Top-5 BEST TF Toys of ALL TIME!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jul 20, 2008.

1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well. Here we are. I thought of createing this thread for quite some time. Havent really had the energy until now however. Well...here we go...

NOTE: The below statements are soley based upon my opinion, are were by no means created in order to offend anyone here. I apologize in advance if this becomes the case.

#5 - RiD Megatron/Gigatron - There are MANY , many things about this toy that Ive always loved. Prehaps its the many valid, and ingenious transformations one can create useing him (besides giveing everyone the finger with his Hand mode). Maybe its the wonderfull color-scheme. Prehaps its the accessories, afterall, with a staff like that, whats not to appreciate? I think, however, its the overall look, articulation, and coolness of this toy im infatuated with. this is , by FAR , IMO, the 5th BEST TF toy of all time. Reasonably so.

#4 - "Classics 2.0" Universe Prowl - Think of a Transformer. Now throw in the Articulation of todays toys. Now take the very spirit that made the Generation One characters awesome. Now throw in detail. At that point you may have a notion of the Classics Universe Prowl. While directly out of the package, his paint apps are not the greatest, this is one awe-inspiring toy that certainly deserves a place on my list.

#3 - BW TM 2 Megatron/Cryotek - Words cannot begin to describe the feelings that rushed over me when I FINALLY got this guy out of his package. While being a PERFECT version of his BW's self, Megs' still finds the time to be one of the coolest Transformers ever produced in any series. With snapping jaws, flapping wings, beautifful chrome, and excellent articulation..this guy should be on ANYONE'S list.

#2 - G1 Scorponok - Scorponok managed, imo, to do two things where others failed. He took the best parts of both Fortress Maximus, and Trypticon, and made it his own. While children of the 80's were enthralled with Trypticon, one thing the old chap could never do is turn into a robot. Many argue he didnt because he was a "Dinosaur", and that served as his "robot" form. Well..guess what? Scorpy managed to turn into a slithering beastie, yet still transformed into a robot aswell. Its true he wasnt as large as Fort Max, but he did compensate by being the largest G1 Decepticon released on American shores. That alone makes him cool. He was also a Headmaster. A VALID Triplechanger (unlike Fort Max , with his pathetic "Battlestation" mode). Fort Max also had no Primitive form, and was UBER-blocky in comparisen. A great color-scheme, and those awesome pinchers, sealed the deal for me when it came to placeing Scorponok #2 on my list.

#1 - G2 Laser Prime/RiD Scourge - The BEST Transformer ever made. By far. Superior articulation for its day, awesome accessories, excellent color schemes, great Alt. modes, light-up features, excellent sculpts, and Iconic characters. Nuff' said.

Lets hear ya'lls lists!

2. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What? no MP-1 Convoy/OP on this list at all? that's blasphemous :confused: 

(As for the current no.1 on yr list G2 Laser OP/Scourge, i think that's fair enough b'coz he was the first fully articulated OP. but still MP-1 Convoy/OP should've been included in that list)

3. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

While I do indeed think hes a great toy (and one that I do own BTW), for some he would be VERY pricey to aquire. And while the samwe can be said for Scorponok, it couldnt be said back when he was released. Well..actually I think there two respective prices WERE about the same at retail, but imo, you just got more for your money with Scorpy. Now that you mention it however, if I could add a Number 6...MP Prime would be it.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the consideration, dude. :) 

5. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

No problem man. Anyone else wanna post a list?

6. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    My personal favourites out of the ones I own are;

5. BW TM 2 Megatron - For reasons similar to the original poster.

4. Henkei Megatron - A fantastic update of G1 Megs. I love the colours and the chrome doesn't look out of place at all IMO. I think his gun wings add to the overall appearance of the figure too.

3. Cybertron Leader Optimus Prime - Best Prime ever....with big guns.

2. G1 Soundwave - For such a simple transformation he's alot of fun. Add cassettes into the mix for even more fun. Plus he's one of my favourite characters

1. G2 Megatron - Wins hands down for me just because of the fun factor. I could play around with him for hours and not get bored. I really hope theres a decent deluxe/voyager update of him somewhere down the line. Still the legends version is going to be awesome!

I'm hoping animated Leader megs will be able to work his way in there somewhere once I get a hold of him :D 

7. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Wow. Thanks for posting your list dude. I really want the Classics Megs (or Henkei) myself. I hope hes as cool as everyone says.

8. Taker

Taker Chilean TF Fan

My top five, but from the toys I have.

5.- Movie Leader Prime. Nice gimmicks, automorphs and great transformation. He doesn't look identical to the movie CGI, but I still love this figure.

4.- Alt Mirage. I love both modes, the transformation and ther posseability of this figure.

3.- Animated Voyager Prime. Nice update from the G1 toy, his transformation is almost the same, nice automorph and face plate gimmick. The only gad thing about this figure is his giant axe.

2.- Universe Sunstreaker. Great modes, nice transormation, a great automorph feature, he looks so G1ish...great toy.

1.- MP PRime. Amazing figure, a niely detailed transformation scheme, a robot mode just perfect, very reminiscent of Cartoon G1 Prime, with lots of entertaining things.

9. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    No prob. And definatly go for the Henkei Megs, you won't be sorry!

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of what I own my list would have to be:
    5. Armada Unicron: fans have been waiting since 1986 for the Chaos Bringer to have some sort of toy incarnation, and here he is. A nice homage to the original design but differnt enough to establish that he's not G1.

4.Animated Soundwave: Soundwave's always been known for having a tape deck alt mode, making it hard to come up with a new one that fits. However I believe Hasbro's nailed this one on the head, while still keeping him close to his G1 roots with Laserbeak.

3.Classics Starscream: A character nearly as iconic as Prime himself while having nearly unlimited repaints.

2.MP Optimus Prime: Who can resist a fully articulated and Giant G1 Prime? Along with his Energon Axe, Matrix & Alt. Mode Megatron, I highly reccomend this.

1.Classics Prime: Possibly my favorite Transformer mold of all, the most iconic Transformer in history with high play value at an easily affordable price point with great articulation and several repaint capabilaties. Also being compatible with the upcoming Fansproject City Commander Set & Matrix, this toy has many possibilities.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    5-G1 Swindle: I have no idea why I like that dude, I just do, and alot.

4-Movie Starscream Voyager: Can you say I LOOK FREAKING IMPOSING?

3- Animated Lugnut: While short, he's really a great toy with two convicing modes and great poseability.

2- Masterpiece Skywarp: He's show accurate, fun to transform, articulated and looks better than his two brothers, is there anything NOT to like about this guy?

1-BWII Starscream/BB duo: Not just the mold is already extremely impressing and fun for a G2 toy the BWII colors just add to the awesomeness of this toy.

12. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

10. G-1 Soundwave/Buzzsaw
    9. Movie Concept Bumbebee
    8. Animated Voyager Optimus Prime
    7. Animated Leader Bulkhead
    6. G-1 Grimlock
    5. G-1 Optimus Prime
    4. BT Smokescrean
    3. MP Starscream (Hasbro version)
    2. MP Megatron
    1. MP Convoy /Optimus Prime 20th/Movie 20th/Ultra Magnus/Perfect edition

Number 1 none/pre Transformer: Diaclone Blue Fairlady Z

13. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:

Nobody seems to get that the classics two-pack released last year had generation 2 updates for Prime and Megatron. They were both deluxe and as far as I know Megs got released again seperately on his own.

14. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Out of the ones I own, here are some pretty great ones (not in a particular order):

MP-05 Megatron: greatest transformation scheme yet, for any Transformer.

Movie Leader Prime: Wonderfully detailed and big, with a fun transformation. Best of the "big" Prime toys.

Universe Sunstreaker - best of the Classics/Universe deluxe Autobots. Just a great figure - good dimensions, heft, and transformation scheme. Also nice in that he takes some cues from the Alternators line. He will be bested by Sideswipe, however.

Movie 2009 Concept Bumblebee - the most movie-accurate deluxe and best combination of automorphing gimmick, posability, and detail. Nice weapon, too.

Classics Jetfire - does a great job of hybridizing the different toy and show designs of the character. His accessories are great, too.

15. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    this one will require a little thought... hmmm...... perhaps I'll put pix from my flickr site in my list. Be a little different from everyone else. :) 

#5: tied between MP Megatron and MP Prime. Both are just such amazing toys and neither is as much fun by itself. Max fun is reached with the pair.
    [​IMG]

#4: the Classics seeker mold. Such brilliance. Such sheer brilliance.
    [​IMG]

#3: the Alternator Subarus. Finding Smokescreen in a Target one afternoon got me back into Transformers after about 15 years without them in my life. Maybe the RX-8 is the perfect version of the mold, but the WRX car club holds a special place in my heart.
    [​IMG]

#2: G1 Prime. I got him for Christmas in 84. I remember it vividly. He was my constant childhood companion. When I got the Encore this year, I had very misty eyes while opening him. He holds THE center place of honor on my Prime shelf.
    [​IMG]

#1: REVOLTECH Prime. Yeah. A non-transforming Transformer is my favorite one. He's my favorite toy to play with and photograph. It's my list and I call Revoltech Prime my #1!
    [​IMG]

16. Takara_destron

Ebay:
    I DID remember, but I also dislike the figure and hence said "decent" update :) 

17. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    5 predaking, when combined was very articulated for a g1 fig
    4 victory saber, so many different transformations
    3 animated voyager prime
    2 animated leader megs
    1 mps, all three molds

18. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was hard to pick 5, so I threw in my runner ups :) 

Honarable mentions:
    Armada Unicron, Alt Smokescreen, Classics Optimus Prime, RID Rail Racer and G1 Computron

Now the countdown:
    5) God Ginrai - Is he a brick? Yeah, but he's such a great improvement over Powermaster Prime. The diecast cab and God Bomber make this bot great.
    4) Beast Wars Rampage- The best triple changer the Beast Wars brought us IMO. Large, imposing and actual rubber treads. My favorite toy from Beast Wars.
    3) RID Omega Prime - Prime and Magnus are great on their own, but once you put them together you get the best "Super Mode" Prime ever. No Prime since has been able to pull off this combination this flawlessly.
    2) MP Megatron - The ultimate incarnation of G1 Megatron. Gimmicks like the scope light and the extra accessories make this guy a must.
    1) MP Optimus Prime - ditto what I said about Megatron

19. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Nice pics guys. I agree with all of you, MOST of the toys you guys mentioned are indeed really cool.

20. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This pic really cracked me up :lol  .

On a serious note it's good that others too like MP-1 Convoy/OP. (correct me if i'm wrong) thats why recently in the Toyfare magazine, the US release was named as "Best Toy Ever".