Tone of the Next Series

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ProtectronPrime, Jul 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    That'd be interesting. What would the core cast look like for that? Samurai Jack's theme really worked primarily because Jack was such a lone wanderer type.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Either they explore different character's backstory or the places then can go to can vary greatly from one another.

3. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Do we have to base it on a Transformers series? If not I would suggest something like Avatar the Last Airbender. It embraced drama, comedy and adventure with character development and good story (about war, too).

• Like Like x 1
  4. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

Somewhere between Beast Wars and Prime in terms of to be. It shouldn't be all brooding and serious (even Prime knew it needed some levity at times), but the current Robots in Disguise show suffers from it's lighter tone sometimes. I want a show that takes itself and it's characters seriously.

5. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    Some shows can balance out humor, action and drama pretty well. Voltron: Legendary Defender does a great job, as does Avatar as Girlbot mentioned. In fact, given how RiD15 is presented, it probably would have been much better received if the Legendary Defendar/Avatar people got to it in terms of pacing, plotting and writing.

It's not even the type of humor, honestly. Voltron/Avatar doesn't have much more wit than RID15 with it's potty humor, food fights and pratfalls. What it does do, however, is do it cleverly. Pidge and Hunk, for example, get stuck in anti-gravity and bumble their way through trying to find a solution to their problem. Grimlock is just big - a fact that the RiD crew fails to deal with properly for way too long. His primary joke is being too slow, too fat, too stupid - things that don't get resolved, or if they do, get forgotten 3 episodes later.

I'd like a show closer to Prime, honestly. What I'd really like is a show that delivers on what the CW Machinima promised it would - a great action show set on Cybertron. I think something along the tone of the Clone Wars series would hit the spot - lighter than Prime, but not as dependent on one-note character traits as RiD15.

• Like Like x 1
  6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Something tailored to anger movie and G1 fans while having a good sense of humor and a well-done plot

• Like Like x 1
  7. ProtectronPrime

Ebay:
    This could basically be anything, if you ignore "humor" and "plot".

• Like Like x 1
  8. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

I'll be happy with whatever they put on TV.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2017
  9. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    something identical to Prime, but more darker. Prime should of kept going.

10. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

I would love to get away from Aligned and look back to the G1 roots. Have a decent-sized cast of mature characters with unique quirks and abilities. Stay away from the stupid CGI. Bring back the size variety, find an aesthetic balance between Animated and Bayformers.

As far as plot/writing goes, well, I'd love to see a Cybertron-oriented story looking at the war pre-Earth. But I don't mind Earth stories themselves, as long as it doesn't get too wrapped up in useless and annoying human children.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

I want to be able to take Transformers seriously again. No more kiddie shows.

I really need some good quality Transformers content on my screen again after seeing that horror show that was Transformers 5.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.