Troopbuilding: Your Guidelines & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Aug 30, 2016.

?

How Many Figures Do You Need When Troopbuilding?

1. 2-5

40 vote(s)
    65.6%
  2. 6-10

7 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. 11-15

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. 16-20

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. 21-25

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 26-30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 31-40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 41-50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 50+

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  10. THERE'S NO TROOPBUILDING IN MY HOUSE...!!!...SO I'M 1 AND DONE...

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    No.

Eradicons 2.jpg Eradicons 1.jpg Eradicons 3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Truthfully no. If you think that's a lot, you should do some searches. There are people who have (had?) 81 or more Vehicons.

I got that many Vehicons because of a few factors:

• I really like the engineering on that mold, it's a very original transformation.
    • Like many, Vehicons just weren't showing up in my area; I actually had the AM versions of both Vehicon and Jet Vehicon before I ever saw a domestic version, so that's part of the reason I ordered them just to have one!
    • Then around Christmas of that year, Target reduced the price and got some stock in and I finally found the first one at retail. Hit 3 Targets and bought 2 US Vehicons total. I was satisfied.
    • In the new year, I was at 5 Below and they had an endcap of that wave. I debated for almost half an hour and decided that instead of getting some of the figures I was less interested in, to clean out their Vehicons. Got 4, for $20.
    • I had been working on my own fiction, partly an homage, partly something new with the 30th Anniversary and was putting together my own mixed series Autobot and Decepticon forces. I was using the Vehicons as the backbone for the Decepticon ground forces, with a bit of a Cylon twist.
    • In March, I was doing some birthday shopping for family and decided to step in to a different 5 below next door and found they had an enormous display of that same wave. Helped myself to more.
    • Then ordered 2 Jet Vehicon Generals to go along with my lone Jet. Hopes for a domestic release faded and I wanted at least a leader and 2 followers.
    • By chance I was looking at Amazon when I saw that the price for Vehicons had crashed at the end of Prime. Ordered what has become the final 2 at $6 with Prime free shipping.
    • With TAV, decided to get the 2 ground generals there so that instead of one big group, I could break it into 2 squads of 6 with a commander for each, then a LT (The AM) to lead the two squads.

No, I don't have that many of any other figure; the price, opportunity, and that I had a role for such numbers in my fiction all worked together to encourage me to get them. My closer friends did joke about having an intervention after I got the Amazon order that if I got any more regular Vehicons, they'd have an intervention for me. My next biggest force if you count it would probably be the Classics Seekers and even they aren't that big in comparison to other collections; Classics Skywarp, Starscream, Ramjet, and Acid Storm, then the Games of Deception group, then the Generations Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust.

In terms of pure duplicates is the Animated Autotroopers who came in a 3 packs. If not, it's BM Obsidian as KB Toys would frequently have a purchase a larger class Transformer and get a basic for a penny sales and I recall getting a few Obsidians when they had them and I was making a purchase; it's been a while and I don't remember exactly how many I have, they've been in storage for quite a while, it's either 3 or four.

After that, I think Generations Shrapnel, I have two Hasbro and one TAV versions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, cloud shockwave which is a repaint of whirl.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

1. TR Gnaw - Trying to get 20 for now, I already have 16. I'd like to get the size of a battalion down the road.
    2. CW Viper - Trying to get 6.

I'll provide pics after this week hopefully.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

2 versions of Legion Springload,so still chose bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cool...you planning on more eventually...

• Like Like x 1
  8. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Maybe.Got 2 only cuz a shipping accident.Bought 2 from different websites since one was list but it came too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Banned

Space, cost and common sense dictates 2-5. No more than that. Every dollar spent on an army troop is a dollar further away from acquiring a unique character.

Maybe if I invested into 1 line only and had an awesome diorama display, I could probably go as high as 25- but I don't have that much of a investment into any one particular line for the sake of a single visual display. For the sake of telling a story, I can bed on my 'only one of a character' policy.

If I found some MP Sharkticons that I was happy with I could do 5-10 at most. The likelihood at this point is very low. I used to have an old Alien VS Predator display with about 20 alien drones surrounding the Queen, which included an alien hive backdrop and some green lighting for mood- but that was a long time ago.

Large displays require maintenance, dusting and take up a lot of space.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. peddlerofwine

Some more Gnaws. I need another alicon or two.
    1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Usually just up to 3. I haven't really had a troop builder mold I was totally in love with. Currently I have 3 prid Vehicons, 3 TR Scourge, and 3 TR Gnaw.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's beautiful...how many of the Takara versions you plan to add...if any...

Cool...appreciate you sharing...

13. peddlerofwine

Thanks, dude! I have to see the pics and price of Takara's first. The TR versions are around $10 a pop if I find them, but the alicons are $40 each. I have to wait and see, but I am interested.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Haven't figured on how many I'll go for yet either...mostly because I've not decided on Hasbro versions either...figuring 3 to 1 ratio Hasbro to Takara...maybe 4 to 1...

15. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy aka BrickBotGuy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The only ones I have so far are PRIME Vehicons (Deluxe car, Cyberverse car and Cyberverse jet) and Animated Autotroopers. Coincidentally at the moment I have exactly 2 of each, but mostly out of availability- I could only every find 2 of the Deluxe Vehicons since they were shortpacked and Animated Autotroopers are rather expensive, being BotCon figures. However if given the opportunity I'd happily buy as many as 5.

• Like Like x 1
  16. peddlerofwine

I pre-ordered three. They do look good and a get an extra Wario Scourge head with each one.

No prob sharing. I will be able to share more once I buy a house. I have to keep stuff in boxes or at work.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RoboArt

RoboArt Well-Known Member

IMG_0934.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
  19. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    If you wouldn't mind...I'd love to see some images of your Sharkticon troops here...

20. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    What's a good Generation-styled Decepti-Jet...that has the three Conehead decoes...and...would work as clones of them...in a CHUG-lection...specifically as troops of Straxus...???...