Tomb Raider Legend... Who has it?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Apr 8, 2006.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So yeah, I caved in (well, 'caved in' is probably the wrong term... gleefully running to the Game store is probably more apt) and I splurged on release day. This is probably the only other game apart from Resident Evil 2 I've bought on release.

Anyway, I've played it, and it rocks. Crystal Dynamics have done a splendid job, my only complaint it the camera can be slightly screwy sometimes, but apart from that its lovely.

Anyhoo, I have the Xbox version, does anyone actually know any concrete details of differences between versions?

Anyone else played it, plus what are your thoughts?

2. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeh i have it its ok but swimming is extremely hard to control

am stuck on that puzzle in the first pyramid with the 3 squares and the 3 boxes that you need to put on them (their buttons) to open the door

i think its great though its the first tomb raider game i've actually enjoyed

3. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You need to push a box to the swing thing, then jump on the other end from the platform, which will throw them up onto the upper level!

I'm actually over 60% done... this Tomb Raider game is a lot smaller than the others so far. But I'm totally enjoying it! It really reminds me a lot of Soul Reaver as well.

4. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

Well it's good to hear that people like it. I'm looking forward to buying it on wed of next week.

5. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    My husband downloaded the demo for the 360 and really liked it. A lot better than the last 4 or 5. Looks pretty good on the 360, even though there are obiously some things that aren't as good as they could be, but that's to be expected when it's made for PS2 and Xbox I guess.

6. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    am at the level where your in the party is that number 3? after the first one and the one where your in the tomb

how many levels are there?

7. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The party level is level 3 I think, Japan.

Its weird, not so much levels, because of Crystal Dynamics stage loading technology the games countries are huge.

So far I've been to Bolivia, Peru, Japan, Ghana, Kazakstan and am currently in England. And I finished Croft Manor, the moment it became fully unlockable!

8. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok have finished the game and i really don't get the ending to be honest, pm me tikgnat once you've completed the game so i can ask you lol i'm rubbish at following a story , i won't ask now cos its major spoilors

9. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

I got a demo in the OPSMag. I was playing it last night. Probably one of the better looking and better playing PS2 titles I've ever had my hands on, and it was only a demo. I'm so getting this game. Swimming isn't too hard int he PS2 version, just go under water and push forward on teh left analog stick. *shrugs* I didn't know it was out already though. I guess I was just thinking of the PSP release date for it.

I'll have to get 2 copies of it now. One portable and one for home. ;) 

10. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the problem with the swimming was in the originals swimming was like flying, point where you want to go.

By trying to simplify it, and add up and down buttons, it confused me for a while, and even now doesn't seem natural.