Top chef

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by seeker311, Jun 6, 2008.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    So this is the first season Ive been watching this show, but I have to say that I have developed a better love for food. Anyone watch this? I cant stand Lisa. Does anyone know if the other seasons will be on DVD soon?

2. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've watched since season 1 and felt that was one of the best seasons. This season is pretty darn good though.

Lisa is a bitch, she always was a bitch and now with less people on the show her bitchyness is even more apparent. I love how at the end of the last episode she made a stink over not getting a congratulations from Richard and Stephanie, and then Richard mentions in his time with the camera: "What do you want? Congratulations for winning the bronze?"

I figured Richard and Stephanie would be in the final, and I thought Antonia would be too. I just don't want to see Lisa win.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    Yeah that was great. Richard is gonna win. He is by far the best all around cook out of anybody thats been on the show.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I prefer top chef over the other Bravo contests (for reasons that border on evil) and i have to admit that the chef that gets the big knife- or gets to keep their tools unpacked- deserve it.

project runway seems like a fixed, rigged, scandal infested faux reality contest compared to top chef. on PR, a self obsessed contestant ignores the rules and they greenlight them all the way to the finals.
    TC, you break the rules, you get skewered by not only the judges, but by a chef that the world listens to and it can hurt ya on the streets later.

and who doesn't love the humbling moments when the challenge comes from outta left field and the chefs are panicking?

You have 5 dollars in quarters and a vending machine- make something fabulous!

the next half hour of "i am a top NY sous chef, not a soccer mom/mcgyver wannabe!" bellyaching makes my day.

after all these seasons, these chefs don't get it- if you have the culinary ABCs down, you can make a signature dish with cheetohs and a cream sauce,

5. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Im glad Stephanie one, she deserved it. I felt bad for Richard, he was shitting bricks in this last episode.

6. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stephanie definitely deserved it, though I did feel bad for Richard. Richard has always been a good guy, a straight shooter, and not overbearingly cocky like some of the other contestants. It was definitely impressive to hear him admit during judges panel that he choked.

We all still know he is a very talented chef, and I am sure after this whole experience he will be even more successful.

Mad props to Stephanie though, I'm real glad she won.

Anyone see the poll during the commercials for "who do YOU think should win Top Chef"? Lisa got 4%, my girlfriend and I laughed our asses off.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    My wife was like, " must have been the lesbians that voted for Lisa". I dont beleive how she made it that far, I would have liked Andrew to have been in the top 3

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    richard,andrew,spike and antonia got screwed.:mad 

stephanie did deserve it though:D  anyone but lisa and her burned rice:lol 

9. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can i ask a stupid question about that?

why was it such a big deal for a lesbian couple to be on the show?
    i am not homophobic- - i am rather an introvert about certain subjects. i don't think who i date matters or influences my cooking, so why should the show think that and hype the couple?
    i am beginning to see that Top Chef is like the 3 challenges at the end of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: the penitent, the one that walks the straight and narrow, and the one that honestly takes a leap of his own faith in his/her skills, will win.

look at who won season 1. no trash talking, no psycho warfare, no under the bus shit. he cooked his ass off, took the hits and earned the money.
    and ditto for the rest.

oh, don't ya love it when they have a quickfire and the guest judge appears, at least one chef says, "OMG, he is a god of my specialty and i have studied him for like forevah! i lose this, i should eat a bullet in the alley...."
    and always, always, that one chef gets dissed.
    i enjoy that too much.

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    See I didnt know that there was a couple on this season since I started watching it half way through the year. We were just laughing at Lisa becuase when they had the fan voting, she only 4% of votes and we joked that that was where she was getting them from.

11. Deefuzz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't get that either. They tended to focus on that a bit, not sure if it was something Top Chef was doing or if it was more the couple wanting to emphasize that "hey we are lesbians! Girl power!" But it wore on me pretty fast and I got to the point where I just wanted to see them go home already.

Throughout the entire time Top Chef has been on the air, Harold has always been my favorite. He was a good dude.

Yeah that is pretty funny. And I always love it when Bourdain is on the show, but unfortunately this year he was a little out of character since he was taking Tom's spot at judges table instead of being the surly guest judge.