Top-5 WORST TF toys of ALL TIME!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jul 2, 2008.

1. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

i mean come on its a fuckin no brainer, G1 just plain sucks

2. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure Animated is aimed at such a young audience, that they skipped the whole gun thing altogether. Most of their weapons are melee style. Even Megatron's gun turns into a 'sword'. Bumblebee has a 'stinger', Ratchet has an EMP pulse gun, Prowl has throwing stars, Jazz had nunchuks, Bulkhead has a ball and chain etc. No handguns or rifles.

You can kind of explain this by the fact that the Autobots in the Animated line aren't really warriors, but just maintenance robots, so they don't have real warrior weapons.

But I do agree that Optimus with an axe is silly. If he'd had some kind of sword I'd have liked it more.

3. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Sure.

I COMPLETLY disagree on this. I dont see how a kid would choose the animated Prime over the G1 at all. I may be wrong...but I wouldnt as a kid...fo sho.

Well, were kinda delveing BEYOND just the toys now, but Ive tried to watch a couple eps of Animated...for the record. Why watch something you dont like though? The Autobots are kinda usually the underdogs in many continuities dude. Its called good story telling and drama. Has nothing to do with Animated alone. Without that...the show would REALLY suck.

BUT...if they carry tools, and the cons are so much more powerfull why dont they just anhilliate them? One would think they could. Plus...dont you find that a little hard to accept? Its like bringing a knife to a gunfight. Though these comments have LITTLE to do with the toys themselve, besides the fact the Bots' come with that noise.[/QUOTE]

I think G1, or more specifically the Transformers, would do just fine without Animated. we have the movie, the Classics line, ect. there was actually only one time here in America where there were no TF's on the shelves (in between G1 and G2), and we still came back. It was the initial love for the G1 toys that inspired G2 to begin with. Not to mention the fact that Transformers in general are an "evergreen property" for Hasbro. If done right , they willl always make cash off of two toys in one.

Now I think Animated HELPS. Sure. But only a very small fraction of credit should be given it in reguards to the TF's overall populiarity.

4. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

As far as poseability and design, yes.

As far as nostalgic factor, car modes, materials and construction, no way.

5. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well thank you so much for your supreme insights and logical , well thought out arguments. That said...I disagree. That picture is gorgeous sir.

6. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

Animated is for today's kids, as G1 was for us when we were kids.

Comapring that, I prefer the Animated figures, they have more posseability, more fun, more movement, and good-looking robot modes.

7. omegafix

News Credits:
    i dunno man, i grew up on G1 had almost a complete US collection I prefer these guys over G1 any day of the week

8. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

don't forget, as silly as this may seem, these were one of the first toys on American shelves where a car turned into a robot. The emphasis was put on the more familiar toy, the car mode. So that was the priority. The robot modes were whatever they could fit into the awesome looking toy car, which looked like other die cast toy cars on the shelves. That's why none of the toys were sold with them in robot mode. They were all vehicle mode in the package because this was back when kids would buy toy cars and play with them, even though they didn't turn into a robot. :p 

If you gave a kid a toy car now I doubt he'd have any interest in it. They were other toys for other times.

9. omegafix

News Credits:
    of course its gorgeous, that Classics Prowl is beautiful now isnt it.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You'll never reach a consensus from fans on the five worst (or best) toys. Everyone's tastes and what they look for or appreciate in a toy are just too different. And threads like this just seem to serve as excuses to bash whatever corner of the franchise one dislikes.

As for my five worst choices? I dunno.... I only own 600 or so figures, so I don't have a broad enough frame of reference to choose the five worst ever. I guess I'd just say, pick the five ugliest-colored Actionmasters, and there you go.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

You'll never reach a consensus from fans on the five worst (or best) toys. Everyone's tastes and what they look for or appreciate in a toy are just too different. And threads like this just seem to serve as excuses to bash whatever corner of the franchise one dislikes.

As for my five worst choices? I dunno.... I only own 600 or so figures, so I don't have a broad enough frame of reference to choose the five worst ever. I guess I'd just say, pick the five ugliest-colored Actionmasters, and there you go.

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

They both are. But the Classics one isent made of better quality material at all. Even the paint aps of many of todays bots are vastly inferior imo.

13. omegafix

News Credits:
    are you on glue!?!?!?!? the roof on G1 Prowl was the flimsiest piece of shit. I broke mine after 3 weeks of playing with him. die cast feh, each TF had like 4 pieces that were die cast and the rest of it was plastic

14. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

It is possible to get your point accross without being insulting sir.

However I disagree. The very grades of plastics used were of a much higher quality in general than your average classics/movie/Animated figure.

15. omegafix

News Credits:
    ok but only if you stop calling me sir

16. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I mostly agree , however it was not my intention to "bash" any specific line of toys. Rather to "bash" only the specific ones on my list.

I have a certain respect for Animated, and an even greater respect for its fanbase...as they are Transfans aswell.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I can forgive a 20-year old toy for sucking, which is why I really don't even consider them for any list like this. I cannot do the same thing for any recent toy which should be better in every way.

18. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    I can't comment on your other four choices, since I don't own them, but I've got to agree with you on that one.

19. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The age is no excuse. The worst of G1 were made close to 10 years after the Diaclone (late 70's) toys were made. If G1 Prime, Prowl, Sideswipe, etc can be so fantastic, then the 1988-1989 pieces of crap are fair game for a list like this.

20. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Fair game. Sure. But do most of them (88-89 G1) belong in the "crap" category? No. I think not. :) 

Although I didnt like many of the Actionmasters...most of the Micromasters were pretty sweet.
    I used to have Countdown, and that thing was awesome to play with growing up.