Too much positivity?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MrSoundwaveGuy, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I'm so sick of all these, Where is all this negative criticism coming from? threads. Why can't we state things we didn't like about the movie without being called a hater or that we set our standards too high? Alot of people had many problems with the movie including myself so why can't we voice the things we didn't like without getting criticized. So I'm gonna voice my problems with the film and I don't want anybody to bash my opinion just because it's not positive.
    There were too many characters squeezed in the film, and most got no character development. The humor just felt so outta place sometimes. The Decepticons clones and such were just a cheap way to show the Autobots kick ass. So many plot holes in this film, yes some were explained in the prequel comic from what I know but I don't wanna read a comic just to help fill in the holes of a story that's not even good to begin with. The Fallen was a useless dumb character. You probably heard many complaints about these already but I wanted to voice my opinion so I did. In all honesty I didn't hate the film, I thought it was okay.

2. BR4DSH4W

BR4DSH4W Active Member

I agree :) 

3. R.I.N.G.R.A.M.

R.I.N.G.R.A.M. 2nd Medic of Team Zissou

Have to agree, loved the first one to bits, this one was okay. Still enjoyed it but too much stupidness to comprehend. Bit of a mess tbh.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, not "too much positivity." In fact, the bitching outweighs the positive like 12 to one, even though judging by the gross, people tend to love it.

So why do people complain about the negativity threads? Because every person who hated the movie thinks it's ok to post a new thread about the reason why he/she hated it, when the people who loved it tend to flock to the movie discussion thread, so coming into the board and seeing the next Shmuck post "Why I hated the movie," "What sucked," "What would you change" is a HELLOVALOT more annoying than just going to one thread an discussing it. '

That's why.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

People want to drown out any negative commits under the strange idea that if we don't say anything bad about the film then it must have either great or perfect.

You saw Indiana Jones fans doing the same thing after the Crystal Skull. If we can just bash the critics then maybe the movie wasn't that bad.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Putting WAY too much thought into it. See, unlike the people who didn't like it and have to add a new thread to express what has already been said 5 minutes ago by the new guy (with 2 posts), the guys who liked it aren't on some kind of mission to make people like it, it's more like eating a cake and wanting to talk to other people who liked the cake, and a bunch of people with Picket signs trying to scream the loudest on how the people who liked the cake shouldn't like it.

No, there is no agenda by the people who liked it to drown out those who don't. Count the threads from newbies coming in to piss on the movie and compare them to the ones from people who liked it.

I mean there is a damn sticky to discuss the movie and people are still posting, "What would you change" threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.