Toy fair 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwavedotm, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Soundwavedotm

Soundwavedotm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey folks who's attending this event? Am going to to it and will be taking lots of pictures and visiting hasbro booth etc anyone else attending :) ))

2. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I wish! I'd love to go and see product up close and personal. Of course, then I'd probably be expected to..like...report on stuff and take pictures, rather than just drool over new product!

Hoping to see:

Transformers Prime product-
    Voyager Breakdown
    Dlx Knockout
    Dlx Ratchet
    Voyager Megatron
    Voyager Skyquake
    Dlx Arcee (new mold with arm cannons)

GI Joe product-
    New Joe iterations for Retaliation movie

3. Soundwavedotm

News Credits:
    Will make sure I take looks of pictures :) ))

4. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    They don't always allow pictures - they might not let you photograph the Gi Joe for example.

It depends on if they have an open booth or not.. as it's not a TF Movie year for Transformers I can't see a reason for them to not have an open booth though what with much of Gi Joe already being in the trail and thus not a secret any more.

I hope anyone who goes tells them to dig a big hole an bury their Unite-E M.A.S.K. concept inside it and try again with something that does not offend the sensibilities of a Classic Mask fan so much.

I am wondering a few things though like ;

1) Will they show Voyager Scale Generations toys this time around or will all Voyagers still be Movie or Prime related only in 2012 ?

2) If they make more Rescue Bots will they include of camera characters in the toyline or just remould or recolour the core 4 characters toys a lot.
    Also will they reissue some of the Playskool Gobots toys and sell them under the RB brand banner at all. and if they make more RB playsets will they all plug together in to one big one ?

3) I also wonder will they show more Star Wars Transformers and if they do will they finally get over their tedious obsession with the prequels era and realise with the Star Wars 3D re-releases not so far away there's a darn good excuse to make things like A-wings and B-wings now too.

4) With more Marvel Movies due in 2012 will they make more Marvel Crossovers or is that finally a dead idea now ? and if it is how about Gi Joe Crossovers to replace it ?

5) Will they make Micronauts toys in 2012 ? or are they keeping the idea in their back pocket for the time after Gi Joe and anything to do with Battleships dies back ?

5. Soundwavedotm

News Credits:
    Well I messages there admin team and aperently hasbro is allowing pictures this year on certain brands so hopefully fingers crossed :) ))

6. Secretcode

Secretcode Keeper of Encarta Veteran

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    It's not the NY Toy Fair is it? If so, what website are you representing?

If it's the UK Toy Fair, good luck with pictures. I keep hearing that they're pretty militaristic regarding pictures, especially after the whole G.I. Joe Movie leak a few years back.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  7. Soundwavedotm

News Credits:
    No dude its the uk one

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Even if they don't allow any picture may you can at least give us some good descriptions of what was shown.

9. Soundwavedotm

News Credits:
    Deffo completely intend too