Top 5 worst movies you've ever seen...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hiraga, Aug 22, 2011.

1. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

1. Grave of the Fireflies - I know a lot of people love this film but I absolutely hated it. There's no character development whatsoever and yet the whole movie revolves around the audience caring about the main characters. There's also only about 10% of an actual story; there's an introduction followed by a series of barely related, unfortunate events.

2. Batman and Robin - Truth be told, I'm very aware of many superhero movies worse than this...but I haven't seen them. I'm not that big of a movie person so even finding 5 movies I could consider this bad (that I've actually seen) was a little difficult. Still, I don't really need to justify thinking Batman and Robin is terrible.

3. Dragonball Evolution - I fully expected it to be as bad as it was in the first place. Honestly though, I enjoyed it...in the same way I enjoy Family Guy (moderately entertained but no real respect for it). The guy who played Yamcha has got to be the single worst actor I've ever seen.

4. Panic Room - This is another case of a movie being built up for me only for me to see it and realize it has the shallowest plot possible. For a suspense movie, it really has no build up. They get a new house, the crooks show up almost immediately and it goes (very boringly) from there.

5. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen - Well at least I'm not alone to have this on my list despite our setting. Anyway, everything that needs to be said about this movie has been said. I honestly do consider it the worst movie I've ever seen. But the key word to remember there is "I've"; I'm sure there are probably worse movies out there, I just haven't seen them.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I found the movie to be fine, but I see where you're coming from: I really couldn't sympathize with Matt Damon's character along the movie. NOT. AT. ALL..

And that was the GREATEST Flaw of the movie for me: Matt Damon's character was a selfish jerkass with a complete lack of morality, I tried to feel kind of bad for him, but he just would keep ruining everyone's lives and breaking everyone's heart for the heck of it [his girlfriend, Robin Williams, Dr.Bootstrap Bill/Stellan Skarskgard] and his own across the movie.

Across the movie, I was agreeing fully with Stellan Skarsgard's character: Will Hunting didn't deserve the gift he had, he didn't deserve nearly all the chances he got nor everyone trying to fix his own life for him [while he insists on offending them and pissing them off, no less].

The character was a full-fledged villain being seen as a hero, that's where the movie failed: They were trying to make a amoral, selfish, stupid jerkass sound like a hero instead of a villain.

The movie had a cool drama and call, but all the "redemption" thing for Matt Damon felt forced.

Now Robin Williams and Stellan Skarsgard? Those guys were awesome, and redeemable characters with flaws without being a goddamn House M.D villain [unlike Matt Damon's character].

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having trouble keeping this to a list of movies I've seen that were flat-out bad and not including movies that I thought were massively overrated, but that weren't really awful (Star Wars franchise, Star Trek, Quentin Tarantino, etc). But, in no particular order...

- Dracula 3000 - Has some redeeming quality in that it's so bad that it actually has some moments of brilliance. Terrible acting, a stupid premise, a plot that doesn't make any sense, awful special effects and it doesn't 'end', so much as it just...stops.

- Bangkok Dangerous (Nicholas Cage version) - Boring, boring, boring, boring. The trailer makes it out to be a thrilling action movie, but it's more like "navel-gazing hitman has mid-life crisis and does nothing interesting". Admittedly, I had a bit of fun with it once I started pretending the main character was named 'Bangkok Dangerous' and assigned him Chuck Norris-level powers that had no connection to the crap on-screen.

- Batman and Robin - Worst superhero film ever.

- The Prince of Tides - Overly melodramatic and stupid plot, bad acting and dialogue, a "plot twist" that can be seen coming a mile off and just generally a load of crap.

- The End of Violence - I don't remember anything about this movie other than the title and that it was the only film I ever rented, watched an hour or so, then shut it off and returned it without finishing it. I can drag myself through pretty much any movie, no matter how terrible, so this one was clearly awful. (Note - I'm not talking about A History of Violence, which is a different film that I haven't seen)

- Dishonorable mentions - The Blair Witch Project, Working Trash, Bubbles Galore, Big Daddy, Happily N'Ever After, Jason X, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Elf, pirate-related Muppet movie that I can't remember the title of

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen so many horrible movies that I'm going to narrow it down to ones I actually say in the theatres.

Batman & Robin
    Mortal Kombat: Annhilation
    Epic Movie
    Shrek 3
    The Happening

But let's face it- I've seen some made for TV movies and Asylum stuff, so I've seen worse, but the five I listed are certainly some of the worst I've paid to see.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Alien 3, because it could have been so good.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Aeon Flux
    Toolbox Murders
    Sinbad: The Battle of the Dark Knights
    Warriors of Virtue
    Manos: The Hands of Fate

Compared to the other thread, this one was very easy.

7. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I feel like each post should start with a definition and criteria of what one considers "worst" to mean.

8. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure everybody's just listing their least favorite. Just like how in the other thread everybody is listing their favorite. I mean, 'worst' just sounds better than 'least favorite', IMO.

9. IceMagnus

IceMagnus SSJIcey'95

News Credits:
    1. Hannah Montana: The Movie
    2. Rattatule (Its a pixar move)
    3. Dirty Dancing
    4. Never Back Down
    5. All Twilight Movies

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Crap your right will fix it , thanks *insert picard facepalm here*

11. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    I've never really seen any real bad movies (I don't count ROTF, U mad?),
    but there is one particular Mock Buster that I would trade everything to wipe my memory clean of...

Brace yourself for the worst, and to help ease the pain, it has a commentary:

Car's Life 1 - YouTube

Oh, and Battlefield Earth too.

12. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very tough call, but here are my 5 worst movies:

1. The King of Fighters (2010)
    2. Steel (1997)
    3. Captain America (1990)
    4. Inspector Gadget (1999)
    5. Very Bad Things (1998)

13. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rarely keep track of the shittiest movies that I make it through, but UKM - Ultimate Killing Machine & Backwoods come to mind right away for obvious reasons, the latter of which I only watched because one of my local hobby shop owners talked to us for like minutes about how shitty it was.

14. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am a pretty easily entertained person so I might not be able to come up with 5.

1. First Twilight movie
    2. Dragonball Evolution
    3. Paranormal Activity
    4. The Happening

thats all i can think of atm

15. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

16. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

1. The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
    2. Dragonball Evolution
    3. Jaws: The Revenge
    4. Piranha 3D
    5. ANY movie created by the Asylum.

17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Any five random films on the Horror Channel (a UK satellite channel, usually filled with low budget unoriginal horror movies).

18. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

it said; "seen"

why would of he of kept seeing them, if he hated the first? :lol 

anyways; Birdemic.

enough said.

only way that film is actually watchable is with rifftrax!

though they sure do "rip" that film a new one. :lol 

"hanging out! hanging out! with my family! having ourselves a party! uncle Phill's looking to score!!"

"scoring with who?"

"the sisters are doing their make up! and the brothers are looking to hook up!"

"What the hell is going on in this family!?"

:lol 

19. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    ^You don't have to see those in order to know they're bad.

20. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Didn't realize there was so much hate for RotF... not my favourite of the trilogy, but far from one of the worst movies I've ever seen...

In no particular order:

Steel
    Mortal Kombat Annhiliation
    Super Mario Bros (but I still love it's terrible-ness)
    Batman and Robin
    Street Fighter

Hmmmm... bad Video game movies and comic book movies? Yup.