Top 5 things you love about TF:A.

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SPLIT LIP, Apr 13, 2008.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I haven't really seen any threads for this. I couldn't search because my computer is really slow but I doubt the terms I used would've brought up much anyway.

Aaaaanywaaaay... this thread is all about the top 5 (five) positives (real positives, not them wise-butt comments people are so fond of ;) ) that you think rank highest to you about the show and if you feel so inclined you could also give a brief or however long description explain your reasons why. You can list mor ethan five, but number them in order so we know which are the top five.:) 

Mine are:

1. Optimus Prime. Hands down my favourite character. Great voice, great look, great attitude and for once, he isn't all knowing and all powerful, so when he achieves it's a real self-esteem builder. He's also got the coolest gadgets.

2. Prime's rocket axe. Why list it as a separate favourite? Because it is, as Kicback would say, total sex. If sex were a weapon that's what it would be.

3. The characters. And I don't mean the characters used, but the characters and the personalities. It feels like I'm watching Beast Wars. Each character has a different and consistant way of interacting with otehr characterts. It's great. I even like the chins. (Remember robots, chin-size does matter!:lol )

4. The Style. Yup, I love the cartoony-comicbook style of Animated. It's nice to have a TF Cartoon that's a real cartoon instead of just a re-dub of an anime. The movements are awesome and the expressions are.. expressive! This carries over flawlessly into the toys. They're surprisingly accurate despite how their real live transformations are tweaked for the show models.

5. The sounds. Each character gets their own little variation in the noises of the movements they make and the way they talk. From Ratchet's creaking and squeaking to Jazz's musical, rythmic metallic tones over his voice. Adds a much more natural feel to the robots.

So yeah, feel free to post your praise! And don't feel bad if you retread on something someone already said, it's all good either way.:D 

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1- The voices
    2- LUGNUT
    3-The rest of my favorite characters
    4-The toys and the way most weapons ain't just kibble that you can lose in vehicle mode.
    5-The way they made me like characters that I never cared about before (Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee etc.)

3. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    5. Lockdown's theme music
    4. Crotchety old Ratchet
    3. FORSOOTH!
    2. Megatron the Badass
    1. Tatsy Squid Burgers (Home is where the Spark is)

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

1. English Dialog that makes sense, is funny and has very clever 'cybertron' versions of English phrases

2. American Season Arcs opposed to serial Japanese 'sagas'. I like the season opener, loose affiliation of stories building to a grand end-of-season plot that shifts the focus. Done-In-One stories. Multi-episode specials are fun, but 19-episode arcs that have to have a re-cap flashback episode halfway through for people to remember what is going on is one of the biggest flaws of Anime IMHO.

3. No internal Dialog. I think Internal dialog is lazy animation and storytelling. I Would much rather have Bumblebee flailing comically than him having a face close up where we hear his thoughts "I am screwed oh I am overpowered".

4. New Characters that stand on their own and are not straight ports of previous characters. All of the Autobots are brand new concepts that while are loosely based on a previous incarnation are very much unique. Bulkhead and Lugnut are brand friggin new. It remined me of Demolishor and Cyclonus, I loved them because they were *NEW*.

5. Sari. She is be most real and genuine portrayal of a TF kid we have had pretty much ever. Even more than Spike. Something about her is real and endearing. I can actually see her trying to run her Dad's company. She is not a helpless leech or a pointless macguffin as we are beginning to see she is more intertwined with Transformers than being a lucky kid who got a magic toy. I think she is a gem.

Edit: Brawlastator your sig is hilarious

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    1. The great setup (finished war, optimus rejected from the elite guard, the allspark)
    2. Decepticons totally badass
    3. The nice mix of some movieverse and g1 elements
    4. The autobots being heroes instead of soldiers (no guns or rifles, just great skills)
    5. Tie between voice acting (Kaye and Tara Stron are the best) and the toys looking like toys, not like tiny giant robots.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I guess my #1 would be real time transformations. They only seem to do the flashy stuff for each character one time, then treat it like a normal thing just like G1 and Beast Wars. No more wasted time, no more rehashed footage.

The rest are what you'd figure - real dialogue, terrific voice acting, wonderful characters, and yes, the animation style.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Good call. I don't think we'll be getting any pointless episodes where they float in space doing nothing this time. That was torture.

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

WHAT I LIKES:
    5.No "Super Modes"...yet..
    4.Soundwave's creation.
    3.Blitzwing's multiple personalities.Especially the Ahnold one.
    2. Starscream..
    1.Megatron..kicking autobot ass .also glad to see him transforming into something more useful than a gun...

9. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Not in any real order

1. Optimus Prime-Really like seeing the growth of Prime becoming a great leader and starting out as a washout/nobody. EDIT. Oh and for once not needing a supermode. Finally.
    2. The overall cast-One of my favorite cast of characters since Beast Wars
    3. Writing-Like Nkelsh said. It's good to see the more American style of writing. I really couldn't handle another series like Cybertron.
    4. Voice Acting-really top notch stuff from everyone. No one sounds bored or phoned in.
    5. Sari-best human character. Don't find her annoying at all. I think she's a pretty believable little kid.

10. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

1. The 'cons being an actual threat.
    2. Small core cast of characters- Energon and Cybertron, as well as season 2 of G1 had too many characters to keep track of.
    3. Interesting way of introducing new characters. They're actually made, here, unlike in the previous series where they always were reinforcements from Cybertron/whatever planet, often without any explaination at all
    4. Personal histories for the characters. We know of Prime, Ratchet, Sentinel, Lockdown and Black Arachnia's pasts, and we're set to learn more about BB and Bulkhead, each has a past that's not always tied to a protracted war and drives home that a lot of them are new to the whole crimefighting/being evil scene
    5. The toys. I never thought plastic could capture an animated aesthetic so well, but they pull it off.

11. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

1. Optimus Prime.

2. The whole dynamic of the show, new style, new way of doing the whole concept of this generation/series and history.

3. Magnus outranking Prime, that was a surprising twist in itself.

4. The toys are perfect. I havent found anything really disappointing about ones I dont like/care to buy even
    5. Megatron is pretty awesome period.

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    1. The theme song
    2. The voice acting abilities of all the voice actors
    3. The style of animation and how it finally feels like a cartoon instead of a Transformers cartoon trying to look bad ass and failing horribly.
    4. The writing. Marty Isenburg has redeemed whatever it was that he did to piss off people with his partaking in Beast Machines.
    5. The fact that I know Eric Siebenaler (Hasbro designer) put blood, sweat, and sauce in to helping make this cartoon story-driven, character-driven, and one of the best Transformers series ever. Kudos my friend, you succeeded.

13. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

1.) The whole plot, loose central plot with various episodes for diffrent characters, it just has a G1 feel where you don't have to contantly build off of the last episode directly.

2.) Voice acting, very good voice acting and they fit the characters though Megs is taking some getting used to.

3.)Sari, the first human that 90 percent of us can agree is not annoying.

4.) Megatron, seriously this is freaking AWESOME they gave him an altmode radicly diffrent from his G1 style yet managed to do a great hommage to G1 Megatron with it in Robot mode....oh yeah and he has teh cannon. (Seriously why did Takara and the japanesee series never seem to get the fact that Megatron needs a huge cannon on either his hand or arm?)

5.) It will apeal to the kids and us older fans. Think of it this way, the kids get a cool show with heroic yet funny robots and an evil force they defeat. We get a great hommage fest to G1 with great character personailty, design and over all greatness.

14. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1- The writing. Self contained stories with joining plots and threads are what's making this show shine.

2- Character Development. Every bot and person has a story. Some we've seen and others that have been hinted at that are coming. That and how each character interacts in both a fun and intelligent way.

3- Sari. Never have we had such an interesting and fun human sidekick than Sari Sumdac. The fact that there is more to her background than has been shown is icing on the cake. She appears to be a little girl and she acts like a little girl and she has the coolest friends on the planet.

4- Easter Eggs. All the little things added to the show both big and small from characters to sound effects, each show seems to have something added from a past show for the fans. Be it Pretenders, the sound of Megatron's cannon, or a Beast Wars Megatron Pinata, there is something for all TF fans to be found in the background. In fact, spotting them for the first time is almost as much fun as watching the show itself.

5- The Toys. What the show is all about. I don't think we've ever had a TF show where the bots in the show look so much like the toys. (or vice-versa) Major kudos should go to both sides, Hasbro and Cartoon Network for all the hard work they put into this series. It shows and is applauded.

15. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1 Megatron.
    2 Ultra Magnus and his hammer.
    3 Sentinel Prime = Dick.
    4 Prime has to answer to somebody else.
    5 Dinobots: They seem much more uncooperative and hostile than i remember them being in G1.

16. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    No particular order

1. The story is so good/fun that 30 mins feels like 5
    2. How the toys look so much like the show
    3. The great balance of homage and uniqueness of the design and characters
    4. How they've come up with a good combination of everything we like.. for example, martial arts weapons + transforming robots.. how can you go wrong??
    5. How I've been able to like every single TF bot shown on the show

extra: I love how the voice of Patrick Star from spongebob is Bulkhead. That just fits for me.

17. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

1. The writing - not just the most workable arcs and character development for a TF show, but on a par with that rare upper echelon of kids' shows (that I can remember from my childhood) and a handful today, including jokes that make me laugh out loud.

2. The toys.

3. Sentinel Prime / abuse of the Dinobots / corporate take-overs - lots of subjects and bad-good characters that wouldn't turn up in G1 or Fairly Odd Parents. Quite a leap of faith for the production.

4. Optimus Prime has flaws.

5. The lickle G1 nods. That's like having my tummy tickled.

18. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. This. ^

2. Blitwing 2/3 of the time. I like his German accent, his calm side, and his crazy side, just not his Ahnuld side. That is a joke that has been way overused, long before Animated.

3. Dinobots. They remind me of their early G1 days, before they became bumbling comic relief.

4. Soundwave. Because he's Soundwave.

5. No 5 minute long transformations or bots shouting out their weapons name every time they fire it.

19. SeishinKibou

SeishinKibou Well-Known Member

I don't know if I can number them in any order but I will name 5 points. [most of which have been pointed out ^^;]

1. A main thing everyone is saying, that being the unique character developments. I love Prime being imperfect, Bulks being artistic, BB annoying Prowl, Blitz and Lugnuts interactions with themselves/other Decepticons. The list goes on~

2. I love Sari~ With her having a back story just makes me enjoy her character even more~

3. Voices = PERFECT! Although I am a bit upset that McNeil couldn't reprise the role of a certain character. =(

4. New characters that actually get introduced rather then spontaneously appearing and acting like they were always there...

5. I'm pretty sure that the animation is traditionally animated, which I think is fantastic! Since traditional is dieing to the Flash style now. Long live traditional~!

20. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    1. Ultra Magnus being the autobot supreme commander. It took two decades but he finally did it.(curse you Hot Rod!)

2. The show stars transforming robots, this normally insures that I will like a show.

3. Sound effects, I love all the small things you can hear when the Transformers move/talk/think.

4.The Elite Guard, probably my favorite sub-group of recent times.

5. Ultra Magnus again.