Too Human demo is avilable!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Jul 15, 2008.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well guys if you want a small taste of Silicon Knights new game, it's now avilable on the XBL market place.

My first impressions of the game are kinda mixed. I see how there's lots of coolness in this but little things dont make this game as kickass as I hoped it would be. I find the controls interesting and have no complaints about it, but the character animation is so stiff that the action doesnt look all that exciting.

The demo gives you a little insight on the setting and it's awsome! I liked at how I was able to indentify some mythology references. I dunno if this counts as a spoiler so I'll post it in grey just in case.

*SPOILERS*
    Balder wants to hunt down a machine, aka monster. This machine went into a bar, tore off a human's head, drank it's blood and during it's escape it lost it's arm. The robots name is Grendel!
    *END OF SPOILERS*

This game is totally a dungion hack and slash. In the demo Balder is in a "goblin" (robot minions!) lair shooting and slashing his way through a bunch of creatures. A little pet peeve I have with this game is that I didnt notice the consequence of death. I died once, a Valkyrie came from the heavens and took my corpse away off to Valhalla. I'm thinking, thats a pretty epic game over right there but NOPE. I just respawned back at the end of the hallway as if nothing happened, all the enemies that I killed are still dead and all the loot that's left there is still there. Just like Battlefield Bad Company. I need to do more investigation on this, I cant believe that another game would just let itself be that easy.

I'm going to look through the demo again because it's a fairly large demo. Took me almost an hour to complete and I think I missed some extra stuff on my first play through.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will definitely download tonight! Been looking forward to this, but bad character animation turns me off in this generation. I won't even touch the new Socom on PS3 because the characters look like something off N64's Golden Eye, which was fine back then...now? Not so much.

3. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The camera killed this for me. :( 

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that like Video killed the Radio Star?

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

If the Radio Star was doing College Radio, then sure.

6. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Started DL'ing last night. 1.1 GB. Christ that's a lot of space. I hope there's some meat to the demo and I don't get suckered into another 5 minute play through demo.

7. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

I tried this out yesterday. I really wanted to like this, but I got a little more than annoyed when I tried to move the camera with the right thumb stick and ended up swining my sword all over the place. Once I got used to that it wasn't so bad, but I still didn't get into it too much.

I'll try and keep an open mind until the full game comes out. It'll be a rental for me though at this point.

8. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    What are the odds of seeing a PC release for this I wonder...

But yeah, everything I've heard and seen about this game is awesomeness, EXCEPT for the horribly stiff animations. Seriously, all the videos have him wielding his weapon like a feather duster...

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    the camera's definately a little weird and meless fightings a bit...interesting. i never was good at the whole "use the right joystick to control your swings bit" and end up either missing guys or just not pulling off any cool combos whatsoever cuz i have no idea what to do :p 

still..it was fun!

i'll definately play it when it comes out

10. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Still haven't had a chance to play all the way through the demo yet, but I am enjoying it so far. I'm digging the mythological references. I think it's cool that the video that came out for Too Human with Baldur fighting that beast gets referenced. Still not used to the camera but I am getting used to the combat. It's pretty awesome fighting large groups of enemies, juggling them in the air and doing some John Woo type pistol shooting.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have so much shit to look at when I get home. I really need to get remote play working again. At least my PSN crap will be downloaded when I get home.

12. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    After the opening cut ended I played for about 5 minute then U made a sound like "Megh" and turned it off. Might go back and give it another shot but it sure wasn't frying my bacon. I wanted to love it but it wouldn;t let me.

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually liked it. Wouldn't pay 60 bucks for it, but I was enjoying it. I also liked that you could shoot the first robot in the middle of a cinematic. I actually took him out from his point of view. The guy seems kinda slow, but the atmosphere was nice. I'll play it more tonight. I dug the other demo today (the Japanese RPG).