Torchwood 05/11/06

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    So did anyone else catch tonight's episode? Best one so far in my opinion. Some excellent continuity with Doctor Who's finale, we get a massive dose of development for Ianko (SP?), and a truly dark take on the whole "Cyberrace" concept, as well as a look at the whole dynamic of the Torchwood team.
    It helped that we got to see a new take on the Cybermen - well, undeniably a Cyberwoman - but the dark, twisted levels she took her love to, and the Jack / Ianko dynamic really made this episode. Only flaw I can find is why she changed so suddenly. Guess you could say she changed long before then, but you might also say it was because they "fixed" her. Still, a line of dialogue explaining it would have helped.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Definitely the best episode so far. By a LONG way.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Cyber-woman FTW!
    I second/third the notion on 'best episode so far'
    Jack really is taking a pounding though, 4 episodes in, hes already been killed 3 times.

Also, the bit where the scientist gets mangled by the machine, thats some hell of a mask/CGI there, that looked incredible.

4. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeh was best ep so far still don't like the crazy action music they play about once every 2 mins though

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think Lisa was turned long ago, and played the part of wanting to be human again to get Ianto to help her. Which sucks for him. And one thing I love about Captain Jack is he's a pirate. I mean, he has insight where he KNOWS he right, he's from the future, but his team question his belief.

I enjoyed it, but there were flaws. I was about to turn it off when bloody Hoshi/Yoshi/whatever did the whole dumb girl thing, (it unlocks any door in 45 seconds, but I'll just stand here and wait to die. Idiot.)

Oh, and 'Shoot first' doesn't mean stand there and try to reason with the threat.

Also, the Cyberwoman should have looked less like a fetishist and more horrific, like what happened to that scientist guy. IMO.

6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I wondered why they just didn't use that thing on the gun room, blowing the Cyberbint up with an alien BFG would have been allot less hassle.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thats EXACTLY what I thought too. Still, I think shooting her in the face would have done the job as well.

8. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

"I found their weakness! They're powerless without their heads!"

Heh, I love that quote ^^

I quite liked the episode... I agree a slightly more cybernetic appearance would have been better than the so-obviously-not-metal bikini, but the actress did a good job for the role she played.

Storywise, I would have preferred a bit more info on why the conversion unit was malfunctioning. My guess was that it was since Ianto had reconfigured it to act as a life support cradle instead of an actual conversion unit, but no dialogue backed that up... and I would have thought Lisa, with whatever programming she had been provided with (enough to operate the machinery at any rate) would have known that the unit was possibly not working right to start with.

Ah well. Here's hoping they've got a Dalek stashed away somewhere (that ends up in Utah in a few years...)