Toughts on Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bariprime, May 25, 2010.

1. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    I liked it. Now I need to replay the first game. I was a bit surprised to hear that the Prince is called "Destan" which means "epic" in English. Action was good, story was transfered good to movie, acting was meh sometimes but overall, a good movie to watch. Also another side note:

*SPOILERS*

I felt a feeling that I wasnt feeling for a long time in this movie, something unexplainable. I felt it in the scene where Destan and Tamina were together again. Think of it, you lose someone you love to save the world and when you go back in time, she cant remember what happened because of it. You are the only one who knows the truth. Wow I felt it again while writing this :D 

*SPOILERS*

Your thoughts?

2. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Honestly, this is one of the best "video game to movie" films ever. And overall, it was a pretty good film on it's own.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must see

4. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    And Disney made this?

Does not compute! *Head implodes*

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I think this will stop your head from imploding

YouTube - TRON 1982 Trailer

6. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    I know. :lol  I just don't believe a company like Disney could make a movie adaptation of a popular video game.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Judging from the trailer it looks kind of neat. The Lego sets are bitchin'.
    Maybe on video....

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, what happens July 19th? New DVD, BluRay Re-release in theaters?

edit: Nevermind, fan video. :( 

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give Disney a little credit, if only grudgingly. Disney made the original Tron and had to pull some Apollo 13-like ideas outta their pooper to get it made.
    Same with The Black Hole.

Though it's not my fave, The Black Cauldron was also a bold step for them.

so it isn't a stretch Disney could pull off a good to great video game adaptation once in a blue moon.
    even the Knicks win a game once in a while, ya know?
    ;) 

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Disapointed that they didn't adapt the original POP, I wanted 90 minutes of standing on pavement switches and falling into big spike pits.

11. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

My wife and I went to see it tonight. She really liked watching me play the first game, so she wanted to see the movie. I thought it was a good movie. I just wish that they would have shown him falling into some kind of pit and using the dagger to get out of it.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Nice to see one of my faveourite franchises has a decent film attached to it. I'm still a little peeved they decided to name the Prince. :( 

13. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

Why? I don't get it why in some media, characters aren't named.

Anyway, I saw it today. It was entertaining. It had Pirates of the Caribbean humor. I liked it better than Clash of the Titans, but not as much as Robin Hood

14. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea if this is faithfull in any way to the game, but I enjoyed this film & for me is the best video game movie so far. Now when do I get PoP: The Movie The Game?:p 

15. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that is like dividing by zero, good job, you just destroyed the universe

16. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    Just saw it: not bad.

Two gripes:
    1. Accents. Not sure why everyone had an English accent. Sure everyone needed to speak English for the audience, but why English accents? Is that to make it more convincing that it took place long ago? Also, it looked like a bunch of white people running around some Middle eastern extras...

2. I cringed every time that they said "you are the Prince of Persia" our some version of that. I think it almost should be a drinking game...

17. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I just went to see Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time, and I have to say I liked it. I only played one Prince of Persia game, and oddly enough, it's the black sheep of the family: Prince of Persia 08...so I'm not saying I'm the best person to compare the movie to the game franchise. Some of the things that seem to be bothering the game fans (like giving the Prince a name) did not bother me. As a huge fan of another UBISoft property - Assassin's Creed...this movie definitely felt like the Prince of Persia but with dashes of the more cinematic momets featured in Assassin's Creed. (May they someday bless the screen with a movie based on Assassin's Creed, and may it be as good as or better than Prince of Persia!)

It certainly isn't the best movie of the summer, but it was quite entertaining. It certainly ranks among one of the best movies based on a video game franchise (although that really doesn't say much...)

The movie felt very much like the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie likely due to the same creative forces. It had moments of humor, moments of action, some great CGI (but not overbearing), and some great acting. I hope they don't ruin this franchise the way they ruined Pirates of the Caribbean with overbearing plot points and betrayals and side-switching and everything. I'd like to see this franchise continue. Despite my feeling that Jake Gyllenhaal was not the best man for the job, I feel he really gave quite a good performace. I think many people (myself included) stacked the cards against him for this film, and they will be pleasantly surprised. He pulls it off.

After seeing this movie, I certainly wanted to buy the new Prince of Persia game (which has a Prince dressed very similarly to the one featured in the film)...but I settled for some of the 3.75" figures.

18. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    saw it today for my b.day and i love the film

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I saw it today and enjoyed it quite a bit. Although I can't comment on how it relates to the games, it works well as a summer adventure movie. The effects were decent and the acting was surprisingly good overall.

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I watched it as well. More interesting and better than Clash of the Titans, though it seemed as if the pacing was to fast, and the chemistry between the two main characters was somewhat bland (I don't know if it was the actors themselves or a script). Alfred Molina was great, but what's with Kingsley and playing villains? Anyway, good fight scenes, very reminiscent of the old adventure movies, and I also like it how they implemented Prince's acrobatics.