toonami cn's last good block

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by mrfang2, Jun 17, 2010.

1. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    toonami started before i was born but i still have good memories up until toonami's final broadcast. that was the day my childhood died.
    listen up toonami loyalists

you can help try to get this back on the air! go to neotoonami.com, join, and contribute to the reboot. we will submit this project to cn once it is finished.

you dont have to complain about it coming back, you could talk about how good you used to think it was or somthing, i dont realy want any thread of mine to beacome all negativity.

2. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

to be honest it needed to go cn hasn't shown any good programs for years even in adult swim nickelodeon has surely surpassed them

3. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I didn't like Toonami. Sorry. Never found the appeal.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Dead to me.

Toonami introduced me to the concept of true anime....

5. mrfang2

News Credits:
    toonami intruduced me to true anime, transformers, and custom action figures (i built a tom2 out of clay and a small bionicle)

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

To be honest, it's best to let it lie. Lets wait for HUB to come up with something.

7. J.H.N

J.H.N the HARSH one

Toonami started before you were born... I was in college when it started.... good god, anyways, let it go and not to be a dick, but these little online "save this or that" really never work.

8. mrfang2

News Credits:
    yes, i was born during the tom 1 era

9. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I miss Toonami was awesome, 90 % of whats on CN now is crap which makes me less sad i don't get the channel any more.

10. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    True that. Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Dragonball Z, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho... I could go on and on. Back in the day, those shows were my bread and butter.

Plus the atmosphere that the spaceship and TOM created was awesome. It made my day, coming home after school and chilling on the couch with this. After it moved to only Saturdays, it kinda just died for me.

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I absolutely loved Toonami back in the day, but I really don't want it to come back. I just don't think it would be as good.

12. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    With Adult Swim, DVDs, and downloadable episodes nowadays Toonami is kind of obsolete. It was a good run back in the day, but in this day-and-age of fickle kids and short attention spans the block wouldn't be near as exciting as it once was.

13. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

Toonami was an action block. The majority of Anime coming out of Japan these days is Moe. See the problem?

Toonami had a great run, but lets face it..... simply importing shows from another country is pretty lazy (dispite all the work that goes into it). Now if CN could build up a block of original content, I wouldn't mind them slaping the Toonami label on it. Chances are they would come up with some new name for it though.

Who really needs it anyway? There is a new player on the scene and it's name is the HUB. This channel is already a game changer. Nick is getting ready to counter program with a handful of heavy hitters... DBZ Kai, Voltron, (Power Rangers (?), and Thundercats. Which will force CN to make shows to go up against Hub and Nick's programing. Because Ben 10 isn't going to cut it going up against all these power house franchises.

14. mrfang2

News Credits:
    so far revieled to the public in action shows this year are, ben 10 ultimate alien, generator rex, symbiotic titan, beyblade, metajets, batman brave and the bold,robotomy,bakugan, possably scooby doo(probably not considered action), and they could re run old ones like megas, ect.

it wont be as good as it used to be, but it could go back on.

15. mrfang2

News Credits:
    yes it will probably fail, but if you check out the websithe and look around, you will see that we have modeling, concept art, a basic bumper, and voice actors, on top of a petition like most of these online save this or that wich fail do. im not trying to be rude either, im just saying we are trying realy hard with this

16. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Toonami was my all time favorite channel, but I just can't see it coming back, if it somehow does I will be there for the opening, but if it doesn't then I wouldn't really mind because it run it's course and brought entertainment to our minds and kept a steady run and never really died a death, however I was well pissed when they brought all the shows like Backyard Science and all the other live action stuff.

17. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

hmm toonami, the home of wonderful wonderful, edited, poorly dubbed anime. lol oh how i miss you.

:p 

18. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toonami was great but let's not ruin it's memory.

19. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Toonami was a prototype Adult Swim. I loved it, but still. Just watch AS on a Saturday.