Toxic "friends" (control freaks who aren't really your friend)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sheba, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheba

Sheba FF 1 Badman=Cyclonus

Ever know that one person (or maybe a couple of people) that seems to be such a control freak, that they tell their “close” friends that they have to choose between them and another friend, and to cut all contact with a particular person (or even set group of people) in order to remain their friends? I’m talking about people who believe in “Guilt by Association”. (And I’m not even talking about people who have done anything wrong (or for that matter deserving of shunning), they just don’t like the person for whatever silly kindergarten - elementary school level reason).

Or even worse, they adamantly order their friends (or badger/convince them) to cut all contact with someone who is friends with a friend of a friend of another person who might have actually done something (but nothing criminal or hate-based) that they didn’t like. Something that might even be based on a lie!

It’s like seriously, who the **** do they think they are, telling a person who they can or can’t be friends with? Are they freaking five years old? Did they never grow up? Honestly, what business is it of theirs who another person talks to EVER?!! Driving unnecessary wedges between people is wrong. IT’S WRONG!!!!! It’s also unfair to the other person.

People should NOT acquiesce to such childish demands. Do not reward a person for being controlling. If someone demands that YOU abandon someone YOU are friends with, or even just mildly acquainted with, just because they personally don’t like them for no good reason, call them out on their BS. Or at the very least, if you don’t feel comfortable calling them out, DO NOT abandon YOUR FRIEND (or acquaintance) based on the other person’s say-so. It's not worth it. Keep it on the downlow if you must.

If you abandon a person as a friend ONLY because another friend told you to, for no valid reason, you are a terrible person.

Oh, and the person that told you to, isn’t really your friend.

Some day, you might end up NOT having either one. So don't burn your bridges.

2. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Friends come and go. Life is simpler that way. I also hate drama like this.

People who act like this or the OP are out the door so quickly their head will spin...

3. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.