Tons of IDW trades for 2007 now on Amazon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Superman_Alpha, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

New IDW TF trades on Amazon

Amazon has a ton of pre-listings for 2007 for IDW’s Transformers trades and hardcovers. I’ll start with stuff that have yet to be solicited, even as mini-series:

Transformers: The Best Of Simon Furman (Hardcover)
    [amazon]1600100589[/amazon]

Book Description
    This career-spanning hardcover looks at legendary Transformers writer Simon Furman's amazing output throughout the two decades he's worked on the Robots in Disguise, from his earliest beginnings through his current work. This collection compiles his U.K. work from 1985 through his G2 and War Within comics to his present IDW comics work and beyond! The premiere presentation of Simon's immense body of work.

Product Details
    • Hardcover: 272 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (July 25, 2007)
    • Language: English
    • ISBN: 1600100589
    • List Price: $50.00

Transformers: The Best Of Don Figueroa (Hardcover)
    [amazon]1600100813[/amazon]

Book Description
    Artist Don Figueroa has been blowing away fans' conception of what Transformers comic book art is capable of being, and now his spectacular work gets the Premiere treatment. This special hardcover-with-dustjacket offers the ultimate presentation of Don's work, spanning his earliest work through his current work on the IDW movie prequel, including sketches, concept art and much more.

Product Details
    • Hardcover: 220 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (May 25, 2007)
    • ISBN: 1600100813
    • List Price: $50

Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium Of Transformers Animation Models (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100805[/amazon]

Book Description
    Revisit the Transformers, one of the most popular cartoons of the 1980s, in The Ark! This book collects over 500 of the animation models from the classic TV show that have been painstakingly restored to their original glory. This volume has them all, from Optimus Prime to Galvatron, and features a brand new Don Figueroa cover.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 208 pages
    • ISBN: 1600100805
    • List Price: $19.99

The Transformers: The Movie (Paperback)
    by Kris Oprisko, Alex Milne
    [amazon]1600100678[/amazon]

Book Description
    Our world. Their war. The long-awaited Transformers movie is upon us, and now you can catch the entire saga in comic book form right here! Picking up directly where the Movie Prequel leaves off, this adaptation of the big-screen blockbuster sees the Transformers bring their brutal war to our world, putting all of mankind at risk. Our salvation depends on the burgeoning friendship between a robot from beyond the stars and a young boy who just might hold the key to ending the war forever. Also includes a photo gallery and much more.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 104 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (June 25, 2007)
    • ISBN: 1600100678
    • List Price: $17.99

Transformers: The Greatest Battles Of Optimus Prime And Megatron (Paperback)
    by Bob Budiansky, Simon Furman, Don Figueroa, E. J. Su, Manny Galan
    [amazon]1600100708[/amazon]

Book Description
    Optimus Prime and Megatron have opposed each other since the Transformers began, and their fight continues even into this year's big-screen movie. And now, this collection looks back at many of the most awe-inspiring match-ups of these two polar opposites, spanning decades of Transformers comics.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 152 pages
    • ISBN: 1600100708

The Transformers: Escalation (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100848[/amazon]

Book Description
    The saga of the Transformers' secret war on Earth - begun in Infiltration - continues with Phase Two: Escalation. With the monumental menaces of Megatron and Ore-13 looming, the Autobots could be forgiven for thinking things couldn't get much worse. But, as Optimus Prime musters his response to the mounting threat, the Machination strikes - with shocking and tragic consequences!

Product Details
    • Paperback: 140 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (July 25, 2007)
    • ISBN: 1600100848

The Transformers: Spotlight (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100686[/amazon]

Book Description
    Collecting a series of five one-shots focusing on some of the best-loved (or loathed) characters from the Transformers Universe - Hot Rod, Sixshot, Shockwave, Nightbeat and Ultra Magnus. Each Spotlight is written by long-time Transformers scribe Simon Furman, whose words accompany artwork by the likes of Nick Roche, MD Bright, Rob Ruffolo and Robby Musso.

(Note: No mention of Soundwave in this edition. Maybe Volume 2?)

Product Details
    • Paperback: 136 pages
    • ISBN: 1600100686

The Transformers Animated Movie Adaptation (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100511[/amazon]

Book Description
    Before the release of the all-new, live-action Transformers movie next summer, take an extended look back at a classic - the animated 1986 Transformers: The Movie. Joining present-day TF legend, artist Don Figueroa, is returning writer and fellow TF master Bob Budiansky, the man responsible for some of the most beloved '80s Transformers comics. Together, they present this four-part adaptation, adding in extra scenes and little touches for fans of all ages.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 104 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (April 25, 2007)
    • ISBN: 1600100511
    • List Price: $17.99

Transformers: War Within Volume 1 (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100562[/amazon]

Availability: THIS TITLE IS CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE. If you would like to purchase this title, we recommend that you occasionally check this page to see if it has become available.
    Book Description
    Before Stormbringer, before the Beast Wars, before even Generation One, there was... The War Within. Four million years before the Transformers came to Earth, civil war rocks their home world of Cybertron, and Optimus Prime faces his first - and greatest - challenge. But before he can deal with the Decepticons, the new Autobot leader must look within... and decide if Cybertron is worth saving at all! If you think you know the Transformers... think again! IDW is proud to present an all-new collection of this long-out-of-print tale from the Transformers' past.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 168 pages
    • Publisher: IDW Publishing (March 25, 2007)
    • ISBN: 1600100562
    • List Price: not given

Transformers: War Within Volume 2 (Paperback)
    [amazon]1600100597[/amazon]

Book Description
    Cybertron... four million years before the Transformers came to Earth. As civil war rocks the Transformers' home world, Optimus Prime faces his first - and greatest - challenge. But before he can deal with the Decepticons, the new Autobot leader must look within... and decide if Cybertron is worth saving at all! IDW is proud to present an all-new collection of this long-out-of-print tale from the Transformers' past.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 168 pages
    • ISBN: 1600100597

The Transformers: The Movie Prequel (Paperback)
    by Simon Furman, Chris Ryall, Don Figueroa
    [amazon]160010066X[/amazon]
    Book Description
    Before the live-action Transformers movie spectacularly explodes onto theater screens next summer, read the official beginning of the story right here! In this four-part prequel to the film, travel from Cybertron to Earth as we see for the first time what momentous events led to the Transformers bringing their war to our world.

Product Details
    • Paperback: 120 pages
    • ISBN: 160010066X

2. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Here's a month-by-month break down as well:

March 25:
    Transformers: War Within Volume 1 (Paperback)

April 25:
    The Transformers Animated Movie Adaptation (Paperback)

May 25:
    Transformers: War Within Volume 2 (Paperback)
    Transformers: The Best Of Don Figueroa (Hardcover)
    Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium Of Transformers Animation Models (Paperback)
    Transformers: The Greatest Battles Of Optimus Prime And Megatron (Paperback)

June 25:
    The Transformers: The Movie Prequel (Paperback)
    The Transformers: The Movie (Paperback)
    The Transformers: Spotlight (Paperback)

July 25:
    Transformers: The Best Of Simon Furman (Hardcover)

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Transformers: The Ark - A Complete Compendium Of Transformers Animation Models (Paperback)"

HELL YEAH!

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    VERY interesting stuff, but I doubt I'll buy the 50 dollar hardcovers (they would probably cost 60 euros here...). The movie paperback and it's prequel have me interested, though. And with 104 pages, it won't look like they'll cram the story into 50 pages. Nice.

5. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Awesome stuff. I'm least interested in the best ofs but I'm down for all the other comic stuff. The animation model book sounds really cool too.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Preorders and wish list additions when I get home tonight.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Best.News.EVER! Don's work is 100% to blame for my comeback to the Transformers realm, so having a book compiling his stuff is a dream come true.

And speaking of Don, also don't forget about the Stormbringer TPB coming out this or next month, I believe.

Hey Flux Convoy, where is your sig picture taken from?

8. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    It's taken from an Armada issue. I don't recall the exact number anymore. It's between 13 and 16.

9. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wouldn't hold my breath on the War Within ones. I've waiting for the Vol. 3 from G1 for over a year....

10. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I wonder if Floro Dery demanded that the words 'DESIGNED SOLEY BY FLORO DERY' are stamped in big block letters on every page.

11. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

Some good stuff there. Not being around during the DW area, I'm looking forward to picking up War Within. The animation models book sounds very interesting, and of course the TPBs from the ongoing series are must haves. Great work IDW!

12. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

It's not happening AFAIK. The solicitation was made in the hope that the legal issues could be resolved on that block of material, which hasn't turned out to be the case.

Nice research work, S_A!

13. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Some awesome stuff here. Added most of it to my wish list so I don't forget. I'm particularly looking forward to the animation models book.

The hardcovers don't particularly interest me, but if they have sufficient new material I might be tempted. As they get closer to realize Amazon will probably apply their usual discount that will get the price somewhere around $30-35 each.

14. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Sweet, looks like some good reads.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I'd kill to have the Don collection contain Macromasters printed and colored... and eventually continued... :D 

Chris

16. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Just as an FYI, Amazon finally added the previously missing Hearts of Steel listing.

17. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Wow, good stuff here - it's crazy next year is going to be OVER THE TOP as far as TF merchandise!

18. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Mmmm... The Ark one, Movie TPB and Movie Prequel I'll most probably get.

Greatest Battles, Best of Furman and Best of Figueroa depending on what's there.

-airfox

19. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    in more "Artiepants doesn't understand what the hell IDW is thinking on prices" after the announcement Stormbringer would be $18 in trade (for 4 $3 issues, or $12) and we see the trend contiue with the animated adaptation (4 $ issues, or $16) for $18; now we have Escalation (6 $4 issues, or $24) for $20 and Prime Directive (4 $4 issues, or $16) for $20 :eek:  wouldn't be fleecing for the movie tie-in would we...

still, excited by the Best of DON (i probably have all the issues, but it's the sketches and other work that excites me) and the Animation model book...

20. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    It would be nice to have the Furman, Don and Ark books on teh shelf. Thing is, I have all of Furman's TF stuff anyway, so unless they add some interesting extras (like thoughts about the stories etc) I'll probably miss that one.