Top-5 WORST TF toys of ALL TIME!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jul 2, 2008.

1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Here's my list of the top-10 most HORRIBLE TF's to ever grace the pegs, with #1 being the WORST.

1.) BM Silverbolt - There is not ONE , single redeeming thing about this piece of plastic crap. It doesnt look like the show version. Its flimsy, ugly, and its transformation is terrible. His feathery "Dagger" is the worst excuse for a weapon Hasbro has ever imagined. I am PERSONALLY makeing it my OATH to find the designer of this toys' home, kick down the door, and throw Silverbolt at him while he's eating his morning cereal. By far and AWAY...the worst TF toy of ALL TIME.

2.) Wheelie - Ahhh Wheelie. Good ole' Wheelie. Whenever I see this guy in his Alt mode it brings back memories. I remember seeing my older brother rolling him around on the bathroom floor (because our old house was carpeted in every room but that one). Since I never saw his actual robot mode when I was a kid, I actually used to think he was cool. For YEARS I thought the Wheelie toy was an awsome example of why the TF's were cool...boy was I wrong. Years ago (before Botcon, this forum, or TF forums in general came along), when I was still big into collecting G1 , I stumbled across this guy at a Flea Market. I was HORRIFIED in every way. I'll cut this short. Wheelie sux. Bad. You know why already.

3.) Animated DELUXE Optimus Prime - I know, I know. I'll be stoned for this. Oh well. Its my list , so SHUT-UP! :)  Okay now, I respect the fact many of you guys like him. I even like SOME Animated stuff. I just have myown reasons for HATEING this toy, and the mere fact it calls itself "Prime" only infuriates me further. Not being the biggest Animated fan to begin with, once I saw this guy I literally cringed where I was sitting. First off, I dont like the fact he doesnt have a mouthpiece. Its kinda a prerec for OPTIMUS Prime to have a mouth plate. But more than that, I mean, maybe I could handle the lack of a Mouthplate, but hes actually got a stupid - expression on his face. The overall design of this toy also throws me off personally. It looks like something you would pull out of a "Happy Meal" or send off "Kool-Aid" points for. Its just wacky looking to me...in BOTH modes. I dont know how else to describe it guys. Whats with his weapon? I know thats not supposed to be Primes weapon. a crappy looking Axe? That sux, and so does this toy. Just my opinion, so it belongs at #3 IMO.

4.) BM Cheetor - OMG. This guy sux. First off, I would like to say I actually LIKE the look of his "Robot" mode. However, what kills this version of the "little cat" for me is his Transformation. If your not carefull, after just a few attempts at transforming him , half the crome on his cat nose will be missing. Speaking of his "Cheetah" mode (though it HARDLY resembles a Cheetah), what is with those super skinny legs, and anorexic body? I had issues with alot of BM toys (Like Nightscream, Rattrap, and Optimus Primal), but none were quite on the same level of SUCK this guy was. I havent even mentioned the fact this toy doesnt REMOTLY resemble his show counterpart.

5.) G1 Ironhide/Rachet - Now I know there are those of you who actually like this toy, and its not even that bad once you purchase Reprolabels Upgrade kit to replace the rediculous sticker "faces". I for one however, despise this laughable mold. THIS is supposed to be IRONHIDE? The badass third in command of the Autobot forces, and ancient war veteran? Please. Ive seen taller, sturdier gobots. Hell , I actually think Brawn/Outback is TALLER in robot mode! Dont even get me started on the face. The only reason this hunk of junk is #10 is because its single redeeming quality is its alt mode, an almost perfect representation of what we used to see in the cartoon.

Feel free to make your own list(s), and discuss fellas!

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I agree on G1 Ratchet/Ironhide and wheelie, but I liked BM Cheetor.

3. twee

twee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    fyi: before you put a toy on your all-time worst ever list, it might be a GREAT idea if, y'know, you actually bought him, instead of just looking at him on display. Completely negates any and all opinions you have about TFs and just makes you look like a close-minded ignorant fool.

4. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I respect your list, but Wheelie is very underrated, he is not the worst minibot at all imo. Well almost all the BM toys are ugly, but the old diaclone mold for Ironhide/Ratchet is brilliant.

5. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Friend , I think I would look like a bigger fool to buy a toy that doesnt appeal to me. I also dont appreciate your insults. Maybe your intentions were not to be insulting, but thats how im takeing them. Please dont do it again. My opinion of a toy is just that...MY opinion. Its nothing personal.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Re #3... Voyager Prime does have a mouth plate.

Here's mine...
    Worst...
    #1- Universe Treadshot. Thought Armada Sideswipe was bad? Try it in shit-purple. That toy's a mistake if I've ever seen one.

#2- Animated Voyager Megatron. Bought it. Opened it. Transformed it. Wondered if I actually paid money for it. Boxed it up. Returned it. I was totally open-minded the whole time. Terrible figure.

#3- Animated Deluxe Megatron. Same deal as the Voyager.

#4- Animated Blackarachnia. I understand she's a slut-former, but it should be easier to keep her standing.

#5- Movie Leader Megatron. Terrible figure. 'Nuff said.

Honorable Mention: G1 as a whole. The toys suck and are definitely too expensive to buy AND enjoy.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....Dude... Animated Prime has a battle mask and it pretty much hides his expression when you "activate it".

And if you're smart you'll actualy forget it's a axe and use it in the jetpack mode, it looks kinda cool.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    QFT.

Except that you wouldn't You'd at least be given credit for giving it a shot. And when you make a thread announcing the top 5 TFs you hate, you're pretty much asking for people to come and question you.

This whole thread reaks of flamebait.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I really dont have a problem with Ironhide, Wheelie, or BM Cheetor (aside from the Supreme version), and there's far inferior toys like Actionmaster Thundercracker, Armada Smokescreen, Retrax, among others.

And to follow the crowd, Animated Voyager Prime is a fantastic figure, he does have a mouthplate, and it undermines your entire list by including toys you have no first hand experience with. Even if you dont like Animated much, you have to give credit for articulation, action features, play options, things other figures like I and a few others have mentioned lack completely.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

G1 toys suck? haha good joke, you forget the IMO.

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Armada Sideswipe.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

k.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Actually, it does seem pretty weird to take a toy you've never seen, owned, messed with or tried out and astutely judge it. It seems pretty logical that you'd need first-hand experience with a product to review it accurately. But hey - it's your opinion.

If I had to list a Prime that I've actually OWNED as bad, I'd probably go with Energon Prime.

14. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Considering this is an opinion thread, I didn't think it was necessary. I still don't think it's necessary.

15. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

They can "question" me all they want. But theres a line between that and insulting someone personally. To me, thats exactly what he was doing.

On your other note, Im not about to waste $20 on a toy I dont like. I look at , watch several reveiws, and judge for myself wether or not I want ANY toy before I buy it. I work hard for my cash, and im not about to throw it in the trash on something I dont think I will enjoy, just because YOU say I havent "given it a shot". To me, its the smart thing to do. Ive collected TFs since 87'. I think I am more than qualified to express an opinion. Wether "Twee" thinks so or not.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Personally, I don't buy toys if I think they look bad. It just doesn't make sense to me to buy something I don't think I'll like. But then again I'm a very picky buyer and only get things I'm specifically looking for and very rarely impulse buy.

But then again I also don't go making topics about the toys I hate most so feh.

17. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol @ prime, he does have mouthpiece man!

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I didn't see him insult you. He said people may see you as ignorant, he never outright called you that.

And yet after reading and watching all those reviews and pictures you missed key details in the figure's design. Hey, if you bought it you could alwatys return it.

Hell, even I'm going to get Universe Prowl, even though I don't like the looks of him, I need another Police car TF and there's really no point in completely condeming a figure until you've owned it.

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Perhaps you should pay a bit more attention to the previews and reviews before you spent a large chunk of the reason you dislike a toy on incorrect information. Infact the only animated Prime without a faceplate is the Deluxe Cybertronian one.

20. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Actually meant the other one (the 2-pack/deluxe one)...my mistake. Dont get me wrong...that one sucks too..lol...just less...IMO.

Zie: Oh well. Life goes on. :) 

Split-lip: I didnt "miss" anything. The one I was reffering to DOES NOT have a mouthpiece. My error in typeing. IMO, I dont like the toy. Now your pissed cause I havent bought it? Aww..too bad. Cause im not going to buy it.