Torrent/Subtitle Viewing Help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DestronGenerals, May 29, 2008.

1. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

I looked in the rules and I think this is ok...

I am driving myself mad trying to figure out how I can get these torrents of foreign movies to play with subtitles. I understand that the .srt or .sub files that come with them are the subtitles but I googled anything I could think of to explain it and tried downloading mplayer and ffmpegx trying to figure it out and couldn't (or the explanations were for windows).

anyone have any laymen insight?

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    The only advice I can give is to download a codec pack and Windows Media Player Classic (comes with the k-lite codec pack). Once you have those, take your downloaded movie or video file, place it into a folder (or leave it wherever it is you downloaded it to), then check for the subtitle folder. Once you have the subtitle folder, make sure it is in the same folder as the movie or video file. Open it with Windows Media Player Classic and you should be all set (works for me). You can also disable any subtitles that come with movies and videos by simply taking them out of the folder that contains the movie or video file (or delete it, if you don't want it). Hope this helps you out, man.

3. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
  4. DestronGenerals

i guess i should've stated it outright but i'm running a mac...

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

does vlc media player work on macs? that's the best one for watching anime, I've found, because it has easily accessible menus for which language you want the audio and subtitles in.

6. DestronGenerals

Wow. thanks for the suggestions! VLC player worked and either automatically added the subs or when it didn't was easy to figure out. thanks.

7. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

Yep, VLC or try downloading perian for quicktime and that should open up the subtitles as well.