Minor/Repaint: tons of new classics! trailbreaker, kup, cosmos, beachcomber, scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Nice group of customs! your work is clean. Love the Trailbreaker, and how much red breaks up the whole back scheme. Your Sweep needs a Halloween themed name, just a thought.

2. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah sweet dude pm me if you decide to sell him thanks!

3. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The paint job is great, very good and detailed on them all, good work!

As for the sweep body repaint: if you want to do a homage to an obscure character, why don't you try Governor Riker? I recall back when I was a kid and I watched that episode, my friend and I were laughing at the robot moustache. Or you can get a lot of ideas for characters with beards from that page.

As for the racer jazz headed bot, my only advice is make him look like a real race car. The best example for this is the very first release of Smokescreern as a Binaltech / Alternator. He was made using an incredible amount of detail, even using the names of the real pilots. That is the reason I didn't get the Henkei Smokescreen: I now think he looks lame in that color scheme. I understand that they would have to pay to have exactly the same color scheme as a real racing car, but he should emulate paint applications and decals of cars from Rallies, or other competitions such as Nascar, etc.

4. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I like Blight. I think there was a Blight in the Energon Bruticus combiner set and in a K-mart mini-con pack but I feel like they are new enough to not hold me back from using it. Plague is good too. Thanks for the ideas

Woohoo!
    Yeah I though Trailbreaker would be pretty easy from Ironhide beause I'm lazy and being able to leave the red made it pretty easy for me to finish and not have to worry about chipping.

Word

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Governor Riker is hilarious and it seems to fit this guys color scheme pretty well. He does happen to be an Autobot so not sure about it, plus the name is a bit funky to me. I was actually thinking this could be a Shattered Glass version of Scourge being that the blue and white version seem more autoboty and in the SG universe his colors could be more dark plus blue is the opposite of orange. Too bad I don't really collect figures in the shatteredverse

As for Rally being more realistic I just don't have the decal skills that would get me a realistic rally car look. It's a darn good idea though

6. spoonman

spoonman I make bots.

Just saw this post on your "threads" page. All very nicely done. And thanks for the shout on the Trailbreaker head :thumbs2: 

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I Like the Custom Rambles.

8. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    These customs are great. I'll throw a name for the Black Scourge well I used the name, Siege for a drawing maybe it can be used for him, but just throwing it out there. So take it into consideration.

9. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks man. I was hoping you'd see these eventually. I'm not always the best at giving props but yours was fresh in my head and I had to change my mind on the head I was gonna use after seeing yours. I was planning on modding a RID Grimlock but it wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to

Thanks a lot. Ive sold a good number of them to folks on the boards here. Hit me up if you want a pair

Thanks Ez. That's a pretty sweet name actually. I llike it a lot. Might have to start using it. Does my custom look anything like your drawing?

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:

Your welcome, Lucs. My Siege looks at this than a black Scourge. But if you squint a little bit it kinda does...well maybe not.

[​IMG]

11. Wheel_Jack

Wheel_Jack pitying fools

Ebay:
    great stuff lucs. love that trailbreaker! I like your smokescreen/jazz guy too. :)  that's my name suggestion for him too.

12. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I always enjoy seeing your work; you continue to keep the 'fun' in this hobby :) 

13. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Yeah that's what I'm leaning towards too. "Hey check out my Smokescreeny-Jazz guy" :thumb 
    Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you.

Update - I just put those Rumble and Frenzy up on ebay. Not sure people will even want them now that that 3rd party came out with their version, even though the color is wrong on theirs