Total Disappointment.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemesisconvoy, May 20, 2011.

1. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

One of the things I was hoping Hasbro would figure out on their own was that with ROTF Prime being such a fine figure, and then DOTM Prime uses a trailor, it would be logical for Hasbro to release a leader class trailor for the ROTF Prime. Everyone with a ROTF Prime would want one.

I personally own a Buster Optimus Prime and would have shelled out $40 to $50 easy for a trailor for him. Am I the only person here that is completely disappointed that Hasbro has over looked this?

2. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    A trailer by itself would not sell well....

3. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

In order to be disappointed, it would require that I had expected such a thing at all.

It makes absolutely no financial sense for Hasbro to manufacture and mass-market a single accessory for a toy that it is no longer selling or actively promoting. Beyond that, no parents would buy it.

4. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    Maybe a third party trailer/jetpack/mechtech-y guns and new articulated hands will be done.

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To be fair, I hadn't even considered it either. Besides, Hasbro wants you to buy their new Prime mold from DotM AND a trailer, not just a trailer for a toy they've already sold you.

6. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I don't want a trailer. It'd just end up sitting in my closet.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I don't have the space or interest to display trailers, so they end up in my parts bin.

8. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't just buy a trailer, even though I love ROTF Prime, and if HasTak re-release ROTF Prime w/trailer, I probably wouldn't buy it either....it'll be too big for me to have around.

I'm just getting a Voyager Prime w/trailer from TakTom. That'll do fo me :) 

9. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

And people wonder where the 'shrinkage' for the DOTM line comes from :rolleyes: 

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    How can you be so sure?

The line just started people, these are not the only toys we will ever get from DOTM. Even well after it's end we'll probably still be seeing DOTM movie figures ala HFTD.

Hell, since Takara did that remould of Optimus with his DOTM look, I'd say it's pretty likely Has/TakTomy will make a leader class trailer. Will Hasbro sell it? Tough call, as it'd be pretty expensive WAY more than $40-50 on size alone. Takara, well, I'd be kinda surprised if they didn't.

11. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dame here, no need for just a trailer sold by itself, i wouldnt even consider buying it. sure it would look fine but a box with wheels doesnt look like a much of a toy, i can easily see a 3rd party doing a trailer for prime for the collectors but an everyday kid would prob look at it and ask, wtf, its a box, not robot

12. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This. I'm still hoping for a third party trailer.

13. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    It's easy to find room for a trailer, just remove a bunch of overrated figures that suck! :p 

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol, wut? How does people not being interested in displaying trailers explain the smaller figures in DotM? The Mechtech pieces are one of the main reasons for the smaller DotM figures and I've been throwing those in my parts bin right alongside the trailers.

But if I put RotF Prime away to make room, then why would I need a trailer for him?

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I just find it really funny the way people get so bent out of shape about what size class a Prime figure is. I guess it shouldn't be a shocker then that someone would get upset about size his trailer is now.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    :inquisiti  I own a RotF Leader Prime, and I definitely don't want a trailer for him.

I don't see a trailer being sold buy itself selling all that well. Even with a built-in gimmick it would still need a figure to go with it. Also, it would make sense if they were re-releasing the Prime figure itself.

17. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's true, the line just began. It's not like Hasbro hasn't released an upgraded version of a figure after we all bit the bait and bought the earlier "basic" release. Maybe there's and "Ultimate Optimus" on the wings awaiting a sales goal. I'm not holding my breath, though.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me it all comes down to what the trailer can do. If Hasbro whipped up something like the FP G3 trailer, I would be all over it. That being said, the trailer they did make (for the voyager) is a big empty box with holes to plug in weapons that you need to buy other figures to have.

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Which is why 3rd party companies win.

20. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'd be happy with a nice big trailer that becomes a playset. Throw in a Legends/Cyberverse figure and we're golden.