Minor/Repaint: Topspin and Twin Twist Detail Repaint

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by OptimistPrime, Apr 26, 2008.

1. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    These two are my first real customs (provided that detail repaints count). I had a pair of junker Jumpstarters lying around and decided to see if I could make them look better.

Topspin was in the best shape, only missing a screw that held the cross beam between the legs in place. His arms are loose, but that's not a big deal. Twin Twist had his gun break off in his left fist at some point. Also, the catch that keeps him in alt mode broke off, so I had to use a rubber band to get alt mode pictures (it's a red rubber band, and quite noticeable in the pictures). If I ever come across their guns, I'll repaint those as well. I'll also replace Twin Twist's alt mode catch next time I get a Transformers lot with a Jumpstarter thrown in. If I get bored, I may get out my Dremel and try to drill out the broken gun post.

The stickers are courtesy of Reprolabels.com, and in my opinion, improve the look of the repainted figures. For the paint I used Model Masters Acryl - Flat Black, Gunmetal, Silver, Gold, and Light Gray.

Why the Jumpstarters, you may ask? Well, first of all, they were junkers, and I wouldn't be able to get much for them if I tried to sell them (the white plastic had yellowed and the stickers were worn or missing). I had wanted to get into detail repainting, so I needed some cheap figures that I wouldn't be terribly upset if I messed up on. Finally, I think they just look pretty cool repainted.

Attached Files:

2. grock35

grock35 Hmmmm...

News Credits:
    those paints apps makes a huge diff....very nice....the only suggestion i have is to paint topspin's visor

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, you didn't mess them up, so I hope you have the confidence to tackle a figure regardless of price now. :) 

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

damn now i have to go repaint mine :)  like i dont have enough on my agenda of customs to do. thanks alot lol

btw awsome job!

5. OptimistPrime

OptimistPrime Certified Optimist

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comments. I'll see what I can work up on Topspin's visor. Working on a detail repaint of Movie Dropkick right now. The robot parts have turned out great so far, I just need to figure out what more I want to do with the vehicle mode.