Topspin is the next Club Figure - Animated toys delayed till June

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kenucme, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Kenucme

Kenucme Yes, I'd get that one too TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BTW, the club magazine also mentions the next free figure for club membership. The figure's name is Topspin and appears to be a helicopter mold. I'm basing this off the pictures of him from the front page of Master Collector and the inside front cover of the TF collectors club magazine.

2. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Kenucme, was there any news in the club mag about upcoming toys or anything? I thought Pete said we'd be seeing pics of Allspark Power toys that we hadn't seen yet... (And if there is, you should probably start a new thread about that so that other people can know...)

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Sounds cool to me. Then again, the more helicopter TF's I see, the more I like them. The only thing I don't like about the past couple free figure's I've seen for this combiner thing, is the odd looking clear red and clear blue colorscheme. Here's hoping that it doesn't take long for things to be finalized enough for at least the date to be anounced.

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

I don't think it's much of a surprise, but it is good to have some more concrete info. As was somewhat expected, all the combiner molds are from Superion and Bruticus after all, no Const-Max mixed in.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Topspin but no Twin Twist?

:( 

6. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude. I like you, but you should know what the response from the other board members are gonna be in reply to that post :) 

7. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

That he deserves a new figure?

I AGREE :D 

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    They should have repainted Demolishor as a Giant Planet Twin Twist back during Cybertron. Those guns look like drills!

9. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There were a few pics in there. The article containing them was an interview with Mike Ballog, Hasbro's brand manager for the Transformers line.

There were 6 pictures total. Two sets showed the robot and alt modes of Landmine (S7 dune buggy) and Incinerator (double-prop helicopter). We've pretty well seen these already.

The other two pics were of a Bumblebee redeco from the Concept Camaro mold. The alt mode basically has the colors reversed, black where he was yellow, and yellow stripes where it was black. More importantly, the robot mode has the head retooled to have the armor mask. It looks pretty cool.

I don't know if the Bumblebee has been seen already. But without being able to scan pics to post, I don't think I could really start a new thread that was worthy.

BTW, Mike Ballog mentioned that the Animated figures would not be released until late June with a full line by August.

10. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Holy crap. That's the Stealth Battle Bumblebee that was mentioned a while ago, and it is going to use the Concept mold after all, which I kept swearing would make no sense. How insane when we've got Cliffjumper too, but a new head mold definitely helps.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=156656

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to hunt down some crows.

11. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Never heard of Mike Ballog before. I thought Aaron Archer and Greg Lombardo ran the shop over there.

Odd that they'd retool BB's head and then reverse the colors. Im not interested in the Animated figures but it sucks that they got pushed back, I hope Classics 2 doesn't get held up as well.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    We haven't seen pictures of it, but we did see a listing for a new Bumblebee figure. Now that I know it's the Concept mold, and will have the battle mask, he's now on my to get list. Well, it kinda sucks that Animated won't be out till June/August, but, it'll definetly give me plenty of time to save up for when the line hits.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Now that sounds awesome right there!:thumb 

14. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

is the head yellow? if so, it´s good ofr chaging heads

15. Kenucme

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, the head as well as much of the robot mode is yellow.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. I might get the origional deco plus this repaint/remold swap the heads, and kitbash the repainted one as a new character. I'd love to see scans of the pictures, but, not breaking the rules is more important than seeing the pictures, so I'll just wait as patiently as I can for images to leak, or official images, or something.

17. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I find it hard to believe that the 3 part movie will premier in December and the series begins in early 2008 yet the toys will not reach saturation until August? Something's wrong with that timeline. I'll wait patiently until someone in the know tells us directly.

18. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Um, you do realize that Mike Ballog is the Brand Manager right? Pretty sure he is "in the know."

19. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waiting 8 months after the show premiers is pretty much nuts, if I do say so myself. Perhaps he was busy smoking crack while in the interview?

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Animated delayed three MONTHS? Well, that frees up a lot of cash for KOs.