TOTAL SMACKDOWN - Deceps who can take down Omega Supreme!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by perceptor_mc, Jan 24, 2008.

1. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Buzzsaw you fools

Seriously, he kicks major ass.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Hilarious. Actually, I think it would be considered a little crazy to treat that like it DID happen. :) 

I treat this just like every other ******ed, conflicting, inconsistent, and problematic thing that has happened in the G1 cartoon, comics, etc... I ignore it since it's so clearly an issue of bad writing, no different than a lapse in animation quality, or a line spoken by the wrong character, etc. Within the context of the fiction and canon, it's virtually impossible. It's a pointed error by a writer (or artist) who didn't give a shit.

It's like a mugger shooting Superman with an ordinary bullet, and killing him on the spot. And then no explanation being offered for why Superman is dead.

Sure a writer suffering from some sort of breakdown or mental disease might script such a story, but it doesn't mean it should be taken at face value. :) 

EDIT: For the record, I LOVE Buzzsaw. He's way cooler than Laserbeak, and always has been.

EDIT #2: And remember everyone... "canon" is spelled with two N's, not three! :) 

zmog

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What issue was the Buzzsaw's attack? Was it before issue 50? To me its simply lazy writing and a plot device just like in the G1 cartoon when Lazerbeak (who gets trashed by Autobots like Bluestreak in a single shot) nails Optimus.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Totally off topic, but after recently watching that episode again, I laughed out loud when Omega popped out of the little logoon pond. It was only waist deep on guys like Beachcomber, yet Omega could apparently emerse himself in it completely. :) 

5. beloth

beloth Banned

shockwave....he took out a couple of omega sentinels in the IDW war within comic story line.....

[​IMG]

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Megatron
    Sixshot
    Trypticon
    Scorponok
    Devastator
    Predaking
    Bruticus

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Predaking no question. It's the best Decepticon at fighting and pack the most firepower for a combiner. It'll be a quick fight since Predaking moves at lightning fast speed with animal like ferocity. Omega Supreme will bite the dust before it can even get a shot off.

8. SMOG

Or it might be like a tiger fighting a grizzly bear. The tiger can be as fast and furious as it wants, but it's still only going to end one way. :) 

The earlier image of Shockwave disposing of 2 Omega-class sentinels in one shot is pretty impressive, but one would hope that Omega Supreme would be more effective than a couple of nameless cannon fodder clones.

Of course Omega Supreme is often used in the comics in the same way as Galactus was used by Marvel for a while... he was always getting his ass kicked by new villains just to establish how powerful they were. After a while you forget how powerful he's supposed to be in the first place. :) 

zmog

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Overlord would be a good candidate

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, good point. Same like the Silver Surfer! LOL! It seems like their gimmick is to put other characters over!

Predaking as bad ass as he is, I think he's overrated. He couldn't handle Sky Lynx in the cartoons and Megatron in the US Marvel comics.

11. SMOG

Haha! The Predacons in the G1 Marvel comic were hilarious.

First they kick Megatron's ass in animal mode... really tear him apart. Then suddenly Razorclaw says something like "He'll pick us off one by one if we stay in this mode! Form Predaking!!"

And then Megatron shoots Predaking and he's toast. Way to go Razorclaw. Good strategy. Why should he pick you off one-by-one, when he can get all 5 of you in ONE shot! :) 

Predaking may be the biggest combiner TOY, but in terms of the character, I don't think he's really all that much tougher than the other combiners. In terms of raw power, Omega totally outclasses him. Predaking can supposedly lift 500 tons without strain. Omega Supreme can life 300 000 tons... with one arm!

Going by the available statistics, I think Omega's far and away the strongest Transformer that has been measured.

zmog

12. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    yeah i was about to say that. I'd go so far as to say Overlord would handle him quite easily.

13. newguy

newguy i

Newesis Prime? Or G1 megs. He is indestroctable

14. beloth

beloth Banned

That is the thing though...Omega is NO different than the other guardian robots aside from the fact that he became sentient and could transform, otherwise same strength, firepower and endurance as the other guardian robots...so if shockwave could smoke those fools with some well placed shots one would have to presume that shockwave could smoke omega....but to do that he would have to get up close and personal...and shockwave flying in cannon mode is probably about the cruising speed of the titanic boat....SLOW....

15. SMOG

Actually it's never been established just what the relation between Omega and the other Guardians is. As far as I know, it's all vaguely supported "fanon" for the most part. All we really know about him is that he looks like a Guardian, but he's a different colour and has a different status.

Considering how many characters share a mold, yet have significantly different abilities, I don't think that there's any reason to assume that Omega Supreme is subject to the same limitations that other Guardians are. If anything it would be suggested that he is a supercharged version, and all the others are just pale shadows.

Of course, again this gets us into the territory of conflicting canons. Between Marvel, the Cartoon, DW and IDW, there still hasn't been much exploration of Omega Supreme's capabilities.

zmog

16. omega ranger

omega ranger Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Trypticon or Scorponok could take him down. Even a gestalt like Devastator on a good day.

Buzzsaw couldn't, but I love how the comics portray him as almost larger than Omega and took him down with a headshot. Plus the caption on the pic of him taking him down on Teletran-1 is hilarious.

17. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    Monstructor!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Astrotrain. :p 

19. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, Im with u.

20. SMOG

According to IDW and Simon Furman's version of Monstructor... well, yeah. Though we also never really got an idea of just how Omega Supreme was supposed to be in IDW... he just showed up in a "spiritual adviser" capacity... a really BIG spiritual adviser. :) 

I've never seen that series... is Overlord really such a monster? I know many consider him to be the best leader the Destrons ever had...

zmog