants

News Credits:
    The fact that they pretty much suck in every mode is actually kind of impressive :confused:  they can barely pull of Triple changers at the Voyager scale, not sure why they tried to cram that into those Legends "cassettes"

• Like Like x 1
  19. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

And i'm guessing the "Humanoid" Cassette bots (Frenzy, Rewind.) figures weren't that good either?

20. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I actually really love the cassettes, Laserbeak & Buzzsaw are some of my favorite Legends and yeah Ravage/Stripes aren't perfect but they are still pretty fun. I wish we could get more of them I'd love for a Rumble(Frenzy), Eject, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Sunder, Overkill, Slugfest, Rosanna, & Ratbat.

• Like Like x 1