Top 5 Boss Fights

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jetcols, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    "Oh, you used the other slot..." I love how he even says that when you put the controller in the second slot to avoid the mind control!

As for top fights...hmmm...that's a good question.

1.RE2:Tyrant(on fire and you blow him up with RLauncher, "game over!")
    2.FF7: Sephiroth fight
    3.LOZ:Twilight Princess Ganon fight/Ganondorf fight
    4.LOZ:OOT Ganondorf
    5.Resident Evil GC:Tyrant

Honorable mentions:
    Ghostbusters: Stay Puft fight!
    FF7: Ruby and Emerald weapon fights(I still have yet to finish, I have watched a friend do so)
    Shadows of the Empire N64: IG88(that scared the hell outta me!), Robot from second to last level, and Boba Fett.
    Star Wars Force Unleashed: Vader

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

he would also comment if you had savefiles form other konami games on your memory card, when i first played the game he said something about Track and field and my mind was blown :lol 

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

No love for R-Type? The giant spaceship that takes up the entire third stage is made of awesome.

4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i recently played through sunset riders (arcade), the boss fights in that game are epic.

5. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    1) Final Fantasy VII: Sephiroth - how can this not be in everyone's top? It is one of the craziest final battles ever.
    2) Final Fantasy VI: Kefka - though looking back, I'm pretty sure the final area in FFVI was a bigger challenge, and that the FFVII team just ripped off FFVI's final boss
    3) Lufia & the Fortress of Doom 1: Sinistrals - You do it with only 3 people instead of 4. Yeouch.
    4) Super Mario World: Bowser - hehe!
    5) Final Fantasy IV: The Evil/Demon Wall - I hate that fucking boss.

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very memorable music, and super nova looks awesome, but the reason he doesn't top my list is just 'cause he's way too easy. Which is a shame because you would want Sephiroth to be this almighty boss. I don't know if its that he is too easy or FF7 in general lets you reach god-hood to easily, but I've never felt the sweat with him like most other FF ending battles BESIDES FFX.

7. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

This is why I chose the Sephiroth battle from Kingdom Hearts in the Hercules Colosseum. You don't get to fight him with some ridiculously over powered team. It's just Sora vs Seph and he was a bitch on Hard!

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1) Cress/Arche (Tales of Eternia) - as a fan of Tales of Phantasia, the first game in Namco's increasingly popular Tales series, it was a blast to go up against this cameo-riffic optional boss battle in Eternia, the first game in the series to really kick the combat into high gear. Very challenging and twitchy, and nostalgia fueled.

2) Ultima Weapon (Final Fantasy VIII) - probably the only boss in a turn-based RPG to actually make me feel panicked and twitchy. He has such a fast ATB that it takes quite a bit of fast-thinking and quicker reactions to take him down, and more than a bit of luck (unless you're a pussy and have the ATB set to "Wait"). That is, if you're not cheating and spamming Holy Wars. Haven't tried to go up against Omega Weapon yet, though.

3) Maxwell (Tales of Eternia) - really showcases the ingenuity and versatility of the boss design in Tales of Eternia. Virtually invulnerable to physical attack, the whole battle is an exercise of fast-paced keep-away, while you support team deals the actual damage.

4) Omega (Megaman Zero 3) - rather unassuming, starting off as a repeat of the intro-stage boss. Of course, it's not until the third form, when he pulls the mother of all plot reveals and shows his true form, that things get interesting. He uses a very familiar moveset to its highest limits, and really keeps you moving. Just an amazing sequence.

5) Celsius (Tales of Eternia) - just impressive on a base level, the way she weaves in and out of her moves so flawlessly and gracefully, especially since, for the most part, they're moves you've already seen before from your own party members, just used to their utmost potential in a sobering way (dammit, Farah, you could learn a trick or two from this gal).

As you can see, most of my list is dominated by bosses from Tales of Eternia. Really, that game is just loaded with awesome bosses. Virtually every boss has its own style and personality to it, keeping you on your toes every time. It really showcased the potential of Tales' trademark Linear Motion Battle system in the best of ways possible. The balance and control in that game were flawless. Everything felt like a new challenge, and none of them ever felt cheap or broken. Gameplay-wise, one of the best RPGs ever.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, actually that's a pretty intense battle that kicked that crap out of me before I finally beat it.

10. Dark Decepticon

Dark Decepticon The Darkside Soul

Liquid Snake - MGS
    Gray Fox - MGS
    Shao Kahn - MK2
    Mike Tyson - MTPO
    Genshin - NG2

11. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Get Cloud to level 99 and fight Sephiroth. MUCH DIFFERENT BATTLE.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    M. Bison - Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Gill - Street Fighter III
    Mike Tyson - Mike Tyson's Punch Out
    Seth - Street Fighter 4
    Dr. Wily - Any Mega Man game (Especially 9)

13. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

So hard to just pick 5.

In no particular order.
    Ganondorf From Zelda: Windwaker - It's an honest, straight forward sword fight between Ganondorf who's finally just completely snapped, lost everything he ever had and ever desired and has nothing left but revenge. The fact that it ends with him dying via sword through the face, Hyrule being destroyed and the world starting anew really makes it a visceral experience.

Sigma from any given Megaman X game - This is one of those ongoing rivalries. The guy just won't stay dead. He's been a rebelious reploid, an evil mastarmind, a manipulative sociopath, and a brain damaged psycho among other incarnations, but you can always count on the classic small and fast Sigma then the gigantic one. X7's Colossal Sigma really took it to the next level.

Bowser from Super Mario Galaxy - Fighting between planets, and hurling Bowser into the Sun and destroying the universe. I don't think it can get any more epic than that.

Tabuu from Smash Brothers Brawl - I have to agree, this was one gigantic and epic battle, and everything leading up to it me it feel so climactic. If you think about it Tabuu represents reality asserting its self and taking a stranglehold on imagination.

Magus from Chrono Trigger - Forget Lavos, forget the Dream Devourer. This is the game's most awesome point. An epic throwdown against Magus which no matter what characters you bring, you can't completely dominate (well unless you're playing new game +). The awesome music is what truly makes it a battle to remember.