Tomorrow is November: Trailer Anyone?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Prowl, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread probably rises from the grave, if not literally, then spiritually, but this coming month is the month that we, weren't exactly promised, but told the first trailer might hit.

Any speculation or insight on what movie/date it might happen.. Just the thought that a month from now I "might" have already seen the trailer the the movie I'm the most hyped about.

2. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Quantum of Solace is what I'm thinking. Not a trailer but a teaser. Probably just a "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen coming summer 2009" but a guy can dream, can't he?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, with this teaser coming closer to release than 2006, I am kinda dreaming a bit bigger, but I don't want to get hy hopes up to high. We had our first real trailer for TF1 in December.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Yea I've got my hopes up that it's the movie where we get both a Transfomers and GI Joe trailer since I plan on catching the new Bond movie on opening night for my birthday.

Hope it's not with some movie at the end of the month instead.

5. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    I sure hope it comes out this month, so we don't have to moderate the weekly "ZOMG! Did any movie have the ROTF trailer this weekend!?!?!" :lol 

If it's coming out this month and not attached to Bond, PG-rated Madagascar (a DreamWorks film) seems like the other big hit on the month. That's out next weekend.

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    This is exactly what this forum should be called: "The Grave", because threads get so rehashed all the time. :p  But, yeah youre right, it would be nice to get a trailer by now; I definitely dont want to wait for the April/May one that was talked about before.

7. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

It would be nice to know ahead of time when the trailer will be released... How do you want us to build hype for a trailer when nobody knows when it's coming out?

Will it just pop up online randomly one day and fall under most people's radars? The trailer for the first movie was the top-downloaded trailer of the year on yahoo.com, maybe because people knew when to expect it, and maybe marked their calendars like I did?

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, especially if the trailer is playing in front of a movie that could use the boost. I watched Waterboy to see the Starwars trailer, before it was easier to just find things online.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    If they wait till then to show the actual trailer then what good is it to show only a
    month away from the movie.As for the teaser this month I say bring it on.I would love
    to see a brief glimpse of all the Autos and Deceps that are in the movie.As for the movie
    figures you would think that with barely 7 months to the release of them we would
    have pics of some.I for one am happy and mad that we haven't seen the figures yet.

But you would think that Hasblo would give us something to wet our appetite.Finally
    I say they have done damn good to keep this whole movie a secret for the most part,
    but its time to let us loyal fans in.Thats all.

10. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I'll be seeing Quantom of Solace on the 14th. November is a great month for me, my birthday is on the 10th. I can't wait for the Bond movie, but I'm in even more suspense to see if there is a teaser trailer for Transformers.

If not I'll be a little disappointed, but not really surprised..I don't know how much work on special effects they've done yet considering principle photography isn't wrapped yet.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I think
    November - Just a teaser trailer
    February(Oscar Award) - First Official trailer
    May - Final Trailer.
    :bay  nuff said.

12. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Veteran

News Credits:
    They worked on some during the writer's strike and, I believe, during the planned filming hiatus, so you'd think they would have something for a teaser trailer. I'm not expecting we're going to see a whole bunch of Transformers in it or get a good look at the robot modes of any of the new ones. Expect to see some Autobots, with the teaser ending with some sort of Decepticon footage ("The Fallen", returning for revenge, ect.). Would go with the subtitle of the movie.

13. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting on Madagascar considering Quantum of Solace will have Watchmen, Star Trek AND Terminator Salvation attached on its American release.

14. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    Well we do have to remember that Peter Cullen was in the studio working on some lines a while ago. I think the teaser will simply be Optimus with a few lines setting up the story while flashes of action scenes tease us, revealing small hints of the chaos to come. Just my opinion.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be very happy with that.

16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Sounds good to me! I would like to hear Devastator talk, but we don't get a glimpse of him.

17. SmokescreenWRX

SmokescreenWRX Dude. Wait, what?

Black screen *Thud ThuD THUD* (much like, yet more intense than the Jurassic Park T-Rex)

Devastator: "Prepare for EXTERMINATION!"

Slug from score theme, Date flashes on screen with TF2 logo.

One can hope. (even though I wasn't thrilled with the first film)

18. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Hmm...yeah, November would be a good time for a teaser trailer to come a knockin'.

19. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure that Quantum of Solace is out in the UK today. So I would think that the trailers attached to the movie in the UK stay the same for here in the US. If that's the case we should have heard of someone seeing it in the UK by now.

20. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Quite honestly I'm not trying to get my hopes up. I've been hearing Quantum of Solace isn't getting good reviews. Anyways if nothing else at least we will get a Watchmen trailer. But yeah definitely not high hopes coming in so ill either be utterly amazed or been like yeah can't wait for the April/May trailer.