Top 5 encore sets you would like to see made

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Grandum, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Monstructor
    Dinoking
    Liokaiser
    Deathsaurus
    Artfire

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I was looking on TFwiki and they had art of what a G2 Swoop could be. I was not impressed...LOL It was loading extremely slow for me though so I didn't look at Sludge to see if there was any G2 art for him.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Considering there is no Hasbro reissue line to coexist or "compete" with Takara's for Transformers' fans money, and considering what something like Encore Bruticus goes for now despite its several previous incarnations AND some criticism of it at the time of its release due the molds not being quite as sharp as they used to yet no competing Hasbro release, I say why not reissue Artfire or other Japanese-only characters? At least this time around Takara won't have to worry about a cheaper American release being around at the same time as their own product.

Look at Collection Kup & Wheelie. Two molds that never saw a Hasbro release of any kind, with Kup getting remolding so he can hold both his normal rifle and Targetmaster, and no previous or subsequent reissue of either (outside of eHobby redecos as different characters) and that release is still rather easy to find and hardly very expensive when you do find it. Lat time I checked, Kup isn't a Japanese-only character like Stepper and is one of the more popular '86 movie cast members.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The difference is that Stepper was a weird kind of extra figure. He wasn't featured in any TF cartoon. That's a totally different situation than targeting all the Japanese fans who grew up watching a Japanese-only character like Star Saber or Deathsaurus in Victory or something.

5. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wheeljack
    Springer

That's pretty much the only G1 figures I still want, so I'd love to have them minty fresh.

6. Lachoneus

Lachoneus Dinobot

News Credits:
    You keep teasing with small hints like this. When can we expect actual releases?! I want some confirmation!

7. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

Encore Classics. Just saying.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Autobot headmasters, Ultra Magnus, Hot Rod, Cyclonus and for them to somehow reissue Whirl.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I am totally ignorant when it comes to any Japanese Transformers... :eek:  I never knew anything about him.

10. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

I just realised.

We will NEVER get Encore Monstructor.

Why?

Because Outside the Trick they pulled with Soundblaster and Twincast's Tapes Encore is reissues of Takara Transformer releases.

There is No Monstructor in the Takara G1 line there is a Dinoking

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I still don't know anything about Stepper. Or care. To me, he's just an ugly Jazz repaint. But I might have felt differently about him if he'd been in a cartoon and done anything interesting.

For example, if Kup had never been in the movie or tv show, I probably would have taken one look at the G1 toy and thought, "What the shit is this supposed to be?" But he is one of my favorite Sunbow characters, so I own and like the toy.

12. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    1.Dinobots
    2.Wheeljack
    3.Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime 2-pack
    4.Sunstreaker/Sideswipe 2-pack
    5.Mirage/Cliffjumper 2-pack

13. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Shockwave.

14. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx never saw a Japanese release in G1, IIRC, so it's not just reissues of Takara TF releases.

Not that I'd complain about Dinoking, granted. Even if eHobby didn't do a Monstructor from it, it would just be nice to have a reissue of the mold.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    A) The Kup mold is crap and Wheelie, well.
    B) They never were that expensiv in the first place as originals.
    C) Never were that populer either as toys, atleast not as far as vintage collectors, how populer they were in the 80s I cant tell.

I do however feel that a character like Overlord or Star Saber have a higher chance of selling as they are cartoon characters. But the bigger bots so far have not been selling all that great, atleast not on the american market, see clearence of Skylynx, Metro and Omega i.e.

My point is just that ppl never realize that just because the toy is rare and cost a arm and a leg it dosent mean it is a gold mine for TT to reissue, just as I mentioned with the Stepper incident.

I.e. a Shockwave would imo sell more then a star saber if they were reissued, because Shockwave is more well known then Star saber and more recognisable.

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

My bad :p 

But I agree, we need release dates or announcements. Takara gave us the hint long ago (the thread wad closed way too prematurely) it is time for dates cuz I need me those figures and some minty dinobots.

17. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

THIS!!!

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme were never released during the original G1 run in Japan so their "reissues" were technically first-time Japanese releases.

Honestly I don't think whether a toy was released previously in Japan has much relevance to Takara's approach to reissues considering they've yet to reissue many Japanese-only characters and molds anyways so they hardly seem biased toward Japanese-only versions. Though hardly the same line, in United they've passed on releasing Black Shadow and Dauros/Skullgrin (so far, anyways) in favor of the Thunderwing and Straxus versions of the molds which Japanese fans have no connection or exposure to previously outside of importing the original Thunderwing toy.

If the mold's available and ready to go, I think Monstructor and the like are at least a possibility; it's just a matter of whether Takara's willing to do it.

Yes I agree the larger reissues have had trouble selling (Sky Lynx most notoriously) amongst the US retailers but I do think that had as much to do with their price and fans not realizing how much the larger releases would cost. Even with the various requests in this thread I see a lot of desire for reissues of the remaining larger releases and combiners but I'm curious how much of that demand will remain when they see the pricetag some of those would command when first released.

Smaller releases on the other hand, like say Artfire, Minerva, the Japanese dino cassettes or even Dinoking (small for a combiner) could spark some interest simply because we've never seen it reissued before and there would likely be no competing, cheaper US release that US fans could turn to as an alternative. I think those types of releases are easier to hope Takara takes a risk on releasing and see if they could it could be a surprise seller rather than the larger releases people constantly pine for with pricetags that will (probably) scare people off until they begin getting clearanced out at online retailers.

As for Shockwave, I do think that would sell better than Star Saber, not just because he's more well-known but the surprise factor a reissue would bring (due to the licensing issue regarding the mold) and I would imagine he'd be cheaper than a Star Saber reissue anyways (not as massive as Star Saber is, right?).

19. alanyap

alanyap Will work for LEGO

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    wow... coming right out of my brain.... 1 to 3 that is. Triple changers FTW!

20. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

technobots
    terrorcons
    fort/brave/grand max
    overlord(thu i have 2) i want a new one in box
    all head/power/targetmasters