Top 10 Favorite Beast Wars or Beast Machines episodes and why

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Oct 27, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I always see G1 and Animated, but never Beast Wars/Machines.
    Anyway, what are your favorite Beast Wars/Machines episodes and why. You can use Multiple part episodes as one Episode if you wish, or if there is one part that is specifically your favorite then you can add that.

Here's my list (Beast Machines are italicized)

1."The Agenda" & "Optimal Situation"(All parts)- Let's face it the multi-parter will be on everybody's list, because it's so well written and almost flawless.
    2. "Code of Hero"- Do I need to say how great this episode is?
    3. "Master Blaster"- Really sets up Beast Wars Megatron as a Magnificent Bastard
    4. "Sparkwar" (All parts)- This three-parter displays how every story piece of the puzzle finally being put in place
    5. "Victory"- This episode was the first which had many of pthe series plos namely Dinobot's place in life, Megatron being manipulative,and the Maximals want ting to go home all in 20 minutes.
    6. "Other Voices, Part 2"- My favorite Vok-centric episode shows how threatening the alien species were and shows and explosive conclusion
    7. "Techno-Organic War"(All parts)- This part was just jaw dropping with such a great cliffhanger showing how desperate two arch rivals would go.
    8."Call of the Wild"- An underrated episode that shows why it's called Beast Wars
    9. "Other Visits"(Both parts)- A very action packed episode with twists and turns. Well, most of the Vok epsisodes were mostly like that,but this one had the most.
    10."Chain of Command"- Shows how the Maximals can't function properly with their leader gone

Honorable mentions:

"Nemesis (Part 2)"
    "Bad Spark"
    "Revelations, Part 3: Apocalypse"
    "Other Victories"
    "Spider's Game"

2. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll do a top 5 for each series

Beast Wars
    5.Transmutate (its just weird and freaky)
    4. Fallen Comrades (after this episode I was hooked)
    3. Call of the Wild (The Maximals attack at the
    2. The Agenda (all about Ravage and the g1 stuff)
    1. Code Of Hero (Dinobot takes on everyone)

BM
    5. The Reformatting (what? Who? Huh? What the hell is going on??)
    4. Sparkwar (Obsidian and Strika=awesome)
    3. Prometheus Unbound (I loved Savage Noble)
    2. Revelations (starting to unravel what happened was intense)
    1. The Catalyst (pre-TFW for me, nothing was spoiled. Thrust and Jetstorms identities threw me for a loop)

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I liked BWs, especially the Shuttle episodes, but I think BM is just one big continuity error.

4. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i've been re-watching season 1 of BW and it's really amazing how much characterization they can squeeze out of 23 min episodes. There are many gems in this series.

Victory immediately comes to mind (primal falling at the end was heartbreaking), as does Spider's game, and call of the wild. Also, Tigertron was superbly written-- not quite a pacifist, not quite fully transformer, but all badass and philosophical.

edit: i'm putting chain of command on that list too

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Please no bashing on either series.

6. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    A bit too lazy to list them all, but I will say most of my votes go to some of the better episodes of seasons 2 and 3 of BW. As for Beast Machines, my favs include those with Savage Noble.

7. JFGuy4VT58

JFGuy4VT58 Well-Known Member

I just recently began watching Beast Wars for the first time (aside from an occasional episode when I was in elementary school back in the 90s) so I've only seen a handful of episodes so far. It really is a great series and the characterization and plot out of just the first few episodes I've seen alone is better than full seasons of other cartoons I used to watch. Kind of regret waiting so long to watch 'em.

8. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I'm suprised at how few people on this board like Beast Wars.

9. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Imperial Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna give a top ten 'cause many episodes are equally good.

but, definately the whole of beast machines after primal explains the meaning of the beast wars.

and in beast wars, I too have to say everything from the agenda through optimal situation. then deep metal, and master blaster. both of the nemesis episodes are awesome as well.

10. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

1. Optimal Situation (All parts), because G1 Prime + Primal = WIN!
    2. Other Voices (both parts), greatest plot and most effective episode ever.
    3. Code of Hero, just too awesome. Dinobot's sacrifice was what Prime's death in the 1986 movie should've been.
    4. Revelations (All parts), just a great well-written plot there.
    5. The Key to Vector Sigma, Rhinox/Tankor using it was awesome.
    6. Endgame (all parts), just... wow. Awesome ending to awesome series.
    7. The Nemesis (both parts) - Nice contrast on the situation, with Pred's having advantage, but Maximals winning at the end. Also, TM2 Dinobot proved himself to be as heroic as Dinobot.
    8. Aftermath, because it was interesting to show the Max's/Pred's reaction after the update.
    9. The Agenda, G1 Ravage talking FTW!
    10. Master Blaster, for just how awesome Megatron can be. Yes...

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Most favourite to least:

-Agenda p1 -the whole 3-parter's just amazing.
    -Agenda p2
    -Agenda p3

-The Weak Component - probably the best character-centric episode in all of Transformers.
    -Endgame p3 -all-out rumble. Most epic fight in TF history up until then.
    -Code of Hero -like I'm not going to put this on the list.
    -End of the Line -Great suspense. The feeling of build-up to this point is amazing.
    -Master Blaster - Dragon Megs is the coolest thing ever.
    -The Catalyst -Return of Waspinator!
    -Any "OV" episodes -They're all good.

Yes. Because only the people who have posted in this thread like Beast Wars.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too many to name for me. I even enjoy eps like "The Low Road" for silly, stupid fun.

To get more specific, I'd have to go back and watch the eps again. I wish I had that kind of free time. :) 

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    - Nemesis Pt 1 & 2
    - Transmutate
    - Code of Hero
    - The Agenda Pt 1, 2 & 3
    - Feral Scream, Pt 1 (mostly for the use of lighting, primitive as it was)

I've never understood the exceptional hatred of the episode Transmutate among adult Transformers fans, given it's probably the single most mature episode/story of Transformers ever written, as it was allegorical to a serious issue in the real world. It's the sort of story one should use as an example if one wants to convince somebody that Transformers can be more than just 21 minute or 2 hour-long commercials to sell toys and cars, and it should be the sort of writing Hasbro should be going after IF they are serious about changing themselves into an entertainment properties company that just happens to also manufacture toys.

Granted, Transformers is for kids, but give kids credit. I mean, Beast Wars seemed to do well enough with a good balance of maturity and slapstick.