Total Recall: 21st anniversary

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HordakFan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. HordakFan

HordakFan Banned

With the remake already released and the mind-bending special edition Blu-ray out, it seems like it's been 21 years since it became one of the most popular yet coolest action and sci-fi movies even among Arnie fans.

I remembered seeing that cool teaser to it when i saw Christmas Vacation in theaters as a kid and seeing the trailer to it during Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, i couldn't wait even with Starlog magazine (which i subscribed since i was 4) for the movie and i saw this movie 6 times in theaters when i was 9. Afterall i've been seeing R-rated movies in theaters since i was 4 with Fright Night and TR left an impression on me.

The score still kicks ass you know as Jerry Goldsmith is the best composer ever next to john williams

2. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the original Total Recall was only 12 years old? The original came out in 1990.

Edit: And I can't do math. That is 21 years. My bad. Damn, can't believe it's been so long!

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Is it bad that I was reading it as: "21 day anniversary since the horrible remake came out?" Haha!

It's funny, I was thinking about this the other day. I look back at how long ago some of these movies were out. Movies that seem like they only came out a few years ago, came out over a decade ago. It's crazy when you think about it, because at the time you were watching this, you were thinking about movies in the 80s coming out a decade ago. How time flies.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    See you at the party, Richter!

But as far as composers go, I'd take John Barry by a million miles over Williams or Goldsmith any day.

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sharon stone was so hot in this. This was before she flashed her beaver too.

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea i've seen this in stores, i'll pick it up someday soon. since it is only like 10 dollars last time i checked.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I too think that the 90s were just 10 years ago. I find it strange to see people with birthdays in the 90s and think they are little infants but they drive cars. Crazy.