Minor/Repaint: tons of new classics! trailbreaker, kup, cosmos, beachcomber, scourge

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    2 things
    1. I can't tell you who made the head casts for me in this thread
    2. Can anybody think of names for the black/orange Scourge, the Jazz Prime and the Jazz/Smokescreen guy?

Here are a ton of new done or almost done customs I've been working on. After taking a few photos I noticed a spot or 2 that could use touching up but here they are anyhow

This is Movie Crankcase with a cast of the BC Kup head. I pretty much added some teal paint and some autobot stickers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Cybertron Sideways with movie 74 camero BB's hands because I got this in a lot and he came without hands. Also the head is a cast of the BC Scourge. Figure I'll use him as a Sweep or come up with a sweet new name since he seems too unique to me to be just a Sweep. Any ideas?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is one a lot of others have done but it's Cosmos. The only mod I did was shave his mouth off and add some paint and a sticker
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Beachcomber just like everyone else has done. I used a combo of movie Hardtop for the greyish blue bits so I wouldn't have to worry about some paint rubbing and some teal parts from Cybertron Hardtop because originally I thought I might keep some of that color but I scrapped that idea. I added a tad bit of red to the gun for some more color. And no his left hand isn't gold underneath the gun he's holding
    [​IMG]

Jazzimus Prime. I just figures since the botcon head was a tad big I'd see how it looked on Prime's body. I'll probably paint it a bit more, remove the yellow in favor of white and color his eyes. I deas on a better name are also welcome!
    [​IMG]

This character I'm thinking of calling Rally but I'm open to ideas in the realm of something stylish that goes with Stepper and Jazz. It's Hasbro Smokescreen (I got the Henkei one for my collection) with cast of botcon Jazz's head and a little white over all the yellow bits and some stickers over the numbers
    [​IMG]
    With his bros Jazz and Stepper (Ricochet)
    [​IMG]

Trailbreaker is made from Ironhide and a modified G1 Hung-grr head. Saw it on 2 customs by Spoonman. The gun is from 2-pack prime and I plan to make the forcefield generator but I used the parts for something else so I'll have to search around for more of that piece. Oh and his Hands are from the movie 74 camero BB because I never liked the hands that came with the figure. It also sets him apart from the other guys of the same mold
    [​IMG]

Lastly he are the latest and possibly greatest versions of my Frenzy Rumble customs. Now with clear red light piping supplied by or very own Darkov. The heads are actually cast in the colors you see so less paint chipping possibility. I painted the 'blue guy' in a more stylized way also in order to fight the possibly chip factor. This are for sale also
    [​IMG]
    I tried to get a light behind him here but the pic came out blurry but whatevs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  2. caecae22

caecae22 mere human

cool

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I do believe there's a member here named Jazzimus Prime...

Pretty good job on these, though I don't exactly agree with some of the mold choices (and I didn't agree when they were announced for BotCon either).

Trailbreaker is easily the gem in this lot. Can't wait to see the shield generator added.

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those all look fantastic man! Good job :thumb 

5. stratonrye

stratonrye Maximal

These all look really great Lucs! I think my favorite of the bunch has to be that Black and orange Sweep. He just looks so wickedly evil and badass in those colors. I love it! Oh and Jazzimus Prime, that's just so ridiculous that it's awesome! You crack me up. I do think I'm going to have to ask were the heck are you getting all those sweet, nice quality head cast again. I mean they just look perfect. Please spill the beans on that secret if you can.

6. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    thanks
    Yeah the name is by far an original, that's why I was hoping for some ideas on something new

I actually own the botcon versions to these guys too, so I might sell off one of my Kups whether it be this custom or the original. Not a huge fan of it but I got it at a good price and he'll do for now. I love the Scourge/Sideways mold though, I think it fits well enough
    Thanks a lot O!
    I really appreciate the nice words man. But I can't reveal the source of the heads. I can say that they were only commissioned by me. I can't get my seller in trouble. Maybe try posting in the requests section and see who bites

Yeah that Black/Orange sweep turned out better than I thought would. I didn't do much to it but the black stach and black eyes just say evil to me

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Do you plan on finishing up the paint on Kup? He looks incomplete.

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Maybe, what would you suggest adding? More silver or teal perhaps?

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

More teal.

10. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude where or who does the casts of kups head? i needs me one of those!

but the whole lot look great to me! nice work

11. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Like I said in one of my previous posts, I can't say. I supplied the head for the caster to make though.

12. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    love those. Well done. ;) 

13. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah ok i know why and no worries, ill just admire! or maybe interested in buying your botcon kup lol

14. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I have seen a couple of those already, but the lot of them still amaze me even now!!
    Great job all around Lucs, but I also really like the Trailbreaker. On of the few G1 cast they have yet to put out, so it's nice to see your version standing tall and looking cool!!
    When I saw the Kup, I was all like "his head is too obvious, Joe should hide that better". But then when I saw the alt mode picture, I could of cared less!! Also a top notch job!!

Seriously, are you going to make me a Cosmos if I find you a binocularbot to mod? :p 

End of Line

15. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Nice work. Kup is, strangely, one of my favorites from the G1 universe. Definitely like the Botcon version, but wasn't too keen on the "elite guard" stickers so it's good to see another portrayal. One thing I've wanted to do is scar up Kup's face with "wrinkles" a bit to age him, but wouldn't dare do that to the actual Botcon figure.

I echo others in definitely liking the Trailbreaker. My favorite Autobot when I was a kid; that mold works well, particularly with the excellent choice for the head.

16. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks man!
    I'll let you know if I decide to sell him
    Yeah I have an extra longshot (the base fig for cosmos) in a box already for ya. I'm moving soon but I can make you one still.

Also when it comes to hiding the head, I really had no choice, it's just the mold. Freakin H-bro made a lot of Cybertron and Energon figures with obvious heads popping out in vehicle mode. Maybe I can make a box to cover it or something but in reality he's not gonna see his truck mode much anyways
    I liked Trailbreaker a lot too for some reason. Not sure why but maybe it was because I thought the visor eyes were really cool. I remember liking Jazz, Soundwave, Blitzwing and Trailbreaker more than Prime and the rest of the bots. The head choice was stolen from Spoonman but yeah it works well with some parts sanded down. I felt kind of bad defiling a perfectly good G1 figure though
    I do agree that Kup needs more oldish type features but I'm not sure I wanna cut his face up. You can remove paint and start over but cut marks are harder to hide if you mess up. The head casts aren't super cheap either

17. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Some cool projects you got going on here. I like Rally. He does look too much like Smokescreen still. How about making him a homage off the red Binaltech Jazz/Miester? He was Red and Black. I think a rally car in that color scheme would work, especially with some decals added as sponsors or something. Keep it up. :) 

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Everything looks great! Are those head cast availible for purchase? And how about Blight or Plague for a name for the Sweep/Sideways custom. Nothing special both are synonyms of "scourge" and Blight kinda fits in my opinion.

19. solidus

solidus Shivaker Jazz

Great work, botcon customs !!!

20. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    That's a pretty sweet I idea. I was originally going to make a red and grey version with a cast of the Action Master Jazz head but this one seemed so easy. Also, the Jazz head I used was a freebie from the caster, so I figured I'd find a place to use it