Customs: Topspin to Roadbuster mod

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bountyan, May 28, 2011.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't have Topspin yet, so I'm wondering: would taking Deluxe Topspin's alt mode parts and attaching them to Deluxe Roadbuster work for giving Roadbuster a more accurate looking alt mode? I'm mostly talking about the side door grey pieces, the back black piece, and the engine thing sticking out on the hood:

[​IMG]

to look more like this when it gets on Roadbuster:
    [​IMG]

Would this whole thing even work out well? Anyone else attempting to do the same? I don't really feel like buying a HA Roadbuster just to get the accurate alt mode, plus it would be out of scale with the other figures.

2. ZombieBalls

ZombieBalls Drives fast

I really like this idea and hope someone can show us how it's done. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible (though here in Radicons, it often seems like any awesome idea is possible :bowdown: ).

1. The gray side pieces on my Topspin do look like they could come off with just a screwdriver and some pulling away from the rest of his blue legs. One caveat would be that the area under the "48" logo and towards the rear on a real NASCAR is where the exhaust pipes tend to be (usually passenger side I think). In your picture it's kind of hard to see but they've approximated it in the mold but it's no longer part of the rest of the side gray piece, it's actually the side of his feet, another piece altogether. Maybe you could either do without it or slice it off and attach it to Roadbuster how ever you would attach the "main" gray pieces.

2. The black piece in the rear is a two piece stylized spoiler that includes a pinned hinge. It's hard to see how it would be compatible with the trunk lid/spoiler on Roadbuster but I guess with some sanding it might be possible. Without taking either of mine apart, the sizing seems plausible but probably not simple. Topspin's spoiler pieces would seem to be to long if keeping the hinges.

3. The engine coming out of the hood appears to be one piece. The hood is blue plastic and the exposed engine is just silver paint on the same part as far as I can tell. Roadbuster's hood is made up 4-5 external pieces (depending on if you're counting the top air dam assembly) and cutting up Topspin's hood in the same pattern wouldn't match well. It looks like you'd have to fabricate 3 pin hinges and 2 rivet hinges out of Topspin's hood if you were trying to keep Roadbuster's transformation to bot mode similar.

If you just wanted a static alt mode of Roadbuster that couldn't transform, then I could see this working. Otherwise, short of Hasbro releasing remolds where a deluxe Roadbuster looks "Stealth Forced" and Topspin looks like a normal NASCAR, and I hope they do, I can't easily tell how to mod it that way. Human Alliance Roadbuster of course looks like how you want him to in alt mode but you're right about the scale.

I too would like someone to pull this off and show how it could be done.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think if we wait, we'll be seeing all kinds of versions of these guys coming out.

4. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    They have very different transformation schemes. On Topspin, the cab area to his spoiler becomes the shoulder launchers. The legs gain all of the side kibble and the hood becomes his backpack. You'd have to figure out a way to adhere the stealth force parts to Roadbuster's arms.

5. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe. I might just look around and see if I have any spare parts from other toys that could work.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd just like to know if the panels for the car modes break in the same places or maybe even have the exact same type of connection points. I want a HA clean car non weaponized version. Since nascar bodies are pretty much just shells, and the Transformers are shell formers, maybe switching the bodies won't be so hard. Like, are the pieces of the front of the car on Topspin's hips the same as the pieces on Roadbuster's chest?

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for this as well.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I used to be a huge NASCAR fan and loved Dale Earnhardt. I'd like to do up a bunch of HA cars as different paint schemes he used. I prefer Roadbuster's bot mode to Topspins, but HA Roadbuster has all the guns. I'm hoping for interchangeable parts so I can swap 'em out. Decals in that size are plentiful since there are so many 1/24 scale NASCAR models.

If not, I'll have to settle for using his Oreo paint scheme from the last Bud Shootout he ran on the weaponized Roadbuster. Seems fitting to use his "Shootout" colors on a car covered in guns.

9. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope you're right about this - I really do.

10. Biofan813

Biofan813 Biofan813

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great idea. i was just going to Drill a hole on the grill/fan and put in a gettling gun. Dont forget the gattling gun. Looking very good.