TOTAL SMACKDOWN - Deceps who can take down Omega Supreme!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by perceptor_mc, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Trypticon.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Basing my opinion largely on the original TechSpecs and profiles...

Nobody?

Megatron MIGHT have the raw firepower to do it... at least with his antimatter link. So maybe Shockwave/Galvatron too... but that's only if they can get a few good solid hits.

Sixshot? Not sure... depends on his portrayal.

As for other BIG guys? I don't think there's anybody in his league. Some people say Trypticon because of his "city" status (which is a cartoon thing, and was always a bit silly). Following the more traditional "battle station" version of Trypticon (where he is smaller, but has an actual personality), the odds would be more even... however, I'm still not convinced. Assuming that Metroplex and Trypticon are well-matched, by pure stats, Omega Supreme is MUCH stronger than Metroplex... and therefore likely much stronger than Trypticon too.

Granted Omega Supreme doesn't have nearly as many weapons... he just has one really BIG gun. (and that head turret, though that's almost not worth mentioning. :) 

zmog

3. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Hmm, yeah Trypticon is probably the only one (one on one).

Otherwise, maybe Devastator/Menasor/Bruticus teamed up?

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Given the limits and excluding anyone powered up by the Underbase, the Matrix, Heart of Cybertron, or Electrum:

Buzzsaw obviously did so, somehow... Proving that any decepticon could, given the right writer on his side.

Laserbeak probably could, since Buzzsaw can pwn him.

Galvatron from the UK comics would've obliterated him; other materials mentioned several times to be the most powerful Transformer ever.

I'd bet that one on one, Straxus could slaughter OS without even taking too much damage.

Megatron could've from the show since we all know that Optimus is really the only true equal of Megatron.

Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker could do it, given that OS is a guardian and the three together have been known to kill guardian robots during the first great war, though not easily. All six (or seven) could do it as a team. While OS did take down a decepticon contigent in his first appearance in the comics, we all know that first appearances in a comic means you're unstopable by everything known in the universe.

Slightly outside the limits, but G2 Megatron could do it, he was abnormally powerful and his railgun probably would've hurt like hell. Also, the G2 Decepticons probably could, like Jhiaxus.

The Insecticons working together could, given their powers, skills, teamwork, and clones, it would probably be a quick fight.

Devastator could, but it would be a drag out, last man standing fight; Devastator wouldn't be in good shape when it was over.

Predaking could from the cartoon. While not vastly effective, he probably would've been shown as more than a match for the older OS.

Menasor probably could as well; but the Stunticons would really have to be set on the task.

Monstructor pretty much did pwn him in the recent one shot.

5. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

None of them- the Autobots always triumph in the end due to morality in the media.

6. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Bombshell could mind-control Omega Supreme and make him shoot himself multiple times.

7. SMOG

Straxus? STRAXUS?

You mean that two-bit petty tyrant that Blaster managed to defeat? I never really gave Straxus that much credit, to be honest. :) 

Except Grimlock and the other Dinos seemed to be more powerful that Prime on the cartoon. And there was that time that Skyfire tossed Megatron around like a rag doll. The leaders weren't really all that hot on the cartoon.

Or it might be like a swarm of insects trying to attack a man in a sealed, impregnable environment suit, with a laser blaster and really big stompy boots. :) 

I suspect OS would be knee-deep in smashed Insecticons, and still look fine.

If his torches could actually cut through Omega's hide to insert the Cerebro Shell (doubtful)... plus Omega's single-minded unshakable resolve might prove too much for Bombshell's powers. Once in the comics, he inserted a Cerebro Shell in Optimus, but was unable to control him. At all.

But of course in that same story, then Megatron used the shell's connection to Optimus to siphon off his ability to use the Matrix to give new life to TFs. Okay, so that was a stupid story... :) 

zmog

8. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree with ya. Base on the original tech specs i don't think anyone other than a bigger TF could have taken down Omega...and that includes combiners (yes, Predaking included).

With due respect to IDW (joking guys! :D ) but there was no way that the Monstuctor (spelling) could have taken him down.

9. Gyver123

Gyver123 New Member

There will be no Decepticon's that can't take down Omega Supreme
    because he is a Legendary Warrior of the Autobots

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    didnt bitch ass Sunstorm beat him in the dreamwave series?

11. SMOG

It's true... based purely on TechSpecs, Predaking isn't even all that strong, though presumably he's much faster than any of the others.

Yeah, that kind of surprised me too... though it seems like IDW are treating those monster-pretender guys like they're some kind of out-of-control ultimate super-weapon, so I guess if you want to show that off, you have him beat down Omega Supreme. I gave up on following the TF canon long before Monstructor came along, so I'm not as fussy about how he's portrayed. :) 

Sigh... yeah. But Sunstorm was some kind of demigod in DW. Plus his powers seemed to fry circuits rather than physically demolish foes... sort of like Circuit Breaker in the comics. So I guess that was kind of an alternative method.

zmog

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    what a coincidence, I hated her too!

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get what you mean. Seems like Omega Supreme role is to "put over" characters to make them look "bad ass". Anyone who beats him makes an impression of sorts! XD

14. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I think Predaking could take down Omega Supreme.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Starscream's ghost could pwn Omega.

Literally.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much anybody except Starscream. (not ghost, solid-scream)

As mentioned before Buzzsaw took Omega down in one shot, and that's for real. Omega seems to beat a group of 'Cons pretty easy, but for some reason, send one guy like Blitzwing or Buzzsaw after him, and you get Omega not-so-supreme.

^^But yeah, Predaking vs Omega on a good day would be no contest. But they're G1 bots who are all powerful one day and walking chumps the next. It's really impossible to predict outcomes of fights like these because of the almost spasmic whirl-wind that is G1 continuity.

However, deep down, I like Omega, so I like to think that only someone big like Predaking or another combiner/base-bot could beat him.

17. SMOG

Even Predaking I wouldn't give great odds.

He's quick and sneaky (and Omega is slooooow) so I figure he might far well if he stays out of range of that claw, and doesn't get himself blasted. I figure maybe he could wear Omega down with his arsenal before going for the kill... like a hunter would. Even that might fail though, as Omega is supposed to be next to indestructible... he apparently shrugs off anything less than a nuke (Buzzsaw-WTF?-Clause notwithstanding)...

And toe-to-toe, Omega would C-R-U-S-H him. I mean, Predaking can lift 500 tons easily. Good for him. Omega can press 300,000 tons... with ONE ARM! That makes him stronger than Metroplex and Predaking put together! :) 

Supreme is not a name... it's a cosmic truth. :) 

zmog

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Man F^&% Omega Supreme. He is one of the most overrated Autobots ever. I pretty much think any fast Decepticon with half a Brain can take him out one one. He's effective against swarms, but he only has two weapons and his size, he's not fast, So as long as a Decepticon is fast and has a lethal weapon, like Megs anti matter canon, Screamer's null ray, or SHockwave's canon, I think they have him handled. One shot to the optics once blinded, he's done. Ever try catching a fly? That's what it would be like for Omega Supreme against standard size warrior Decepticons.

He'd destroy any gestalt or base size Transformers, because he's big and stronger than most of them and can get his hands on them.

19. SMOG

Disagree. One could say the same thing for Devastator. Okay, anyone who can fly can beat Devastator then. Just shoot him in the face. :) 

Omega is slow, but he's a tank. The whole point is his ability to take (and dish out) punishment. There probably aren't any Cons short of Megs or Shockwave who could even put a hurt on him... and even then, they'd have to contend with the possibility of getting snatched or blasted... and Omega hits HARD with either arm. :) 

While most Cons can fly, I wouldn't use the "catching a fly" comparison. I get the impression that they aren't all that fast or agile while flying (which is why fighter jet alt modes aren't redundant). Cons would be much bigger than flies next to Omega, and probably WAY less maneuverable while airborne.

Starcream's Null Ray raises questions about how vulnerable Omega might be to less conventional weapons that attack his other systems. I might expect that he'd be more or less shielded from such effects (otherwise being the "ultimate defensive force" is kind of an overstatement), or at least is big enough for a Null Ray not to fully incapacitate him. Might leave him numb in the claw for short time... :) 

zmog

20. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

An Underbase-powered Starscream could take him down.