total box office earnings for July 2nd?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I just came from the local theatre in my tiny little podunk of a town, Terre Haute, IN. Myself and about 8 others just saw the 8pm premiere of TF. I wasn't expecting a very big turnout, however, I was proved wrong. For the first time, my local theatre was sold out, and still had people wanting to get in. For a town with a population of 170,943, I did not expect this. NONE of the starwars films, LOTR films, or anything else was able to sell out here.

This makes me wonder if it was this way all across the board. Did anyone else experience sold out premieres? This also leads me to my next, and main, question...

How soon will we hear the total earnings for the July 2nd premiere, and have there been any 'guesstimations' on how much the movie might make in it's first night?

2. digitalvehicle

digitalvehicle Member

The theater I went to had it showing on 2 screens. There were about 6 different theaters in town showing it at 8:00. The screen i was at didn't pack the whole thing. Probably because it was showing on 2 at once. Also, there are about 250,000 people in my town, for reference.

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Hey you live in Terra Haute. Cool. I used to live there when I was little.

Check in with BoxOfficeMojo.com for daily box office reports.

4. infinitron

infinitron DEVIL'S ADVOCATE

There were about 4 theaters in Louisville with showings today. The one I attended had 3 showings. I went to the first showing and it was packed. Maybe sold out but if not close. No lines or anything though. If I hadn't gotten there an hour early I wouldn't have had good seats.

5. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  6. TheLastAutobot

TheLastAutobot the guy behind the shades

Ebay:
    Mine was completely full!!!!

7. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

It was showing on 6 screens at the theater I went to and I'd imagine they were all about 70 to 80% full.

They started seating us at around 7:35, and I'd say the line was already 300 to 400 people strong.

8. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    rofl. "ONLY $900,000,000.00"

seriously though, when I first went in, I was with 8 others. we were there 45 minutes prior to showtime, and we thought we'd be the first ones in and get the best seats...... boy were we wrong........ before we walked in, there were less than 25 seats left. fortunately nobody liked sitting toward the front except for us. Front and center, best seats in the house.

9. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Our theater was packed! We got there 45 minutes early and barely found four seats together; it was showing on two different screens.

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The theatre I went to had it showing twice at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30,10, and 10:30...I caught the 8:00 showing...there were a handful of seats left, and when it was over, there were two lines forming outside for the next 10:30 showings.

11. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    The 8:40 pm showing in Eatontown NJ had only maby 40 people in it, if that. We theroize that it was because they added them late and didn't advertise it at all on the website.

I hate crowded theaters so I was happy.

The midnight showing was sold out though.

12. cptpain

cptpain Well-Known Member

double post

13. cptpain

cptpain Well-Known Member

pop of 170,000?

my city's population is around 100,000 and there are 3 theatres that have been sold out since fandango posted the first (8pm) showing and will be sold out until next week. and each theatre had 6 showings for matinee and 12 for the night

a few dumb soldiers grouped together and bought a total of 500 tickets and scalped them for $30 a piece. they were told to give them out for free without any profit at all by the base commander. they deemed it was unfair to the general public and to the theatres. and they didnt go see the movie cause they were given "extra" PT, and field duty for the remainder of the month

14. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Well-Known Member

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Pop. Less than 30,000 and it was sold out.

Of course, about a third of the way in, it froze, flickered, and we all watched in horror as the projector melted away the movie, but they fixed it a half hour later, ran the rest of the film, and we all got free passes for our troubles.

Still, an oddly dedicated turnout.

15. A/OrionPax/3

A/OrionPax/3 Welcome to Funkutron

caught the 11:40 show in amherst new york. only went so late cause i had to work but even though it had played probably close to 30 times between 8 and then, the theater was still 90% full. everyone was blown away including myself on my birthday. there was scattered applause at the end which ive never really heard at the end of a flick.

16. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The theater I was at had it showing on 2 screens at 8pm. One was about 1/2 full, and the one I was in was 1/4 full. I'm guessing not many people knew it was out tonight, or maybe there's not as much interest in it as hyped. Hopefully just that people didn't realize it was out yet.

17. Scorpion

Scorpion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the 8 pm showing in Bloomington, Indiana and it was probably 90-95% full , which is HUGE. I have never been in a theatre here (other than TF) which was at more than 50%. Plus we have to remember that 1) it's on a weekday and people have to work etc. 2)They didn't market the sneak preview at all (I've had to prove to people that I've seen it because they didn't know that it came out tilll the 3rd [or some the fourth]) So ass full as it was...with as few people new about the ACTUAL premere date...I think it's going to be HUUUUUGE

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Theater I went to was about 3/4 full (or 1/3 empty if you are a pessimist) but then again, we are talking about 8:00 on a Monday here.

19. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    The theater I went to was about 90% full, and the movie got a lot of claps at the end. Good news to me.

20. Leonix

Leonix New Member

8:00 Showing Barton Creek Cinema in Austin had plenty of open seats, however, when I was walking out, there was quite a line for the 11:15 showing.