Tonight Man v. Food is back!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Spiderus Prime, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Travel Channel is showing The a recap of seasons 1 & 2 of Man v. Food,and tonight the wait is over Man v. Food is back in action.

2. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just started watching this via Netflix. It's fun, but after jumping around through the first two seasons I'm getting kind of bored with the schtick. Half the food challenges are just of the "hot peppers!" variety, which really isn't very interesting after the first time. I think if he traveled outside of the US the show could get a little more interesting. I'd like to see him tackle, say, two full pounds of fermented shark meat in Iceland or how much raw seal he can eat in ten minutes in Quebec. :) 

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I do like this show. It's really entertaining to see him tackle and usually win most of these incredible challenges.

4. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this show! Some of the food chalenges are ridiculous though.

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I've watched most of season 1 & 2, but there are times when I think the challenge is a joke and not worth putting it on TV. The Super Bowl one was particularly boring. They spent like an hour hyping up the challenge of eating a 48oz steak but half way through the challenge it's very obvious that Adam would complete it with plenty of time to spare so he was just yapping to the camera to keep it interesting. Next time for a big event they should really make it challenging, even if that means Adam may lose in front of a national audience. I just think this show should be more extreme and difficult for the host. Oh and less about the hot peppers please.

6. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the show but you guys are right the best ones are the ones where he just has to eat a crap ton of food in a certain span of time. But I have to imagine that there aren't a whole lot of challenges out there for him to tackle without including the spicy food.

7. Rewind

News Credits:
    The only hot pepper challenge that would interest me at this point would be to watch him suck down 1 full gallon of pureed ghost chiles while naked and submerged up to his chin in a vat of the same.

Also, I think the show should get rid of the hokey "press conference" at the end and replace it with a "day after report" where he details the effects the food challenges had on his body.

8. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    This is a great idea. Love the show also.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I love the show, but hate how some restaurants are making these challenges so they can specifically be IN the show; like the one from Vegas last season, that big ugly oversized taco bell burrito

10. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I wonder how often this guy gets kicked to the couch the night after one of these challenges.

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Especially after one of those 6 pound burritos.

12. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he either does a blog or something and he's talked about the effects that the challenges have on his body. I got my wife semi-hooked on the show and she mentioned that to me the other day.

13. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I agree with you. Always thought the "Press Conference" was lame.

14. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Then it would just be Bizarre Food but with a challenge. If they were to combine the two shows and have it be a competition between Adam and Andrew that would be amazing.

15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I just watch Season 3 is good start from Adam and we've got new first theme music,a Boxer punching a burger, & Press Conference now got a background.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Watched both episodes of Season 3 Man v Food. I wonder why Adam can beat the challenge of eating a humongous omlette and hash browns but have difficulty downing 50 wings in 30 mins. I know not all the challenges are the same but since his stomach have been stretched to the max, and he proved it by eating a substantial amount of the food in the first episode, why can't he have the appetite for the wings?

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey, ADAM!
    if the cook has to wear a hazmat suit and gas mask...
    throw in the freakin' towel!

i would like the press conference if A) they were more than 2 questions, and B) they weren't the dumbest 2 questions ever written by a 2 year old.

really, after downing 2 ghost chile laden buffalo wings and hiding in a deep freeze with a gallon of moo-juice, the first question is, "was it hot?"
    (or something that dumb.)

i like the show, but i am getting tired of the challenges. what i truly love about the show are the stops along the way as he heads to the challenge and the rapport with the people/cooks at those places.

that's what i like about my other favorite food show, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives."
    the good natured humor with the peeps.

18. Rewind

News Credits:
    Seriously, enough with the pepper challenges. The next time he's faced with a plate of hot wings he better have to insert whole ghost chiles into his nostrils, ears and anus while he eats the wings or it's not worth filming.