Toy Combiners are impossible... oh wait-

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bellpeppers, Feb 3, 2012.

1. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Hey it's all good pal.

Just make sure you buy at least two of them to make sure that this "test run" is successful .

2. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    Haha. Yeah. Unfortunately mine is observant and my collection is in our shared office. We plan on buying a house in 2.5 years, which includes us each getting our own hobby/office rooms. I may just keep things in storage until I have space. It wouldn't be the first time.

Being so wrong never felt so good.

I want Monstructor! I never finished my set as a kid.

As much as I want those, I do agree with you. Do the ones that have seen less love recently first. Or really, alternate between a solid favorite and the underappreciated.

Yeah, I agree here too. Even if it is NOT a litmus test, just selling well will send a message that combiners are a go for the hobby again.

Add my signature to this letter.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ This.

Much as I am super surprised and thrilled by FoC Brut, the one thing I'm not looking forward to is the continual deluge of threads asking hasbro for the next 3-4 years "Why don't you release [the combiner that I think is the most important] in Generations the same way that you did FoC Bruticus?"

The only pure-nostalgia G1 combiner I could maaaaaaaybe see them doing is Devastator. Anyone else would NEED a major media push, and then they wouldn't be "100% G1," just like these aren't.

I'm no expert and feel free to point out my wrongness if someday we are all playing with our Abominuses and Raidens and whatever, but regardless I really don't want to see posters vilified for believing Hasbro reps over other posters' pure unadulterated wishful thinking.

4. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    Oh I am fine with accepting that. Hopefully combiners start receiving enough media suppor that we can see about a combiner every year or so.

Who knows, maybe the G1 airings on the Hub is enough to get kids into the Classics toys.

5. Computron34

Computron34 Always Tired

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is why Switchblade is a good man.

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Same here, I did that shit with the original Energon push for Superion and Devastator, and Bruticus.
    Still don't have a complete Devastator or Bruticus, and didn't complete Superion until the other two limbs hit Dollar General for $5...2-3 years later.

Same here, in truth, I think the Technobots would fit EXTREMELY well with the pre-Earth theming the games are using.

I agree, and I'm still on the fence on how "good" this idea is until I see how Bruticus is marketed and released. Again, Energon really soured me on the whole combiner thing at retail

I agree with many who feel this is a test for the concept, using the game to carry a lot of the marketing weight. If it flops, we might not see another for a lONG time.

Makes me wonder if Bruticus is getting his own pricepoint..and if so, maybe we'll see a certain Citybot to fight him....

7. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^^ Yeah, I'm thinking a set around a Leader Class price point, probably a bit more.

8. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I'll agree with you when these things are in US retailer. Not in China, not by Takara, not in Europe, not in Canada, in the US.

Sorry at this point I believe it when I see it in US retail.

9. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Dude, that just made me think. If the Generations line is coming out with these....then the United line.......oooh man....I'm gonna be fucking broke.....

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Do it! We've already segregated the movie thread and the third party thread, maybe we can divide the fandumb more into "those who said Classics Bruty was possible" and "those who said Classics Bruty wasn't possible" toy discussions.

Or maybe we can realise we're all in it together and enjoy the hobby?

11. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I want an updated version of the Protectobots (no helicopters or motorcycles for limbs, plz).

I am hyped for this Bruticus, now I feel a lot better about not getting Crossfire.

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well I think the only reason they are trying this is because they have cybertronian alt modes. without the limitation of forcing them to look like an earth vehicle, it gives them more wiggle room. Not to mention, unlike Contructicons, the Combaricons are all vastly different vehicles. So I get the feeling Aerialbots are unlikely, but Defensor and Menasor are fairly possible candidates.

13. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's exactly what I'm thinking too, all those shiny metallic paint aps:drool: 

14. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Perhaps they'll give Combiners a major push when/if they delve more into Nexus Prime of the Thirteen.

15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Well, to me, if Hasbro is going this far, screw the Combiners. Let's see a little love for OMEGA.

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Shouldn't be to hard. A retool/repaint of the Energon toy would be cool, since I n ever got around of getting one.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously. Why exactly are we requesting Constructicons when two third party companies already did them? +Encore and add-ons, +the Energon one. We don't need more Devastator, for crap's sake.

It would be cool if we got Technobots in FoC instead of Bruticus, since them having cybertronian modes actually makes sense in terms of classics. If FoC ever has a sequel, I hope they do so.

18. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *fistbumps* feels damn good, doesn't it?

19. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    I'm am very glad that the Transformers design team was challanged to create a new five member combiner team of this calibur. They turned "it's too expensive" and "it's too complicated" into "here you go!"

For those who like to poo poo the movies and the movie toys, if it weren't for three successful movies, Hasbro would not have attempted this.

20. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Proof please.