Top 5 acquisitions in 2007

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Polenicus, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    This thread might be considered spam, but I've had a REALLY good year, and it isn't over yet, so I wanna crow a little.

What are your top 5 finds this year? They don't have to be valuable or rare, just your 5 favourites. The ones you can't stop fiddling with, or who have taken a place of honor on your shelves. Oh, and WHY.

1. Music Label Soundwave: I'm a sucker for character updates. Take a G1 character, and preserve the essence of the character while updating their look and poseability (It's why I love Classics). Soundwave, or all the G1's, probably needed this treatment the least, as he was a surprisingly advanced toy for his time. Titanium Soundwave... just didn't cut it. Then this little guy came along. Expensive, yes, but undeniably Soundwave. Poseable, and fits nicely with the Classics. Plus he actually WORKS as an MP3 player. There's just too much win here to deny.

2. Titanium G1 Ultra Magnus: Another G1 character update. As with Rodimus before him, this is an update I've been long awaiting. An Ultra Magnus who is NOT a Prime recolour. Like Rodimus, they seem to have put some extra effort into him (Or at least mine) to ensure the quality is good. He has some flaws, but to take a character who was originally a partforming brick and pull off a poseable, well proportioned (Well, except for the shoulder thing) representation with a completely new transformation that results in a decent representation of his alt mode... that's just damn cool.

3. Concept Camaro Bumblebee: Do I have to explain this one at all? He's the closest thing to a 'perfect' movie figure they are likely ever going to make, and he's RIDICULOUSLY detailed and intricate for a deluxe.

4. Titanium The Fallen: I usually don't like Titaniums much, so it's a bit of a shock to have two of them in this list, and a third (Rodimus) ranking among my faves. But this guy is just COOL. He's straight out of a Dreamwave art book, and he's full of details. The paint and texture is like that of black boilerplate, which is perfect for an ancient Transformer with an internal furnace going.

5. Movie Ironhide: I actually think he looks better in toy form than he does in the movie. Less munky, more trukk, I guess. Huge arm cannons and lots of 'tude.

2. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    1. Movie Voyager Optimus Prime - I couldnt afford the Leader Class. This guy was in a 2-pack with concept BB. I was pleasently surprised, and ended up liking him more than BB. Very articulated, cool weapons, and lots of detail. Hologram Driver gimmick is a neat bonus too.

2. Movie Deluxe Brawl - Kickass Vehicle mode, Bulky robot mode, lots of weapons. Lots of posability, great transformation. Shame about the arms. Eagerly awaiting the Leader class version.

3. Movie Voyager Blackout - Neat vehicle, even if it does have some stability issues. Original Transformation. Very cool Bot mode, very articulated. The rotor gimmick is pretty cool, and the ability to combine with deluxe Scorpy is pretty fun. Only downside being the chest automorph and aforementioned stability issues.

4. Classics Deluxe Ramjet - The Coneheads were always awesome. The classics update is no letdown. Transformation is the same as Screamer + Skywarp, but the significant remold gives him the edge. Only downside is that it was Ramjet not Dirge for general release, but thats just my opinion. Unfortunately, mine doesnt quite fit together completely in vehicle mode, there are always gaps.

5. Movie Deluxe Concept BB - Sleek car mode, very detailed robot mode. Can pull of loads of great poses. Transformation is fun and tricky, and the automorph features are pretty clever.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    1. Masterpiece Megatron
    2. Botcon Alpha Trion
    3. Botcon Thrust
    4. Botcon Dirge
    5. Concept Bumblebee

That wasn't easy, actually. Lots of great toys out this year!

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

1-Dlx CC Bumblebee:duh
    2-Leader Prime:best movie fig other than CCBB IMO
    3-Revoltech Eva-01:never seen so much fun in a 6in fig
    4-OP Cullen helmet:fun, and for YouTube so my face won't be shown
    5-Leader Megatron:had to put him here somewhere

5. Showster

Showster Well-Known Member

1) 20th anniversary prime hasbro version - never had a really decent g1 prime before

2) Masterpiece starscream - just wish it was g1 colours

3) G1 Bruticus - not complete but its still great

4) G1 Jetfire - found my old one and box woo!

5) G1 Omega Supreme - finally found one after so long!

6. [soundwave]

[soundwave] Communications

News Credits:
    #1 MIB Victory Leo
    #2 Leader Prime
    #3 Cullen Helmet
    #4 Camaro Concept BB
    #5 All 4 Encore if I may :p 

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    #1: G1 Fortress Maximus - This bad boy sits proudly on my desk as I type this. Came with Spike, Cog and his gun, all the hard parts, nothing broken, just yellowed and the large rifle missing. Total cost? ZERO! How can anything top that?

#2: Alternator Rodimus - I'm a Hot Rod fan, always was. I love Alt Mirage's mold, aside from the fact it's a Ford GT, my favorite car. Alternators is also my favorite line. When Takara released it with white stripes, I begged Hasbro to release it with proper flames. San Diego ComicCon, they delivered my perfect figure.

#3: G1 Scorponok - Bought this one from Blackstar on this board. As a kid I had a friend who had G1 Scorponok, but he was meticulous about it to the last detail, parts in their own baggie, only took it out on rare occasion, but would he let me play with what I thought was his coolest figure? Nooooo, he'd show me what it did then put it away. 17 years later I own one of my own and it was worth waiting.

#4: BW 10th BlackArachnia - I never bought a BlackArachnia toy despite being one of my favorite characters because they never got her color right. (Never even found her TM2 figure when I had the money for it.) My girlfriend got me this one for my birthday, one of her favorites as well. Black and gold beauty, was that really so hard that it took 11 years?

#5: G1 Computon - I've had Afterburner and Scattershot since I was a kid, two of the few that survived my childhood, their guns didn't however. When I got the haul that included Fort Max, it included Nosecone, Strafe, and Lightspeed, all 100% complete, and most of the parts for Afterburner and Scattershot as well. Luckiest thing I think that ever happened to me. Also made some friends on the board bartering for the missing pieces, which is cool too. I now have a finished Computron, my favorite combiner of all.

Been a G1 heavy year for me and within a day or two I'm expecting even more courtesy of Blackstar's sale. While I love the newer figures that have come out this year, the list above has too many memories and sentimental values attached to them to not make my top 5.

8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

1. Botcon Thundercracker

2. MP Megatron, even though its made of plastic and is a huge pain in the ass to transform, its still awesome

3. Botcon Dirge

4. Botcon Thrust

5. Botcon Waspinator(I just bought him last nite but assuming I dont get stiffed, I should have him sometime in the next week or two)

9. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

#1 RID Scourge and G2 Laser Prime I love this mold.
    #2 Voyager Movie Prime, hes extremely well done as a voyager.
    #3 Concept Bumblebee, he is well put together but I find he suffers from the leg/ball joint problems i see on many movie toys.
    #4 My Revoltech line - Best articulated and designed figures currently out there IMO.
    #5 Masterpiece Dragon kizer, King Exkizer.

10. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

its been a good year for me, although i cant say the same for my wallet, lol! anyways, still few months left in '07, but here's mine:

1. 20th anniversary prime

2. cybertron primus (had to get it at 50% off)

3. encore prime

4. movie leader prime

5. g1 devastator

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I think the only Transformers I've bought this year so far has been movie figures. But I'll list them out.

1-Leader Prime-one of the coolest primes
    2-Leader Megs(so happy with him after I painted him)
    3-DLX Jazz-just really like him a lot for some reason
    4-DLX 77 Bumblebee-despite the busted gimmick on mine, he's pretty cool despite needing a bit of paint to make him look even better.
    5-DLX Brawl-had a fun time repainting him.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Lets see here....

1. RID Ruination (my personal grail)
    2. Classics Jetfire
    3. Classics Rodimus
    4. Classics Skywarp
    5. Movie Voyager Ratchet

I've bought more than that this year, but, that would be my top 5 so far. Hopefully the Cybertron Vector Prime that I bought off a fellow board member gets here soon. My list might change once I get him, lol.

13. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    1-MP Megatron - finally a proper counterpart to 20th Prime

2-G1 Abominus that I scored off ebay for $30

3-G1 Headmasters - paid a pretty penny for the 7 of them but cool figures none the less

4-Music Label Soundwave - how cool is it that SW can play music and what an awesome update of the character

5-Cyb. Primus & Armada Unicron... if they ever arrive... looking at you Pointblank!!!

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    1. Encore Convoy - G1 Optimus is the one figure that I've wanted pretty much since I first started watching Transformers back in '84. As a kid I made do with Ultra Magnus' cab, but when the latest reissue was announced I knew it was time to finally get this minor grail.

2. Movie Leader Optimus - Best Optimus Prime toy ever? Quite possibly.

3. 08/09/Concept Bumblebee - One of the best movie toys, and easily the hardest to find.

4. Classics Magnus and Skywarp two-pack - Skywarp is easily the best Decepticon released for the Classics line, and I have sentimental attachment to Magnus' unarmored mode (see the #1 above).

5. Movie Ironhide - Just an all around great toy.

15. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

1. MP Megs
    2. MP Custom Thundercracker
    3. New Years Convoy
    4. Optimus Prime Cookie Jar
    5. Hard Hero Optimus Prime Statue

16. Izzo01

Izzo01 Well-Known Member

1. 20th Prime ( grey gun ) - this is the prime I always imagined as a kid. Everytime I walk by him I have to stare for a min.

2. Masterpiece Megatron - come on you cant have one with out the other and together they're probably the best transformers combo out there.

3. E-hobby Megaplex Megatron - I ever had a g1 megs. ( my mom hated us playing with guns growing up ) so I really wanted to pick this piece up.

4. Revoltech Prime and Megs - just like above you can't go wrong with OP and Megatron. The revoltech's articulation is cut above making for some serious poseabilty.

5. Beast Wars 2 Gigastorm - I have alway been a fan of the scamble city bases though I never got a chance at a trypticon and while it's not g1 its still a great toy to me.

6. 08 Concept BB
    7. g1 redeco Jazz
    8. US masterpiece starscream

lol I had 8 sorry

17. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    #1 - By far, Mp-04 with Trailer. WOW!

#2 - Movie Leader Prime, of course!

#3 - All my alt collection

#4 - My G2 Laser Prime, RID Scourge, and (should be on his way!) E-hobby G2 Ultra Magnus

#5 - tie between concept camaro BB and my G1 Gestalts

18. neek_buster

neek_buster The One Man Army

News Credits:
    For me its been a G1 year :D  here are my top 5 this year

1. Masterpiece Megatron

2. G1 Devastator

3. G1 Bruticus

4. G1 Computron

5. G1 Defensor

19. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

1. Botcon Thundercracker (really the whole Botcon boxed set, as well as the exclusives.... but TC is top banana in the bunch)
    2. MP3 Soundwave
    3. Movie Ratchet (not rare or anything, I just love the figure)
    4. E-Hobby Minibot repaint set
    5. G1 Metroplex (I know he's not the rarest or most expensive figure, but I always wanted one as a kid..... and getting a complete one in good condition was a real joy.)

Note: Ratchet, much as I love him, will likely be booted off the top-five list when MP Skywarp hits.

20. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    1. KO / Repro Mirage - 25+ picture review coming tomorrow (w. comparison shots to the original too). The box is unreal and the toy is beyond words. The figure is even enhanced with black chroming and painted on, previously decal only, detailing. If there were EVER an Encore Mirage, this would be it.

2. Masterpiece Megatron - I cannot believe that this figure was even made, yet resides on my shelf.

3. Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime + Galaxy Force Sonic Bomber (loose) - The dark plastic found on the Prime repaint matches the color of Sonic Bomber perfectly. It looks like these 2 were meant to be stuck together. The chrome on Sonic Bomber and the paint detailing is way way way way better than the Cybertron version. This might be my favorite figure to display.

4. Cybertron Galvatron (loose) - An awesome repaint. The silver on black looks daunting. He's absolutely jaw dropping on a shelf.

5. Classics Soundwave - More sentimental than anything. The girlfriend purchased this for me back in March. The figure was nowhere to be found and it was a fantastic bday gift.