TOP-5 Most difficult transformations of ALL TIME!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jul 23, 2008.

1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

NOTE: Now...by now, a few of you guys are probly saying : "This Ihsan guy is pretty full of himself. He always starts threads with his name in them." Let me tell you why I do that. Many of my threads are based off of personal opinion. By adding my name to the title, one KNOWS for sure that it is only my opinion. Just thought I would clear that up.

Ever had a Transformer that you just HATED transforming because the damn thing was SO hard to get transformed properly? Well..this Bud's for you then guys. Now i dont own the MP Starscream, but ive heard some stories there...so share them!

NOTE: The below statements reflect the Original Posters opinions only , and are not intended to offend, insult, or belittle anyone or anything..besides certain toys. My apologies if you are offended in anyway...that was not my intention.

ON TO THE SHOW!

#5. BW TM 2 Tigatron - Now I know there are those of you who have no problems with this guy...and I really dont either. However I sure did when I first bought him. Im the kinda guy who NEVER looks at the instructions of a toy. I just take it out and slowly , gently, and gracefully move each part until I get it right. This guy through me for a loop when attempting to get him back into his ALT. mode after Transforming him to robot. I know, I know, you dont think he belongs here...well...I do. :) 

#4. MP/20th Annv. Prime - This is ONE of the coolest Transformers ever made, this is true, but he is by far , also one of the hardest bastards to get transformed. You need to be Mr. Olympia to get his damn legs pushed in properly, and I hate applying that much pressure to a toy. If you feel like your going to brake something while Transforming a T F ...something is wrong. These reasons are why he is the 4th hardest T F to transform.

#3. Alt./Binaltech Wheeljack - Hes a pain in the ass. Bottom line. I dont think anymore needs to be said here.

#2. Alt. "Battle" Ravage - Talk about a pain. This thing made me want throw it at the wall. At least until I realized the secret to getting this AWESOME looking toy transformed was all in how you position the legs/knees. The reason he is #3 on my list is because it took me a month to finally realize that. Now either im an idiot (which is a possibility I admit), or this is a hellacious mother to transform.

#1. MP Megatron - Too many little slideing parts and pins. Too big a hassle, and risk. Ive heard horrer stories about how some folks actually broke theirs attempting to transform theirs. Ive transformed mine twice (to gun, and then back to robot). I wont do it again.

Lets see Ya'lls lists!!!!

2. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Only have 2:

1.) Cybertron Crosswise/Smokescreen: My god. The world's first origami-former. But atleast it's a great figure.

2.) Movie Ironhide: The first few times is a bitch to get his arms lined up, get the pegs into the hole inside the cab, keeping the roof from collapsing in. But again, the figure is still really good.

3. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

RID Ultra Magnus. I dread transforming him so much I just left it as Omega Prime for 3 years.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Not really any order

Leader Brawl- everything has to be outta the way and be right in place for tank mode

Masterpiece Starscream- like Brawl and kinda time consuming

Armada Unicron- not exactly hard but the size makes it difficult to get everything right

RiD Galvatron- because I can't tell what the modes supposed to look like

Movie Leader Megatron- the legs, but now that I took off the wings it's a lot easier

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My MP Prime's legs slide in and out with no difficulty. Are you pressing the gas tanks in to release them?

For me I'd put WST Megatron at the very top of the list. He duplicates the complexity of the G1 original, only on a scale so incredibly small that it's almost impossible for my fat fingers to transform. And that's why I love it.

6. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

I've never had to apply such strenght here...I only move out those barrel thingies in his legs, and they just fall for themselves.

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of what I own/have played with:
    5.MP Prime
    4.Movie Ironhide
    3.Energon Mirage
    2.Movie Leader Brawl
    1.Armada Unicron

8. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Armada Unicron
    MP Megatron
    Beast Wars Transmetal 2 Megatron (Dragon)

9. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    I agree about Masterpiece Megatron.

10. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

I would hate to argue, but MP-optimus is pretty easy. I think cybertron soundwave should replace him on the list...in my opinion, also movie ironhide is easy too, so yea. Also if you look at the instructions and take the time MP-megatron can also be easy..but again this is my opinion and it is not ment to start a fight or offend anyone.
    OHHH and also the Optimus prime alternator is really hard

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Getting most of the Alternators back into alt mode properly was always a git. As was trying to get some of the Beast Wars figures back into animal mode.

12. jtuarus

jtuarus Prowls circutsu master TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    seriously MP megs is a pain and a half. also not sure if ur just going for mainstream tfs but the darth vader death star was a pain to many panels needing to align just right. build king serious pain in my ass and also i seconed RID magnus. and last but not least magmatron god he was stupid hard and i was never ever really sure that i got him together right so my list in order is

5.buildking
    4.death star vader
    3. magmatron
    2.RID magnus.
    1. MP megatron

and a mention to other toy lines SOC combiners are always crazy hard dancouga,gunbuster etc. they look kewl as hell but you pay for that in more ways then 1.

13. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this counts but I was bored yesterday so I finally transformed my Robot Masters Lio Convoy, and it was such a pain because the beast mode looks so odd/crappy. Great toy though, just horrible alt mode. If only the original ones weren't so expensive I'd pick one up maybe just for the alt mode.

I also had trouble with MP Starscream since I haven't transformed it for a while (only twice since I bought it). It was really fun and fiddly! :lol 

TM2 Megatron is also sorta hard for me, and he's a little fragile on the wings too which makes it worse since I cracked the wing slightly the one time I transformed it. Now I use instructions for fragile-looking toys. :( 

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Those Beast Wars combiners were kinda frustrating to assemble into one.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

In no particular order.

Movie Leader Megatron. OK, he's in order. He's just a pain in the butt to get his legs transformed correctly into alt mode. Difficult and unpleasant.

Movie Leader Prime is a little difficult, too, but he, however, is NOT a pain in the butt or unpleasant.

BT Tracks. I can't speak for the Alt. version, since I don't have it, but his legs are tough to get into place. I can do it, but it takes some effort.

I found Alt. Grimlock to be difficult, also. His arms were a pain for me (I know some people managed to figure out a trick to them, but I never did get it), and the panel that formed the bottom of the car kept falling off since the piece it attaches to that rotates around the waist was so damn tight.

Movie Leader Brawl is difficult to get into tank mode, because of all the pieces that need to be aligned just right.

There were others that were difficult at first, but have since become much easier, among them being RiD Sideburn and X-Brawn and Movie Ironhide. I have RiD Megatron, but I got him in a huge lot and haven't had time to mess with him too much.

I can't say I really understand how RiD Magnus is hard to transform... The ratchets in his knees and thighs are REALLY tight, but that's about the only hard thing I can personally think of... What part(s) of the transformation is so hard? I'm actually rather curious.

16. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP Megatron hands down.

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

With MP Prime you have to be pressing down on only 1 side of the barrel, pressing the whole thing down won't work

18. Crimson Primus

Crimson Primus Deceptinut

I think you can just stop at MP Megs....:lol 

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I don't own the mold, but I'm waiting for someone to mention Big Convoy/ Nemesis Prime.

20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    funny, I don't find MP Megs to be a difficult transformation at all. It makes a lot of sense coming from the G1 figure, in a similar way that MP Prime relates to G1 Prime.

The Alt Mustang mould though... geeez, I know how he should work, but I always seem to have transform the arms wrong first, before I remember.