Tomb Raider Anniversary

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by tikgnat, Apr 23, 2007.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Will be out on PS2, PSP and PC in May apparently.

While it looks super swish, its not on 360 or PS3... WHY?!?!?!?

Anyhoo, I'll be getting this on PS2 (probably on launch date in the UK, cuz I'm a whore for Lara. I've got copies of every single Tomb Raider game, usually on lead console (ie, TR: Last Revelation on Dreamcast, and yes, I'll admit to buying TR: Angel of Darkness, but in my defence I never finished it, it was too painful to play)

I actually have different versions of the first Tomb Raider on Saturn, Playstation, PC and N-gage... why not one more?

Anyone else going to bite? Or am I alone in this obsession?

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I think its because the original game was a PSone, saturn, and PC game so they're keeping a remake on those systems offspring. As for not being on PS3 I think they would rather focus on getting a new engine and manpower for the Legends sequel instead of doing a simple port job. I've played through Legends on PC, 360 and PSP so I'm a fan of that TR play style. I'd love to get a 360 version but it looks like I'll have to settle for the PC version with a 360 controller.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I didn't think you were too crazy for owning so many copies, until you said you had it on the N-Gage! But yeah, im sure they just wanted t odo a slightly updated version, and not completely next-gen version.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

the original game itself was amazing, and judging from the online trailers, it uses the new "non-square" based mapping system, and has all of her new moves, and of course current-gen graphics. I spend most of my time with my laptop, so I'll be getting the pc version.

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    The preview in this months Game Informer made it look really good. And Laura is looking HAWT.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I will definitely get this. TR Legend was one of my favorite games of last year, and if this one has the same play style, there's no way I'll miss it.