Top 5 Worst Movies of 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Archforce, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Archforce

Archforce Loading...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    Why isn't this just called "the 5 worst movies of 2017"?

3. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    Oh PhantomStrider, PhantomStrider....

You had every right to put TLK on the list but I think his comparison with Bay and Sandler is poor analogy.

Bay has Pain & Gain and 13 Hours and whatever Sandler has been doing in terms of live-action pales. It's like as if Strider only knows about the TF movies and nothing else.

Also why I do care about this thread again?

4. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

& this guy has power over me because?...

5. Galvatross

Galvatross I'm a dankster! Veteran

You know, The Last Knight is far from my favorite of the Transformers films, but I would seriously love to see more of these online critics take actually daring and original ideas and defend them with evidence. These lists that put whatever the "cool-to-hate" big budget action films in their least favorite/worst movies get old frankly.

There was this unpopular opinion series by some guy, and this guy was defending movies much, much worse than anything Bay has ever put out while also saying, "But the Transformers films are still awful." These critics are so unoriginal and boring it's ridiculous.

• Like Like x 2
  6. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    You do know that this guy put AOE as his worst live action cartoon movie right? :D 

7. Galvatross

Galvatross I'm a dankster! Veteran

If that's his opinion, that's his freedom, but the problem with this guy is that he gives no reasons as to what makes the fourth film worse than the other movies in that video, especially given his criticisms are exactly the same for TLK. If the fourth movie simply represents his dislike the Transformers films as a whole, then that is fair enough, but there is zero indication of that from his video.

And it had ZERO redeeming qualities? Not one good visual, sound effect, etc.? I call bullshit on ANYONE that says their least favorite big budget action film has zero redeeming qualities. Even my least favorite action films still have multiple good things in them buried under the lame and mediocre.

Plus, I don't trust anyone who is overly dramatic as far as cinema-going experiences go when we live in a world where there is real-world violence and addictions and other stuff that goes on.

8. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

Oh boy it's his opinion Why should we care it' there problem

9. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

Transformers are always on the worst movie of the year's list since rotf.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've seen The Last Knight fall in different spots on the worst of lists. There were some truly horrible movies this year and big budget films that failed to deliver so it's hard to say which stinker had a little more stink on it than the others.

What should be disturbing for Paramount is all the lists where The Last Knight isn't mentioned. It's not being skipped because of some hidden quality but more of a growing indifference to Transformers. No buzz for at least being on the bad list. No buzz for being on the good list. 23rd place at the domestic box is the sort of place that gets you ignored because you aren't at the top but you didn't fail enough to get many stories on the movie. Outside of places like this where Transformers fans gather it's hard to find places where Transformers is even on the radar any more.

This indifference to the franchise seems to be impacting The Bumblebee movie since it's missing on so many anticipated movies of 2018 lists. There might be a real danger that we end up like the Star Trek Next Generation films where the general public moves on. Without a drastic turn around we might be seeing the end of the current live action series of films, not going out with a bang but slowly fading away.

11. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Time to Chika you in!

Can't take this seriously if it doesn't have Spiderman.