Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Dec 16, 2009.
30 most unfortunately named transformers
Couldn't see the link.
Can you post the list, please?
Excellent list!! but where the hell is Lube???
Erector only 4th!?!?
Never thought of some of those names as dirty before... I will never think of "Hot Rod" the same way again.
He was No. 2...
Hmm...I think Bombshell and Nightbeat are fine.
Discharge is #2.
But no Nexus Maximus?
On page 2, to be even more exact. I chuckled for ab bit over "Nightbeat". I have heard many of the other names before, but I have never, ever thought of Nightbeat in that way. Thanks a lot, Topless Robot!
Poor Policeman Pete.
Wow. I will never look at Nightbeat the same way again! :
Here's the list, with some of my comments:
30) Ultra Magnus - Not too bad, just unexciting...
29) Midnight Express - Reminds me of a song, oh, wait, that's "Starlight Express"
28) Tentakil - Sounds like a Pokemon's name
27) Loafer - Must be one lazy bot
26) Gingham - Sounds, well, lame...
25) Bombshell - If it were a sexy fembot, the name would've fit...
24 & 23) Clench and Thrust - Sounds like Kegel exercises or something...
22) Magnificus - Is he truly magnificent?
21) Vroom - The sort of sound kids make when playing with cars...
20) Wideload - His load is wide
19) Powerhug - Better than a group hug?
18 - 16) Glide, Nightglider and Powerglide - Slippery when wet...
15) Gas Skunk - Sounds so awful...
14) Hot Rod - He doesn't really look like a hotrod...
13) Policeman Pete - Prolly the lamest TF name ever...
12) Drill Nuts - Sounds painful
11 - 8) Alan, Joe, Leaf and Rodney - Sounds like townspeople...
7) Windbreaker - Fartimus!
6) Huffer - He'll blow your house down!
5) Flareup - Don't make him angry, you won't like him when he's angry...
4) Erector - The name speaks for itself...
3) Nightbeat - Sounds like something from a mystery pulp...
2) Discharge - STDtron
1) Breast Force - Hmmm reminds me of Aphrodite from Mazinger Z
Lol that was a good laugh.
While some of those were obvious, most seemed forced and just seemed like they were trying too hard to be sexual and funny and just came off as immature and stupid.
They forgot Vulvicon and Optimus Glans.
Hmmmmm....it's a start, but they're missing
Okay, yeah, that's bad....
The list would probably be better if it was cut by about half, or even just a 'top ten'. It shouldn't, but having "Bombshell" there annoyed me a little.
Oh, and it's not fair picking on any of the Playskool toddler TFs. Making fun of them for having a lame name is like teasing the toddlers themselves for not being able to work out quadratic equations.
Oh, and since everyone else is going "Why not XXXX?" ... No Sideburn? Guess the writer(s) haven't heard about the upcoming Trenchmouth either.
Separate names with a comma.