TOM, NOOOO!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alpha Prime, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Did anyone see the into to tonight's Toomani? WTF did they do to the host, Tom?
    He looks like something out of a child's story book...cute even. They have completely redone him, and the chick is gone too. I'll try to get a pic. Comments?

2. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already knew about this when Cartoon Network came to my school several weeks ago. The new Toonami cast is animated well enough, but I am still sorely disappointed. They just did a Tom Retrospective, and you could see the evolution of his design. The new Tom, which shouldn't even have Blum's voice coming out of him, just doesn't look like the same character. If you notice also, all the robots have the same EXACT face model -_-;;

3. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore. But I guess it has been a few years. They always seem to redo him eventually.

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You all should tune in and take a look at it when they go to the next bumper. It's all very well animated mind you, but it's lost it's edge. It had that futuristic, darker look to it. Now it's very light and lost a lot of maturity. Tom no longer has a helmet and has a face for no apparent reason. It's just a big punch in the gut to me, since I grew up with Tom on Toonami.

5. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Ten Years Strong

Same here. But it's knid of neat seeing all the clips of the old shows; i saw a title screen for TF: Armada pop up!

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Red Mage in Training

I saw it while watching the new Hellboy movie on CN. When I heard the voice, I thought "That can't be Tom, can it?" I waited until one of the others said his name to be sure.

That design lost everything that made me like the previous Tom designs. It really makes me want Moltar back. But then, I never wanted Moltar replaced in the first place.

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Saw this during Naruto.. All i could think was "dear god what have they done?" Hey CN if Toonami ain't broke don't try to fix it! It was fine the way it was.

8. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Imo Toonami has been crappy except for one or two shows for years and this butchering of Tom is the final nail in the coffin. Adult swim is really the onlt block I watch on CN now.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wtf i thought this was abt TOM from philly.

10. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

I also noticed that he seems to continually switch bodies with his new head design. I'm not too impressed.

11. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

12. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

wow! i haven't watched Toonami in about 2 years (due to not having cable), but i always liked that Tom wasn't all cutsie and crap. i used to watch CN religiously, then about the time i got married, they started taking off all the old bugs bunny cartoons off. then they moved all the hanna-barbarra stuff to Boomerang. after that Toonami was all i watched on the big CN. now i think i may not watch at all

13. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
  14. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

That's what I thought too.

15. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Toonami is dead to me. Without Adult Swim, CN would be dead altogether with me.

16. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

SO HORRIBLE THE NEW TOM IS< MY EYES HAVE FALLEN OUT

17. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

WTF. I thought this was about TOM from Philly!

18. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I saw his new look last night, and I had this to say:

WTF HAPPENED TO TOM!?

It's bad enough Cartoon Network had to fuck everything up back in June 2004 with the revamp, but making Tom look CUTE is one of the nails to Cartoon Network's coffin.

I liked Tom back when he was the li'l chubby robot guy back in the late 90's. This was when I got cable back in 1997. He was kickass. Then he became skinny with big hands after the Intruder miniseries. Okay, cool. He did need to lose weight. Tom 2's more cool now. Then the 2004 CN Revamp happens. Tom gets ANOTHER body, and looks somewhat similar to Tom 2. Hell, Sara got a facelift herself, but she was still hot to me. Okay, they're both still cool. We do need a more darker theme for Toonami anyway. But now, in 2007, we get this...ABOMINATION of Tom, along with his friends who share the same face as him. No Sara to be found, which SUCKS. I thought Toonami was supposed to be toward older audiences. I mean, they had FREAKIN' Naruto on there! Isn't that good enough for Toonami to be a bit dark and more mature? But no, Cartoon Network's retard executive decides to be a total asshole and turn Tom into THIS GUY.

(WARNING! SWEAR STORM UP AHEAD! ALSO RANT)

The only saving grace for Cartoon Network nowadays is Adult Swim, and even some of the programs on there are starting to taint that block too. Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, Futurama, Family Guy, and Metalocalypse are all that I can stand any more. I liked Trinity Blood and Fullmetal Alchemist too. Bleach? Maybe, I never watched that show before, so I'm not familiar with the characters (except I know that Ichigo's voice actor, Johnny Yong Bosch, is the same guy who played Adam on Power Rangers. And Adam, IMO, KICKS ASS).

But now Adult Swim just has to fuck things up as well, by bringing in two NEW shows that just suck: Saul of the Mole Men, and Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! The first show, Saul of the Mole Men, is RETARDED. Apparently, it's about this crew named STRATA that gets killed on their way to the center of the Earth, leaving just Saul Malone (the moustached geologist that replaces any word that has o into a), some British singer named Johnny Tambourine (trust me, watch just ONE episode with this guy in it, you'll know how retarded he is), and a robot with a brain of some guy who has yet to be revealed (like I give a damn). Apparently, Saul finds a village of Mole Men, once led by a king (he gets killed off in episode 3). Now, the king's two sons, Clancy Burrows (A Mole Man who sounds like he does the right thing), and Bertrum Burrows (A Mole Man who schemes to become king of the Mole Men), run against each other for King of the Mole Men, which ends up being Johnny Tambourine. I'm not gonna go further with the story, it's just retarded after that.

The other show that grinds my gears is Tim and Eric Awesome Show: Great Job! What the hell? Great job? The only great job they just did was making Tom goes to the Mayor, which only lasted for a good 10 episodes (and even that show sucked). But Tim and Eric's new show, is just a festival of WTF! It doesn't even make sense. I never watched this show, but I can already tell that by watching bits and pieces of this show, I can tell that it's just dumb. REALLY, REALLY DUMB. It's not a great job. It's a job that Tim and Eric fucked up with.

Cartoon Network. They screwed up themselves, Toonami, and probably Adult Swim also. May it rot in the fiery pits of Hell.

Rant over.

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I only watch about 4 CN shows: Ben 10, Naruto, Venture Bros, and Robot Chicken.

20. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

except for Adult Swim CN is dead to me it died the night JLU and the Teen Titans ended.