Top Bumblebee Figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DOTM Bumblebee, Sep 16, 2016.

1. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

That's right, this is a thread for you to list your top figures of a character who's become the character fans either love or hate, mainly because of all the toys they make of him! However, with so many, there has to be a few good ones, right? So here's where you can list your favorite figures of my favorite (but probably not yours) little yellow Autobot!

I'll also leave my list here:
    1. Dark of the Moon Deluxe Class Bumblebee. It has a very movie accurate transformation, arguably even more so than the 2008 Camaro or Battle Blade Bumblebees, but it's a lot easier and less frustrating. The molded detail is excellent, and although it's a little underpainted, there's nothing a few touch-ups with grey and yellow paint won't fix. I also like how the MechTech weapon resembles his cannon when it unfolds, and how they incorporated a pretty neat, if inaccurate Stealth Force Mode. He's just a fun little figure, and one I can't put down for too long.

2. Classics/Reveal the Shield Deluxe Class Bumblebee. Another simple, but fun figure. He's compact and solid, and he's also small and squat to keep him in scale with other Classics/Universe/Generations figures. He's even got a neat little jetpack to add more value to him, which looks good in robot mode and makes a neat little trailer in car mode, so you don't feel cheated. Really fun little guy.

3. Animated Deluxe Class Bumblebee. Very cartoon accurate and cool looking. His face and body are so full of character, he's got delightful little fold-out stingers, and he's got a simple, but effective transformation. He's even got his little rocket boosters! The one con I can name is that his fake trunk sometimes gets him stuck in mid-transformation.

4. Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Bumblebee. He's got a battle mask that folds down, a cannon that flips out of his arm, and his little shuriken things can even attach to his back for movie accuracy. He's also got a more unique transformation for a Movie Bumblebee, and great looking color in robot mode.

5. Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Bumblebee. The collar is a little bothersome, but he's got a fun and dynamic transformation with an automorph feature that's not broken on me yet. He's also got both his blasters, unlike the First Edition.

Honorable mention to Battle Blade Bumblebee, who falls short on grounds of being just a little too fragile and over-complicated for my tastes. I also like the look of Masterpiece Bumblebee, Robots in Disguise (2015) Warrior Class Bumblebee, and Prime First Edition Deluxe Bumblebee, but I don't own them myself.

2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Masterpiece Bumblebee: Our beloved G1 character, now fully articulated and with a very clever transformation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    CHUG Bee - I got him when I was in the time not buying transformers
    TW Goldbug
    Prime Shadow Bee - Great season 3 of Prime look

those are all my bees

4. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    1. RID Warrior
    2. Prime RID Deluxe
    3. Prime BH Deluxe Night Shadow
    4. Prime BH Deluxe
    5. Animated Deluxe

5. StriderHiryu

StriderHiryu Well-Known Member

I could swear this has been done before but I don't mind giving my $.02.

1. RID Warrior Class - I know many don't care for this revision of the character, but I love it and the toy is great. The alt mode is one of my favorites. Looks great, well done.

2. RTS - Great homage to the G1 version. Nice update while staying true to the essence of the original. Solid toy.

3. Masterpiece - This is the G1 version that was long overdue. The only reason I rate it 3 is really the price vs what you get. It's about the same size as RTS, but more flimsy (which is expected I guess).

4. Battle Blades - I don't care much for Bayformers, but I picked this one up because I like the idea of Bee as a Camaro. I was not disappointed. There's a lot to fiddle with, but I like it in both modes (bot preferably with the mask down thank you). Size is great. My only gripe is that I can't get the wheels to fit well in alt mode. Maybe its just mine..

6. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Masterpiece Bumblebee - I have this figure listed as my "favorite figure" still (Although, I'm not 100% on that) because it's an intuitive, accessible figure with all of the detail and articulation that Masterpiece brings. Rarely can you call an MP a "fun little figure", but it fits here. That description is exactly what Bumblebee should be.

Human Alliance Bumblebee - I know Takara used a Leader-Class figure for their Movie Masterpiece line, but as far as I'm concerned, this is the "movie Masterpiece". Wonderful detail and a complex transformation akin to MP. This guy looks great with the comparatively fantastic, Leader-Class Optimus Prime and Starscream figures.

War for Cybertron Bumblebee - This guy is one of the most complex Deluxes I've handled and looks great in both modes. I think most other recent (I don't have the Classics mold) Generations-style Bumblebees haven't been anywhere near on par with this guy. I think he's sadly a bit too big, even with the "everybody's a Deluxe" WFC/FoC scale. The flip out stingers are the highlight for me.

7. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

Oh, alright.

Animated Activators Bumblebee (straight up fun and looks great, particularly the Takara version)
    Masterpiece Bumblebee (marvel at the engineering)
    Transformers United Bumblebee (it's gold but it's the perfect representation of that Classics mold which continues to be adorable)

8. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    1. Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble
    2. G1 Bumblebee (specifically the Encore reissue)
    3. TakaraTomy Animated Jet Pack Bumblebee
    4. ROTF Battle Blades Bumblebee
    5. Animated Activators Bumblebee
    6. Human Alliance Bumblebee

Those are my faves anyway :) 

All the best
    Maz

9. atomD21

atomD21 Well-Known Member

I don't have a ton of Bumblebee figures, but my favorites from my collection are:
    -MP Bee. Just an awesome and fun figure and a pretty much perfect representation of the character!
    -RTS Bee. Again, an amazingly fun little guy, and a great update to the G1.
    -RID 15 Bee. He's a good likeness to his on screen counterpart (more so after adding some paint) and is fun to mess around with.

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Masterpiece G2 Bumblebee - painted in gold, could fit into either G1 or G2 displays, comes with battle mask faceplate which again, could be G1 or G2(the original G1 toy had the battle mask).

ROTF Human Alliance Bumblebee - one of the best movie figures ever made.

HFTD Battle Blades Bumblebee - best deluxe movie Bumblebee IMO.

HFTD Battle Ops Bumblebee - I normally dislike electronic gimmicks in my Transformers figures, especially if they hinder articulation. However this figure integrated electronics quite well and is a well done figure. This is one of the rare exceptions to the norm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

Battle blade Bee is nice - I'd say he was the best if not for how hard he is to get back into vehicle mode.
    I'm actually kinda fond of the original 2008 or so Black Bumblebee Camero Deluxe that is just a nice looking toy - a nice complement to AOE 1960's Bee too I guess.

I likely Play with the RID-12 Deluxe Bumblebee and the Beast Hunters Deluxe the most though.
    I also have a soft spot for the overscale Dlx based on the Legion class - that is fun to mess with.

But my current fav is the Wei Jiang Overscale Shinebug/Goldbug - he looks amazing and he's a cheap as chips. (well under $20) I'm looking forward to the new Titans Returns one too that looks like it will be fun to play with.

12. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    -Masterpiece BB
    -Classics BB
    -Takara Animated Hydrodive BB
    -War For Cybertron BB
    -Smallest Transformers BB

13. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

This my ratings pretty much exactly. The only one I'd add is Prime Weaponizer bumblebee. Yeah, I like the weaponizer figures, sue me.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1 - Masterpiece Bumblebee ... One of the best Masterpiece figures in general.

2 - 1976 Chevy Camaro Bumblebee ... A great figure for it's time, but one that also represents a simpler and better era for movie toys.

3 - Human Alliance Bumblebee ... A favorite of many and well deserved.

4 - Animated Bumblebee ... The transformation on this toy is pure enjoyment.

5 - G1 Bumblebee ... The original, still one of the most fun as well.

15. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    1. Reveal the Shield Deluxe Bumblebee. This is a slight repaint re-release of the original Classics 1.0 deluxe mold. The mold still portrays him as that classic "kid brother" look that G1 had and the black strips on this re-release look so much better than the white on the original release.

2. Hunt for the Decepticons Battle Blade Bumblebee - THIS is my definitive movie version of Bumblebee. He has great articulation, flip down mask, two different weapon options with either built in blaster or flip out blade, he has a streamlined robot mode and car mode is there, and his transformation was not a pain in the butt.

I have had other BB figures but these two are the best ones from my collection and ones that I would be hard pressed to find better versions for in each respective series. I cannot speak for MP BB though since I don't have one. :) 

16. peddlerofwine

peddlerofwine Starscream's Robot Gun

MP Bee. And that is all you need. Hell, it even fits CHUG collections.

17. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Try it out, try it out man

While Bumblebee is absolutely my least favorite transformer of all time, I actually like the generations mold that most people seem to hate (I wish I had any of the repaints instead), and the original Classics mold was really well engineered. The first movie's deluxe bumblebee is also a great figure. Still, they're great toys of a character I hate.

18. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

I'd say the Generations Mustang looking Bumblebee is even worse than Cannon Bumblebee. There is nothing wrong with something being eccentric I'm rather fond of the barking mad Back to the Future looking Nitro Bumblebee simply as I think he looks mean in robot mode and crazy in car mode.
    That Sith looking Black DOTM Bumblebee is pretty rad too with the lightning all over him and the evil red glowing eyes.

The little Legion Class size Animated / Universe Bumblebee is really nice too.