Tomb Raiders for Game Cube?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by War Bearer, Apr 3, 2006.

1. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

http://cube.ign.com/articles/699/699529p1.html

Surprised? I was. Looks like Gamecube owners and Nintendo fans can play Tomb Raiders: Legend since there is hardly any games for the Gamecube and Nintendo is getting really desperate for titles.

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow, I'm really surprised they bothered... Having said that Eidos are really making an effort with Tomb Raider, seeing as this title will either remake the series (ready for more sequels) or finish the job that Angel of Darkness began.

I personally cannot wait for Legend, no 360 to play it on so it'll have to be an Xbox version for me!

3. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I'm surprised but yeah, Nintendo desperatley need something like this. A lot of shops I go into don't even bother to sell GC games anymore, which is a pity because the system has a lot unrealised potential.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

dunno they still sell a lot of cubes around here, the stores that dont sell as much of it are mainly compusmarts and radio shack

5. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

Because parents used the Gamecube as a babysitter while they play the XBOX and PS2

6. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Gee... now they start to figure out that Gamecube owners like to play games that everyone else gets to play. Too little too late in my book. If they would have started this years ago, the GC might have had a fighting chance instead of having the 2ft of store space that it currently has, while the Xbox which has only slightly more market share occupies an entire wall. Developers treated the Cube like an ulgy red-headed stepchild, and I know that there are plenty of games I would have bought if they would have come to the Cube (Physconauts comes to mind). Its about time some developers get their shit together, but its far far too late.

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Too late for what, exactly? Nintendo doesn't really need the money, and they've got a great history of supporting older products after the next generation arrives. That's going to be more true now that their next console is backwards compatible with the Cube. That means developers will initially get a broader userbase from the Game Cube format than from the Revolution for games that don't need the extra power (read anything available on PS2).

As for the main topic, it would have to take a hell of an improvement over previous games to make me want to play Tomb Raider.

8. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I just think its too late to help the Gamecube out. It has almost no shelfspace in stores by now. Its true that Revolution backwards compatibility might help keep the GC software alive after the console itself stops selling. But the market for GC software wont grow too much. Basically, Im pissed off that developers have snubed their noses at the Cube for this whole generation.

9. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

too bad Tomb Raider sucks. But I guess for diehard Lara Croft fanboys it might be worths omething....except most of them own sony systems.

Even being a Nintendo fan I can't see how this is remotely good news. I guess that in concept it's good. Giving more ports to Nintendo.

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Hopefully a store in my area will carry this just so I can play it. I haven't seen RE4, Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Men Legends 2 or Prince of Persia 2 or 3 for the the cube yet. (other than RE4 which I bought on release day but haven't seen since)

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i was thinking about getting the XBOX version (which would of bring my collection to 6) but now i'll pick it up for the CUBE now....

12. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Am I a die hard TR fan? Let me think...

I believe I have all 6 (so far, 1, 2, 3, Last Revelation, Chronicles, Angel of Darkness) and played 1 to 4 all the way through. I never finished 5 and 6. I also have Saturn, PS and N-gage versions of number 1.

Having said that, Angel of Darkness really killed it for me, I swore I'd never buy another Raider game again... until they attached Crystal dynamics name to it. Soul Reaver anyone?

I hope its back to form, the emphasis on exploration (from 1) and the epic locations (from 2). In any rate, I'll be off to the shops on Friday!

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Edit: Uh nvr mind

14. Nephthys

Nephthys Banned

I don't see myself buying it.
    Reason is posted in my worst game thread.I don't see this being any better than the ones already made.