Tomorrow night, FINALLY...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DeathStorm, Aug 6, 2007.

1. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    The movie finally plays tomorrow night here in Kuwait!

Unfortunately it's not an actual movie theater, it's just a big "high school like" theater with a projector on a white wall - but, hey, beggars can't be choosers.

I've been fighting off the bootleg urge for weeks since the copies are just camcorders in a theater. Making that fight even harder were the guys in my office playing a joke by piling about a dozen copies on my desk at work. I threw them all out.

Anyway, can't wait to see it.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

Awesome! Hope you enjoy it, regarless of the "theater" set-up.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You have an office?

4. DeathStorm

News Credits:

Yeah, I'm a desk jockey now. After my first five years of Infantry I just got burned out on it. Once they figured out I could type and knew computers I was pigeonholed into an office anyway - it just made sense to change my job once I went into the Guard.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hell, I don't blame you. I'm looking forward to getting O pay and never doing any real work.

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    man congrats that's sweet. hopefully the sound is ok. first time i saw it, the surround sound was off, meaning oinly the voice speakers were on. i had to see it three more times to compensate. <.< >.>

7. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Depends on what branch you choose. If you go AG Corps you won't be as busy but plan on meetings, meetings, meetings. That's why I never wanted to be an Officer. I've been offerred the chance many times (Warrant Officer as well) but I like being an NCO, training the troops, and actually doing something other than be in meetings all day (of course I'm talking about drill weekends here, not this deployment).

It's also less shit to deal with from the higher Commands. I'd rather be bitched out by a MSG or SGM than a COL or star.

But for some it's a calling, it's what they were meant to do. I'm lucky I've been able to work with some great Officers in my 15 years. I'm sure you'll do well.

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a great movie.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Medical all the way. We wander around, never really leading anything, just doing healthcare. It's definitely my thing, can't imagine doing anything else.

10. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    I hope you're right - I've known a lot of medics and they are at one extreme or the other - bored to death or so busy they lose it. Depends on where you get stationed and where you work. If you work in a TMC, plan on busy. If you work in a hospital, plan on boredom. If you choose some sort of field medical officer then plan on Infantry busy (ie: when you're deployed or in the field) mixed with boredom (in garrison).

Regardless, you'll have great skills if you decide to get out of the military and go back to the "real" world. Medics always get decent paying jobs.

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oh yeah, I did my time on the line. OEF '03, OIF '05/'06. Just got out to go back to school, be a PA. I'll stay with line units long as my back and knees hold out. It just suits me.