Toy Class Explanation Matrix (no pun intended)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by devildog820, May 15, 2007.

1. devildog820

devildog820 Member

I am a born again fan from the G1 years and I am trying to get all the toy classes straight. I searched around, but couldn't find a comprehensive explanation of the different toy classes coming out for the movie. Leader, Voyager, Deluxe, etc.?

Can anyone post a rundown?

Thanks.

2. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    legend, smallest toys, simplified versions of larger bots - $3.99
    scout, small toys - $6.99
    Deluxe, medium sized toys the "meat" of the line, no electronics - $9.99
    Voyager, bigger sized toys, electronics on some, gimmicks usually - $19.99
    Ultra, slightly bigger than voyager, usually more gimmicks - $24.99
    Leader - Biggest toys (exclusing ultimate Bumblebee), reserved for leaders and bigger characters

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The Movie is a tough one with all those sublines, but here goes:

Scouts (Basics) are the smallest class, and are all repaints of toys from Energon and Cybertron, it seems.

The Real Gear Robots assortments sell for roughly the same as Scouts I think, maybe a shade more.

Deluxes are the main part of the line, tend to go for around $10 or so, in spite of the name they are the typical "standard" size.

Voyagers are the bigger $25 toys, they are reserved mostly for the massive guys like Starscream and Ironhide.

Leaders are the expensive ones, $40-50 depending on where you shop. Big and loaded with electronics these guys. Optimus and Megatron are confirmed, Brawl is also reputedly going to come to this assortment. There's also rumours of a Starscream but don't bet on it yet.

Beyond that you have the Ultimate Bumblebee, $80.

There's also the Fast Action Battler assortment, smaller than Deluxes and their main gimmick seems to be simple transformation and shooting missiles. In Japan, Takara Tomy has dubbed these "Basics", just to confuse matters.

You've also got the Cyber Slammers, who are even smaller toys, they're best described as bump and go Transformers.

I'm sure I've missed a few but that is the basic overview. For an exhaustive listing, you've got a master list written by ams over in the Toyark: Click here to visit the master list.

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

...so basically the names change every toyline

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not every. The Movie assortment still carries the same names as those used for Cybertron, except that it has no Scout Class (basic) assortment proper. Beast Wars through 'till RiD kept the Basic/Deluxe/Mega/Ultra/Super/Supreme system. Then they started messing with it in Armada, with the three lower classes being called Minicon/Supercon/Maxcon, respectively. Energon went back to the old system, except they changed "Super" to "Leader", since only Optimus and Megatron occupied that price-point. Cybertron then went and subbed "Scout" for "Basic" and "Voyager" for "Mega".

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Armada also redubbed Ultra as Gigacon and Super as Super Base, since the only Super released was Optimus.

Also, the Movie does have a Scout class, its what those repaints belong to. They aren't movie toys proper, but they are being tied into the Movie as "Sector Seven" characters and mecha. Either you count them or you don't, up to you really.

8. devildog820

devildog820 Member

Wow. Guess I'm going to be broke....

Thanks for the info!

9. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not that there are any in the Movie line, but don't forget about the Supreme class as well. Those would be the largest figures from recent lines, not sure what Fort Max was. This class has been the Planet bot Unicron and Primus as well as Omega Supreme in Energon and a really big Starscream in Cybertron. IIRC there was also a huge ass Chetor in the Beast Machines line.

10. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I just left it out as it had no bearing on the movie line.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    You know, I haven't seen it mentioned, do we know the price point for the FAB?