Top 10 Greatest/Coolest Decepticons of G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by unicron's blues, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Emperor Bruticus IV

Emperor Bruticus IV Destron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    In no particular order

Soundwave/Sounblaster - Uber COOL!
    Abominus - He was always soo Angry and his roar meant DANGER!
    Astrotrain - His voice was the shit, and he could go anywhere.
    Megatron - Just badass!
    Razorclaw - IMO one of the best lookin Decep Robots (nightmare planet)
    Cyclonus - Sleek Sexy badass Mofoooo
    Skywarp - Best colour scheme for the seekers
    DeadEnd - So cynical
    Shockwave - The man with the plan
    Headstong/Tantrum - Ignorant and powerful (nice colour palet)

2. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lets see....

1-5. Predacons: For one they formed Predaking the only combiner not known to have any weekness. Was also the largest of all the combiner toys and was very under-used in the comic and cartoon.

6. Megatron: do i really need to say anything else.

7. Skywarp: I always felt like he should've been the leader of the seeker jets. Starscream was always blinded by his own goals (which usually lead no where ) and the color scheme just screamed bad-ass

8. Bludgeon: In the comic his character was even more evil then Megatron, Galvatron, and Scorponok combined. And not only that he did what no of them could....well until Prime returned.

9. Thunderwing: In the G1 marvel comic he was the baddest of the bad. Not only did he take the Matrix but he slapped Prime in the face and proceded to stomp a mude hole in the Autobots backside and walk it dry. Also even after they blew him half way across the the galaxy he came back and almost whooped them again.

10. Sunstorm: I was very impressed with the history between him and Shockwave and was also impressed in the story he was involved in. But you can't tell me that he's dead. He's got so much potential in the Transformers universe that if used right he could take over control of the Decepticons.

Very close calls: Shockwave, Soundwave, Starscream, Cyclonus, Sixshot

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    My top ten favorite Decepticons are

10 Octane (mainly because I loved his personality)
    9 Laserbeak (badass flying death bird!)
    8 Ravage (He kicked Prime's as at least twice. What's Megatron's excuse;) )
    7 Rumble (Always loved the thug attitude)
    6 Menasor (NO idea why, I just like the Stunticons!)
    5 Shockwave (Similar in reasoning to Soundwave, but I liked his portrayal in the comics much better than the pansy he was in the cartoon)
    4 Soundwave (No explanation needed. He's pretty much the most unique Decepticon ever)
    3 Skywarp (Mainly for the color scheme and the teleporting ability which was WAY underused IMO)
    2 Starscream (It's probably just the way he was force fed to us in the cartoon, but he was always my favorite seeker jet)
    1 Megatron (He had a giant friggin' cannon on his arm. 'Nuff said.)

It was hard to choose though. Thundercracker, Astrotrain, Blitzwing and Bruticus, and the Insecticons are definitely runners-up.

4. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Onslaught - loved his tech specs and I thought he was a cool leader on a powerful military combiner team

Ratbat - he was awesome in the Marvel comics

Shockwave - also a badass in the comics

Soundwave - I loved the loyalty of the character and the loyalty of all his cassettes (except Ratbat) and the fact that they all hung out in his chest

Flywheels - I love the toy (despite it's obvious problems) and the potential that Duocon characters had

Thrust - he was always my favorite seeker toy because of the wings, even though he never got much development in the comics and cartoons

Scorponok - I like the Headmaster concept and Scorponok was leadear

Rumble - who is red, was alway a funny character

Battle Squad - vehicle combiners and a cool military theme

Devastator - first combiner, plus I always like construction vehicles as a kid

5. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

No partic. order:
    1. Kickback
    2. Bombshell
    3. Shrapnel
    4. Ransack
    5. Barrage
    6. Chop Shop
    7. Venom
    8. Shothole
    9. Salvo
    10. Zaptrap

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think I'm seeing a theme here but I cant quite put my finger on it... :lol 

7. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, here's mine:

1. Soundwave
    2. Predaking
    3. Rumble (Cartoon)
    4. Shockwave
    5. Skywarp
    6. Devastator
    7. Starscream
    8. Cyclonus
    9. Megatron
    10. Scorponok

8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    In no particuler order

* Soundwave : cool voice, sneaky, loyal , cool design and guardian of the decepticon tapes.

* Bruticus : My favorit ever , big ,strong, not the smartest of the bunch but there is just something about this gestalt that makes my skin shivre.

* Shockwave : I belive Megatron said it the best in one ep to Starscream: Shockwave is the ideal soldier. NUFF said

* Megatron : Big gun , awesome alt mode, ruthless, just everything u want in a evil leader.

* Starscream : Seeker leader and second in command , sometimes u hate screamer so much but u will still love him in the end causae he is just Screamer.

* Blitzwing : Just as Shockwave I see Blitzwing as an ideal soldier , if all decepticons hade his honor, waririor abileties the decepticons would been ten times harder to break. He is the only one that Prime dont hit or shoot down in the movie to.

And to all Springer fans..Sorry there is NO way Springer would ever beaten Blitzwing.

* Cyclonus : hes just overall loyal, with a cool alt mode and does everythign for his leader a great second in command. He is very hard to break also in combat.

* Apeface : This mean THING just walks straight into battle no mather how much fire,rockets etc etc thats comming down , he is for me the strongest of the animal headmaster bots and both his jet and gorilla mode are just amazing.

* Rumble : Rumble is small but hes more then a handfull to break for any autobot, plus he has a wicked attiude aswell :) 

* Menasor : if the others dident hate MM so much then Menasor would be unbeatable , I would even go out on a limb here to say he would beat PRedaking himself.

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    My favorites are:

10. Snapdragon -- cool concept, and neat looking toy.
    9. Sinnertwin -- character was cool and I liked the looks and color scheme of the toy.
    8. Overkill -- no character development, but there's just something about a cassette that can turn into a Tyrannosaur...
    7. Hun-Grrr -- loved his character and color scheme, plus dragon mode was simply AWESOME.
    6. Skywarp -- loved his character, and great color scheme.
    5. Astrotrain -- He's a space choo-choo! How cool is that!?
    4. Galvatron -- Cold, mericiless, NUTS and just looks cool. Glad they came out with anime-colored version, as it was my only knock against the toy.
    3. Cyclonus -- Nearly emotionless; stoic, sleek and awesome looking.
    2. Weirdwolf -- Smart, but obviously has a few screws loose. Kinda like me. :D  Love the toy, too.
    1. Scorponok -- Purely AWESOME toy, huge, great color scheme, great character, both comic and cartoon.

10. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Cartoon Only, top 5 coolest:

5. Ravage - kicked annoying human ass
    4. Laserbeak - the ultimate spy
    3. Shrapnel - electricity is cool... cool
    2. Megatron - brilliant my boron compressor
    1. Soundwave - purely for the voice.

11. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

1. Soundwave superior! All others inferior!
    2. Predaking - The greatest combiner ever apparently led to a secret arms agreement between the factions never to build another one like him.
    3. Devastator - The original combiner.
    4. Cyclonus - Always loved his design, and a refreshing change of pace from whiney, wimpy Starscream.
    5. Insecticons (all of them) - Autobots... Decepticons... F-ck all y'all!
    6. Galvatron - Evil leaders are always better when they are flat out insane.
    7. Blitzwing - Air support and artillery, all-in-one... Brilliant!
    8. Sunstorm - Even though he was just an animation error, the idea of a Seeker so powerful and so insane that the Decepticons would rather not take him out in public... G1 should have explored that.
    9. Shockwave - The general!
    10. Starscream - Yeah, I made fun of him earlier, but the argument can be made that he was the best developed character among the Decepticons.

Honorable mention goes to Lazerbeak because the Decepticons would have been completely lost without him.

Megatron does not make my list? Blasphemy? Nah, just don't think an effective bad guy leader would have acted so strategically rather than carry out a war of attrition. Plus there's that whole allowing treacherous Starscream to continue living thing... What was Galvatron's first act as commander of the Decepticon forces? Assassinate Starscream!

12. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

1)Dezsaurus (Transformers Victory): He killed God Jinrai and gave Star Saber a serious beating with that huge laser cannon of his. Definitely the most competent Decepticon leader EVER. At least when you compare him to Megatron/Galvatron. He has their power, with Shockwave's smarts

2)Overlord (Transformers Masterforce): Just a big powerhouse, he beat Super Jinrai with ease while everyone else had problems laying a scratch on him. Best beating ever as he used a flying elbow drop for the final blow :ev: 

13. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My top 10

Starscream
    Rumble
    Soundwave
    Ramjet
    Shockwave
    Hook
    Shrappnel
    Scorponok
    Abominus
    Astrotrain

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Did that happen in the Dreamwave comics? I can't remember. And if so where do Computron, Abominus, and Piranacon fit in since in cartoon continuity they were all created *after* Prediking? Did the Cons break the contract by building two more combiners or are we to assume that in Dreamwave continuity Prediking was build after the other three? I'm confusing myself now. Oh, and I agree that Prediking is a very cool character.

15. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, it happened in the DW continuity. As far as Abominous and Piranacon... neither of them are as capable or powerful as Predaking.

And Computron is a walking data processor so he doesn't break that agreement either.

Interestingly enough... the DW bios in their MTMTE profile books made it out to be that Predaking was more of an accident than anything intentional. Also, Monstructor is actually stated to be the most powerful Combiner ever created... almost made out to be demonic in his bio... So, one could assume that combiners as powerful as Predaking and Monstructor were never made again because they never really understood how they became so powerful to begin with. Not to mention that the Autobots never really seemed to go for the combiner thing as much as the Decepticons so they probably wouldn't focus on created some overpowered monster...

But that's just my two cents...

16. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Thanks!

So is someone going to make a thread on the coolest Autobots or Maximals now?

17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

10. Astrotrain

9. Rumble

8. Shockwave

7. Soundwave

6. Thundercracker

5. Cyclonus

4. Ratbat

3. Starscream

2. Constucticons

1. Megatron

18. Jess

Jess Active Member

1. Starscream
    2. Megatron
    3. Soundwave
    4. Ravage
    5. Rumble
    6. Thundercracker
    7. Astrotrain
    8. Devastator
    9. Blitzwing
    10. Shockwave

19. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Trend? Why, whatever do you mean? :D 

20. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Gosh.. so many cool Decepticons that I don't know if I can name just 10 but here goes:

1. Shockwave: I've thought about Galvatron, Megatron, and even Starscream but Shockwave is the best leader due to his super intellect and meticulous planning. Other leaders may be stronger but none can match his wit. I wish I can get all the marvel comics with Shockwave in it.

2. Predaking: He's the best looking combiner toy ever. And I'll quote LigerPrime because I can't word it any better:

4. Sixshot: I love that he's independent and kicks major ass in the cartoon. Killing Magnus and defeating Superion by himself are only tip of the iceberg for him. I truly believe he's the best Decepticon at combat. Sixshot is the one man army and I hope Classics will redo his toy with many more articulations than G1.

5. Soundwave: Love his loyalty, his cassette army, his monotone robotic voice, his toy. Heck I love everything about him and I am sure I am not the only one.

6. Starscream: I am no huge fan of SS but without him Decepticons will be much more boring that it is now. He's the ultimate wildcard he can follow Megatron's orders yet he'll throw a wretch into the whole thing and concoct his plan to take over the 'Cons. I've managed to buy one of every SS toys from each line along with his Seekers and love them all.

7. Galvatron: He's insane but arguably the most powerful Decepticon ever. And thanks to his anime repaint reissue I finally got him.

8. Megatron: He's powerful, and egoistic, and stubborn, and stupid (for tolerating his enemies like Starscream and Shockwave) yet he'll always be the leader of the 'Cons because there is no equal.

9. Blitzwing: My favorite toy as a kid and I have the MISB of Blitzy in G1, Tak reissue, and eHobby. I am praying everyday that he'll be in Classics because I want it so bad. And he's decision to turn against Megatron in Season 3 was absolute unexpected and made me that much more of a fan. Superb tactician, aggressive fighter, and not afraid to do the right thing make Blitzwing the great 'Con that he is.

10. Overlord: He's name rules, he toy rocks, and since I own this badass of a TF I have to put him in here.